Author Topic: Don't move controls too rapidly  (Read 3033 times)

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Re: Don't move controls too rapidly
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2015, 08:19:12 AM »
I will try one more time to help those with little knowledge of electronics.  When i see the W7 calibration jumping from 49% to 51 % without touching the pedals what I am seeing is limited by the computer's and monitor's speed to measure and display.  An oscilloscope speed and controls could capture full travel spikes that the computer is just not fast enough to read and display.

Now all of you that have posted assuming it is my stick movement only does your raw data show it is jumping around as much as mine.

This has been my experience with Randy as well, and over numerous encounters at that.

I have seen yours do the same several times.

And one more time to those that do not read my past post.

IT HAS NEVER ... NEVER EVER HAPPENED ON DEFENSE.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2015, 08:31:38 AM »
Randy you don't need an oscilloscope or a degree in nuclear physics to diagnose a bad pot. Change the pots. Get a new powered hub while you're at it, they're cheap. Try another stick. If you do this and it STILL happens I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it's probably just you. Being on defense has nothing to do with this. You said yourself further up the thread it happens when you're near stall making extreme stick inputs. Could it even possibly be you're being just a little ham handed with the stick? Not possible? I don't know what else to tell you. It's been my experience with you that you have a really hard time with people trying to help you out. You've gotten great advice here from some good people and apparently none of us know what we're talking about. You're welcome. Sheesh.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2015, 07:27:21 AM »
I might add it is quite possible for what one person sees to be a reflection of the network latencies of any given connection involved in the fight.  High speed maneuvers, at close ranges, can exacerbate the issue.

This has little to do with your immediate Internet connection, unless you are on a high variance/latency connection.

The smoothing code will do its best to present natural transitions, but there is a limit to how effective it can be.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2015, 01:31:55 PM »
Randy you don't need an oscilloscope or a degree in nuclear physics to diagnose a bad pot. Change the pots. Get a new powered hub while you're at it, they're cheap. Try another stick. If you do this and it STILL happens I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it's probably just you. Being on defense has nothing to do with this. You said yourself further up the thread it happens when you're near stall making extreme stick inputs. Could it even possibly be you're being just a little ham handed with the stick? Not possible? I don't know what else to tell you. It's been my experience with you that you have a really hard time with people trying to help you out. You've gotten great advice here from some good people and apparently none of us know what we're talking about. You're welcome. Sheesh.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

sounds like "defense" to me

but hey thats cool  :rolleyes:

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2015, 02:01:04 PM »
Drano It is so odd people have completely discounted the problem the pedals have showing a very unstable center position easily seen in AH as well as W7.

sounds like "defense" to me
but hey thats cool  :rolleyes:

It is not defense when the guy is in your sight and I am pulling the trigger. :rofl

Skuzzy's point is a good one.  A lot of times when we. including myself in this accuse others of  :joystick: jiggling it may be acceptable defensive moves with internet situations between the two players that are beyond the ability of smoothing curve to make look correct.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2015, 02:10:05 PM »
Drano It is so odd people have completely discounted the problem the pedals have showing a very unstable center position easily seen in AH as well as W7.

It is not defense when the guy is in your sight and I am pulling the trigger. :rofl

Skuzzy's point is a good one.  A lot of times when we. including myself in this accuse others of  :joystick: jiggling it may be acceptable defensive moves with internet situations between the two players that are beyond the ability of smoothing curve to make look correct.

now that is a true statement....

do you auto record?

it would be good to see when and how it happens.

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2015, 08:31:42 AM »
glzz if your on my 6 again and i puke trying to avoid you and mess up my new stick im going to put a spell on you that your plane will always fly upside down.... :devil

Hehehehe
See Rule #4