Author Topic: Anyone else get into the World of Warships Closed Beta?  (Read 2274 times)

Offline pugg666

• Silver Member
Re: Anyone else get into the World of Warships Closed Beta?
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2015, 04:58:46 AM »
Volron, to the right of the battle button in the harbor you'll notice that there's a little box that says co-op...switch it to random battles....you've been fighting bots so far.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2015, 05:36:49 AM »
I'm aware that I've been fighting bots. :)  Their pathfinding is hilarious though.  They will happily ram each other and us, even if on same team, and they have a nasty habit of torpedoing each other as well as players on the same team.  Oh, and they REALLY love humping islands.  There is some work that needs to be done to them. lol

I'm going to give Random Battles a go, however, it's that Aim Assist mod that's kind of keeping me on the fence.  If I'm going to be blasted by someone, I rather it was by someone who developed the skill and/or me making mistakes, not because of some assist mod.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2015, 02:28:50 AM »
I said screw it and had a couple of matches.  Picked up 2 missions in one match, which quickly went into my Aoba. lol  Would be nice if you could "re-roll" them though.  If I get something like scoring 5 torpedo hits in one match, I'm going to flip. :bhead

Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2015, 12:40:04 PM »
Welp, looks like the Beta ship will be the USS Arkansas.  I was hoping that the Beta Ship would be the USS Arizona. :(  Oh well, still like what I see. :aok
HiTech

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2015, 04:15:52 PM »
Any invite codes around?

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2015, 09:27:13 PM »
None.  You will need to buy one of the Pre-Order packs to get into the CBT now.

If you want the USS Arkansas, you will not want to wait around too long.  In roughly a week, they will announce the OBT date, though it will likely be at least a couple of months after before it hits.  Fortunately you will only need 49 battles in either Co-Op Battles or Random Battles, or a combination of the two to get her.  You will get her when it goes OBT.

I'm sitting on 300+ Co-Op Battles and 65 Random Battles, so I will get her come OBT. :D

As a heads up, when OBT hits, EVERYTHING is wiped.  The only premium ships that will remain after the wipe will be the 3 Pre-Order pack ships, the Alpha Iwaki (for those who were lucky enough to get into Alpha) and the Beta USS Arkansas.  Any prem time and gold you get as well, will be refunded in full upon launch.

The 3 Pre-Order ships will remain exclusive to those who got it for a full year after full release.  The Alpha Iwaki and Beta USS Arkansas will NOT be made available at a later date.
HiTech

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2015, 04:37:26 AM »
Got bored with it already.

It is pure arcade using WWII clothes, and is extremely simple.  The player base demands that all ships have an equal shot at beating the other, so you have 12,000 ton CAs engaging 70,000 ton BBs as equals.  Watching a Yamato or Montana burn to death is absurd.  The devs justify it based on the Battle of Tsushima where the Russian ships (the ones laden with coal in every nook and cranny for the insane trip from the Baltic to the Sea of Japan by way of the Cape of Good Hope) burned readily to the Japanese high explosive rounds.

Never mind that damage control technology on the Yamato and Montana, both oil burners, might, maybe have been slightly more advanced that Russian battleships which were mostly obsolete in 1905.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2015, 05:10:52 AM »
I have to say, I'm more interested in this naval game:

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2015, 05:40:39 AM »
A bit of work is still needed, no doubt there.  You are not the only one I've seen complain about the fire, and I have noticed fire a bit more common with the recent "buff" to HE.  CBT will be CBT after all. :)

If you were honestly expecting it to be something other than arcade-y, well, don't know what to say.  I watched numerous video's before I decided to buy my way into the CBT.  Latrobe reminded me that it existed, and the video's showed me that I could actually get into it a bit.  There were some informative video's in regards to game play, which really helped in my decision.

If you were invited into it, then you've lost nothing, unless you bought gold. :)

Yeah Lusche, I've been keeping an eye on it.  It's looking to be a good age of sail type game.
HiTech