Author Topic: Perk rewards effort.  (Read 2216 times)

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
Re: Perk rewards effort.
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2015, 07:40:58 PM »
hmmmmm makes me want to up a set of 29s and check it out tonight since I never used my bomber perks before.except one time I upped a set of 234s didnt work out so well. .don't want to talk about it lol
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 08:01:28 PM by scott66 »
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2015, 08:05:13 PM »
I know the perk modifier and  ENY,OBJ are used to calculate perk points.
But I had to laugh!

I took a single B29 (90 perks) up to 33.5k loaded with 40 x 500lbs
A long, long climb. 
Ozkansas map. Took off NE Base 183 6k.  Heading North for a while then turning south for a while till I got to 30k.
I made up the remaining 3.3k on way to Rook City which was @ 100%
Dropped 18 blocks, saved 4 eggs for trip home.
Hit 2 town centres with a 500lb (approx 15 buildings each drop) and landed with 2 eggs still on board.

I don't know how long the flight was but I had full tank when I upped and 1/8th of tank of fuel left on landing.

1.5 perks

I probably won't fly B29 again.   Easier to take B17's and spend the perks on a 234

18 minutes work.  :D

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2015, 08:21:02 PM »
First of all, hitting targets IS where the perks are for bombers. Of course, just like with fighters, some bombers get more perks for that than others. So the B-29 is just a bad bomber to generate perks, same as the Me 262 to the Tempest are bad choices to generate perks when flying fighters. It's the price you pay for flying a monster.
Besides, bomber perks are the most easy ones to gain in AH.

I'm not arguing that, but getting a kill or two of other aircraft results in a significant increase in perks, where hitting pages of targets results in very little.  This IMO is why we have people using bombers to troll for fighters.

Quote from: Lusche
Second, don't try to make it look like I did say someone shouldn't fly the bombers like he wants or even "play my way". I just commented that flying B-29s at 33 k is "effectively removing you from gameplay", which it actually is. At 33k in such a fast plane you hardly ever run into any opposition at all. More security can only be found in tower or offline or by doing resupply runs to your strats.

I guess I misunderstood.  Regardless, I don't believe it's a removal from game play... it does however increase the challenge.  Patience pays off in this.

Quote from: Lusche
I am kind of a 'safety flyer' myself, I tend to be very careful when selecting routes and altitudes when flying bombers. I'm not a 999000 screaming "COME AT ME" when flying over an busy hostile base at 8k.
But I found that flying at 33k in a B-29 is quite unnecessary, given all the firepower and speed. Yes, there's a slightly increased chance someone will fire at me when flying at 27k, but that's been countered by a an increased chance of having fun for both (until one goes down.)
And I'm not too sure if it's all that good for the game when during off hours, when there are only few people on, the only hostile con in the area is flying at 33,000 feet...

I would say it's fine for the game... the alternative would be a very slippery slope.

And, as I'm often falsely depicted as being exclusively a "bomber killer looking for weak prey", just for the record: While I do have 310 kills of the B-29, I have also almost the same amount, 293 kills, in the B-29...
[/quote]
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2015, 08:25:44 PM »

35k gv perks Damm bud glad you're a bish :rofl
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2015, 08:31:02 PM »

Nice!  :aok

Had a similar run a long time ago.  Bombed three towns in a Betty and landed this:

"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2015, 08:42:54 PM »
I'm not arguing that, but getting a kill or two of other aircraft results in a significant increase in perks, where hitting pages of targets results in very little. 

Not really. The B-29 has ENY and OBJ 2.. but it can kill loads of objects, while it's rare to kill more than 2 or three planes... which usually add only about 0.3-1 perks before modifiers - not each, but total.
If you are bombing towns or factories, you will always gain much more from that (though still very little compared to other bombers).

See the example I gave above, my best B-29 sortie in terms of perks. Even if we assume it had been made at perk multiplier 3.0, killing a Ta 152 would have given me only 0.75 additional perk points. Compare that to the 18.4 I got from bombing... and I possible could have gotten more perks by milking townsinstead of attacking factories.

Only when the ENY of the bomber is getting significantly above the OBJ rating or if the payload is small, the killing of fighters compares more favourably to the mass destruction of objects.
See the B-17, ENY 20 (so 10 times perk gain by killing fighters) and OBJ 12 (but much less payload)

It's all in the numbers  :old:

« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 08:44:33 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2015, 09:54:22 PM »
Nice!  :aok

Had a similar run a long time ago.  Bombed three towns in a Betty and landed this:

:aok

Offline Petrol

• Zinc Member
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2015, 10:38:29 AM »
In my post I did not say that I was perk farming.  Just that I was surprised that
18 city blocks and 30 odd town buildings = 1.5 perks.

How I got to the targets and back is immaterial.  33.5k or at 200ft makes no impact on the perk reward.
I have 3 B29 sorties. All in single, no formations.  No experience of killing one, or defending one.

I used the B29 on this occasion to damage the enemy city.  Ack there is effective to 40k no?
No city defenders is something outside of my control.  I can only do my part to put max damage on the enemy
with tool I have, without getting shot down.
I never bail without good reason and try and add a little realism by completing my own mission.
Perhaps I should have been a little more charitable and flown at the afore mentioned  27k

The removed from gameplay bit is a little absurd to me, for I think I flew it to it's capabilities and affected the
game for my own country benefit. 

But I found that flying at 33k in a B-29 is quite unnecessary, given all the firepower and speed. Yes, there's a slightly increased chance someone will fire at me when flying at 27k, but that's been countered by a an increased chance of having fun for both (until one goes down.)
And I'm not too sure if it's all that good for the game when during off hours, when there are only few people on, the only hostile con in the area is flying at 33,000 feet...

I am in UK.  Should I stay up 'till early hours to help enhance gameplay?

Anyhow.  All this is bumph about how I got there and back is not my point.  Just the reward of 1.5 perks.

Getting to an enemy city is like sticking a knife in the enemy heart.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2015, 12:55:48 PM »
In my post I did not say that I was perk farming.  Just that I was surprised that
18 city blocks and 30 odd town buildings = 1.5 perks.

How I got to the targets and back is immaterial.  33.5k or at 200ft makes no impact on the perk reward.
I have 3 B29 sorties. All in single, no formations.  No experience of killing one, or defending one.

I used the B29 on this occasion to damage the enemy city.  Ack there is effective to 40k no?
No city defenders is something outside of my control.  I can only do my part to put max damage on the enemy
with tool I have, without getting shot down.
I never bail without good reason and try and add a little realism by completing my own mission.
Perhaps I should have been a little more charitable and flown at the afore mentioned  27k

The removed from gameplay bit is a little absurd to me, for I think I flew it to it's capabilities and affected the
game for my own country benefit. 

I am in UK.  Should I stay up 'till early hours to help enhance gameplay?

Anyhow.  All this is bumph about how I got there and back is not my point.  Just the reward of 1.5 perks.

Getting to an enemy city is like sticking a knife in the enemy heart.
Bolded part.  That is your reward for taking the uber B-29.  If perks are what you want, grab a Boston or some other high eny plane. 

The entire reason for ENY based perk bonus is the very reason you are complaining about.  If you want perks, fly crap planes.  If you want to easily inflict damage, fly low eny planes.   :headscratch:
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org