Author Topic: There's not a lot more satisfying then outwitting a shade  (Read 5205 times)

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: There's not a lot more satisfying then outwitting a shade
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2015, 05:56:07 PM »
A lot of people don't seem to understand that when a base comes under attack, occasionally people realize "Hey.  They're likely going to have a goon for this attempt at taking the base.  The attack is coming from this direction, so they're likely going to be a few miles out somewhere off the attack line." and they go looking for it.

What the guy in the goon doesn't see is the times the defender guesses wrong and they don't even see him.  What occasionally also happens, is multiple defenders go looking for the goons in different directions.

So rather than defend their goons, people hang them out to dry and assume it had to be teh spiez when it's found and shot down.  Security through obscurity is not security.  The game proves this time and again.

Wiley.

Wiley your 100% correct! This was not a complaint thread im not against multiple accoutns and if someone has them I dont care how they use them thats just me. I play this game for bombing and base takes. Those are my strengths. I sneak when I have to and the rest of the time coordinate defended base takes. What you pointed out ive made those mistakes time and time again until I learned the hard way. Ive got to a point where I know what to do to prevent loosing a goon and only ask those who follow my commands to run them for me. In this particular situation I deliberately placed the goon in an area only a shade /spy could find him and he got the goon and it was someone i know to do this sort of thing. Thats ok cause he cant see an m3 :) and planned b worked :aok and boy was it defended heavily. Love playing on others greed for kills when trying to take a base!
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2015, 05:59:11 PM »
Here's a shade scenario I've seen many times and even reported when I had evidence. It has been used on me.

Player uses a shade to spot and target other players to shoot them down over and over.

These shade actions have driven players out of the game.
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2015, 06:56:33 PM »
How do you determine exactly which are the shade players?  What proof do you have?  There have been a few times I have been convinced of the existence of a player with two accounts (or a friendly spotting for him) but still can't prove it.  How many shades are playing, would you say and can you show me the complete roster of shades?

It's not that hard to figure out who had a shade account (imo they are very few but do exist). Either, as discussed elsewhere on this thread, the shade has been killed by his master a million times to add rank to said master, or the shade is virtually omnipresent yet rarely if ever ups anything. I PMed a rook of the latter type and he verified and justified his behavior, so I'm 100% certain they do exist (and not just the rook in question, there are other examples not worth the time to go into here). But, as I said before, I think they are very rare. I'd quit the game if they became common: i'm a bomber pilot and I need alt and at least a modicum of an element of surprise to survive.
Plus, being sneaky is fun.  :grin:

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2015, 07:13:57 PM »
Orrr, you can simply look at the top fighters list.

Womblovr - you can't be serious- nice stats in the PJ
GEICO-   how obvious could it be here.
Xoas- guess we already know that one...
Sten- may or may not be a shade. Never seen em before.
Achilles- may or may not be a shade.   :rolleyes:
Creampie- kinda like that one hahaha

You see, that's just how easy it is. I'm not saying these guys are doing anything wrong. I'm not saying they have more than one account. They could have simply just changed their name. I'm not saying they are using shades to win the war. I am saying that they are experienced players who changed their name to go incognito. There are many others who do this not in the top ranks. It just adds some excitement to me, and even I wonder sometimes who they use to be.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2015, 07:27:24 PM »
Orrr, you can simply look at the top fighters list.

Womblovr - you can't be serious- nice stats in the PJ
GEICO-   how obvious could it be here.
Xoas- guess we already know that one...
Sten- may or may not be a shade. Never seen em before.
Achilles- may or may not be a shade.   :rolleyes:
Creampie- kinda like that one hahaha

You see, that's just how easy it is. I'm not saying these guys are doing anything wrong. I'm not saying they have more than one account. They could have simply just changed their name. I'm not saying they are using shades to win the war. I am saying that they are experienced players who changed their name to go incognito. There are many others who do this not in the top ranks. It just adds some excitement to me, and even I wonder sometimes who they use to be.

Hehehe.  I'm hoping these are returning players.  I'm guessing some may be tuning up before reactivating their original name and announcing that they have returned.  I have noticed more of this lately than ever.  I think it's guys re-subbing and getting ready to fly the updated version.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2015, 07:54:57 PM »
As far as that situation is concerned I had no prior knowledge until you brought it up that a knight was helping them. I can only assume who that person but im 100% I know who it is.

it was posted on your own thread and it was almost at the top.  perhaps you didnt now when posted the thread about the mission but you knew about it before today.  and you sure you arent 100% sure because you posted something that sounded like you are 100% sure.

Btw that knight your referring to is a 49r now who got tired of the knights so good for him for resupping them.

funny but that guy sounds like he's the perfect definition of a spy.  where's your outrage against him?  me I couldnt care less.  his 15 bucks. 

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2015, 07:58:13 PM »
It's not that hard to figure out who had a shade account (imo they are very few but do exist). Either, as discussed elsewhere on this thread, the shade has been killed by his master a million times to add rank to said master, or the shade is virtually omnipresent yet rarely if ever ups anything. I PMed a rook of the latter type and he verified and justified his behavior, so I'm 100% certain they do exist (and not just the rook in question, there are other examples not worth the time to go into here). But, as I said before, I think they are very rare. I'd quit the game if they became common: i'm a bomber pilot and I need alt and at least a modicum of an element of surprise to survive.
Plus, being sneaky is fun.  :grin:

vulching your own shade account will cause the reset of your score.  trust me it has happened many times, caldera has found a couple who even scored at the front page later to have their scores removed. 

semp

Offline Groth

• Nickel Member
« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2015, 10:57:19 PM »
For example, in Tour 97, the last half of the month was played purely for score.  A base capture each in GV and Bombers, shooting a town with PT rockets and uber timid flying (almost exclusively in an uber plane) garnered an overall rank of #19.

Last month's Tour 181, my overall rank was #1080.  Which tour rank is an accurate snapshot of my "talent"?

367th did this 2-3 years ago...you CAN get high rank w/this 'system'....
but it is BORING...
my apologies for those who can NOT stand losing their precious....rank
                                           JGroth

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2015, 01:31:08 AM »
Wizz and Capera we love you two. Wizz has done a ton to help the 49th gv battalions reach their goals. when he sees a base that we can launch raids from he takes it and leaves us a note. then BOOM HQ down or base rolled by Gvs. Capera and Wizz spend alot of time on vox flying with us and when they have squaddies on the three squads start taking base after base. shade or no shades against us we get the job done. I dislike shades but lets face it theres no way to get rid of them so we will just adapt and overcome. <S> 49Boob
"Sighhhhhhhhhh, office closed do to ice for a day, And I miss a thread like this.."HiTech
Armed N Hammered 2002-2003
JG44 Night Hawks/JV44 Butcher Birds 2003-2009
49th Fighter Group fightn' 49ers Feb2012-present
138th FW Tulsa, OK 2009-2015

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2015, 08:01:15 AM »
Wizz and Capera we love you two. Wizz has done a ton to help the 49th gv battalions reach their goals. when he sees a base that we can launch raids from he takes it and leaves us a note. then BOOM HQ down or base rolled by Gvs. Capera and Wizz spend alot of time on vox flying with us and when they have squaddies on the three squads start taking base after base. shade or no shades against us we get the job done. I dislike shades but lets face it theres no way to get rid of them so we will just adapt and overcome. <S> 49Boob

:salute

I don't think I've ever seen such a warped minded gamer such as semp. This guy thinks he's got something on me because he followed my buffs on time running as errand boy for the more talented sticks in his squad. Hey, every body needs an errand boy! It just too bad he can't make more of an impact. So much potential wasted....

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2015, 12:39:13 AM »
i like semp and hes a fun fight. but theres very few people i dont like in the game and i try not to bash unless its for sport
"Sighhhhhhhhhh, office closed do to ice for a day, And I miss a thread like this.."HiTech

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2015, 01:29:06 PM »
i like semp and hes a fun fight. but theres very few people i dont like in the game and i try not to bash unless its for sport
Semp is an ankle biting errand boy who would rather read a thread title then the OP and make baseless accusations that carry little weight.  :neener:

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2015, 03:09:40 PM »
Semp is an ankle biting errand boy who would rather read a thread title then the OP and make baseless accusations that carry little weight.  :neener:

baseless accusations?  you admitted to all of them  :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl.

semp

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2015, 10:26:08 PM »
baseless accusations?  you admitted to all of them  :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl.

semp
Once again poor wittle semp reaches but comes up short.

Prove if or do I have to do that for you?

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2015, 03:58:09 AM »
yall need to quit biting each others ankles!!!! now kiss and make up