Author Topic: THAT wonderful Fester Map  (Read 954 times)

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
THAT wonderful Fester Map
« on: February 05, 2015, 08:14:39 AM »
This morning at port 251 we sank CV252.  The Rooks owned port 251 when the CV was sunk, but respawned as an enemy carrier group.  But the best part is it had a bishop Icon.  Can anyone explain this to me? :noid
AkCaine

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
Re: THAT wonderful Fester Map
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 11:19:49 AM »
I (a Bish) was on when 252 was captured by the Bish last night. I was surprised when it happened as port 251 was Nit at the time.  I do not recall any Bish being in that ocean at the time. No friendly was there just after it respawned, but I do not know where it was when sunk. I am thinking the Rooks sunk it. Could be wrong though.
It respawned at the port. On that map I am unsure if that is the right location.
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 12:17:02 PM »
That's happening regularly on that map. Bish own 2 CVs in the wrong ocean, one of them being from an uncapturable base.
I don't understand why this map hasn't been pulled from rotation after several bugs have shown up, woth the option of getting it back with the new terrain after those had been corrected.

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 08:49:27 PM »
Hmmmm,  bathwater ..... ooopsy baby  :uhoh

Lusche we see this map like once a month, it has far better game play and far many more options than the bugs that really do no more than deliver unexpected results.

I do agree that correcting known bugs would be a good thing, but.............. I think that HTC has it right to leave it in play.  I believe they are a bit busy right now, and for a very good reason.

Following the logic to shelve until fixed, how many planes would have been pulled from the MA, until their bugs had been fixed (okay, apples and oranges). 

Leave Fester Map in rotation, its absence will probably become less noticeble as a graphics update and who knows what else are delivered.  That is when I would address the problems.

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 04:39:48 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but i believe that the CV spawns was made the way they are with the purpose to encourage naval combat between cv-groups.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 04:57:29 AM »
To what end? Being a gunner aboard ship is a very small part of the game and is best used as a means to protect the floating airbase. In the context of the game two ships slugging it out doesn't accomplish anything.

This map is good for furballers, mudhens, and resupply goons and that is about it. The gameplay strat-wise is just knocking factories down repeatedly, but as far as strategy goes there is nothing there.

As for bombers grouping up to hit. . . anything. . . you will be seen miles away and there will be little success. Certainly, nothing strategic will happen.

The only thing the map truly serves is the knights that embrace short-range flights of hugging the ground until they get to guys 3-5k overhead and then zooming up to shoot them before they die in turn.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 05:37:18 AM »
Hmmmm,  bathwater ..... ooopsy baby  :uhoh

Lusche we see this map like once a month, it has far better game play and far many more options than the bugs that really do no more than deliver unexpected results.

I do agree that correcting known bugs would be a good thing, but.............. I think that HTC has it right to leave it in play.  I believe they are a bit busy right now, and for a very good reason.

Following the logic to shelve until fixed, how many planes would have been pulled from the MA, until their bugs had been fixed (okay, apples and oranges). 

Leave Fester Map in rotation, its absence will probably become less noticeble as a graphics update and who knows what else are delivered.  That is when I would address the problems.

Agree 100%  was playing off hours this weekend (4am to 9am EST) and there was no problem finding (or creating) a
Fight

What ever minor glitches there are can be corrected down the road
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 11:03:00 AM »
It keeps getting better and better,cv252 which is a bishop boat now just took airfield 186.  This puts the rooks at a disadvantage since they don't have the same situation against the Bishops.
The terrain legend leaves a lot to be desired.

There are river ways that don't appear on the map.

The radar indicator remaining black should be fixed.

I really think that this map is not ready yet and should be corrected before being in the rotation. :bhead
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 11:08:27 AM by 1Cane »
AkCaine

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 04:25:04 PM »
Please explain to me how port 249" which was Rook"  can be taken, CV250 was sunk and goes Bishop?
Port 251" Which was Knight," can be captured and CV252 Is sunk and goes Bishop. :aok
Correction Rooks took P249 now own cv250  1600 pst :bhead
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 06:11:43 PM by 1Cane »
AkCaine

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2015, 03:20:21 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but i believe that the CV spawns was made the way they are with the purpose to encourage naval combat between cv-groups.

This is a deliberate design choice but not the bug we are referring to.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2015, 10:06:57 PM »
I don't know diddly about coading, but it seems like fixing the darbar colors would be pretty quick and a little step towards map repair.
AMAX  in game

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2015, 07:11:59 AM »
I don't know diddly about coading, but it seems like fixing the darbar colors would be pretty quick and a little step towards map repair.

The dar colors is an attempt to illuminate a red hiding in the red dar bar color when radar is up or so I have read.  Maybe you have noticed that the red on red is hard to see.

Skuzzy in an old post noted the fester map was in a way an experiment from the traditional maps.  Not a quote on this.

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2015, 08:49:39 PM »
P218 is uncaptureable and yet P 219 is no longer bishop.

P251 is bishop and yet see the cv252 is not.

This map is like herpes the gift that just keeps giving
AkCaine