Author Topic: How do you upload a film to you tube  (Read 759 times)

Offline Draggon

• Copper Member
      • vmf214blacksheep.webs.com
How do you upload a film to you tube
« on: April 07, 2015, 10:48:37 AM »
Hi Gents and ladies, I'm new to making films and just finished one I'd like to upload to you tube, but I have no idea on how. Could someone please explain what I need to do, it would be most appreciated.
Thank you everyone  :salute

Draggon Out:
CO VMF214 "BLACK SHEEP" Commanding
"Actually however the object isn't to bail out of your ship, but to make the other fellow bail out of his''

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: How do you upload a film to you tube
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 11:12:14 AM »
You need a Youtube account. Once you're signed in, in the top left hand corner of the page you'll see a button that says upload. Click it and it will take you to a new page. Once you're on this page you just click where it says "Click or drag to upload" and find your video file. While it's uploading you can fill out all the other information needed for the video. The size of your video will determine how fast it gets processed.

Offline Draggon

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 11:53:00 AM »
Thank you for the reply, I really appreciate it  :salute

Oh by the way, Interesting fact with your name Dragon Tamer...lol   :cheers:

Draggon Out:
"Actually however the object isn't to bail out of your ship, but to make the other fellow bail out of his''

Offline Draggon

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 01:50:52 AM »
Ok, I got the YouTube account, but the two programs I tried to use to make the films, both- Movie studio platinum 12 and windows movie maker, neither one will let me save the films in a format that You Tube will accept..... Movie studio only lets me save it as a .vf file and windows will only let me save it as a .wlmp file. I tried to use a video converter ( prism ) but it said it can't open the file to convert it..  :furious :uhoh :bhead :bhead
 So what I'm I doing wrong here..lol
Could someone help me out please! I would truly appreciate it very much, I've spent hrs trying to figure this out.
Thanks for you time gents.

Draggon Out:

Offline mikev

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 03:00:39 AM »
if i remember right windows movie player has a tab marked youtube. i use windows live movie maker which i am sure is free.
[/URL]

1 Of these days you will regret shooting me down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R4qb6_RPUc

Offline Draggon

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 08:55:52 AM »
Thanks Mikey, yes Live windows movie maker does have a tab for You Tube, so does Movie Studio 12, and when I tried to that, its said it couldn't log into my you tube account, its keeps telling me my user name and or password isn't correct ( which I know it is, cause I logged into you tube to make sure ).. this is becoming very frustrating..lol  :bhead
 Thanks
Draggon Out:

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 09:15:23 AM »
Thanks Mikey, yes Live windows movie maker does have a tab for You Tube, so does Movie Studio 12, and when I tried to that, its said it couldn't log into my you tube account, its keeps telling me my user name and or password isn't correct ( which I know it is, cause I logged into you tube to make sure ).. this is becoming very frustrating..lol  :bhead
 Thanks
Draggon Out:

In the screen shot that mikev posted, you can see on the tool bar at the top, second one to the right there is an icon for saving. This allows you to save the file in a different format. Choose the one that's labeled "Optimal for this computer" (it's something like that). This will save it as a format that YouTube will recognize.

Offline Draggon

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 10:11:38 AM »
Again, thank you Dragon Tamer and everyone else that has barred with me on this issue, you guys are the greatest  :salute. Ok, I'll give it another try and let you all know how it came out..lol
 I truly do appreciate everyone's help with this. Thanks! :cheers:

Draggon Out:

Offline mikev

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 12:41:48 PM »
LOL i forgot to tell you about the login goofy thing, my fault  when you set up the youtube account you had to set up an email as well . if you go to the email account you will find an email telling you about unauthorized login attempt . it will ask if it is you or somebody else . click on the link that says you  (duhh ) and it will open a page talking about secure and non secure setting for other programs . in my case i use a gmail account see photo. this will explain everything and allow you to loginto your youtube account. any more questions let us know.
[/URL]

Offline Draggon

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2015, 09:03:45 AM »
Mikev, I use yahoo mail so it doesn't have that option. I'm still trying to get this figured out and hopefully I do. Lol  And if and when I finally get this figured all out, I'll post it on You tube and post a link here, so you all can say, hey dude, you suck at filming...LOL  But that's if and when I figure this all out ( still trying, and nothing seems to work)  :bhead
 Anyway, thanks for everyone's help I do appreciate it.
Draggon Out:

Offline mikev

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2015, 12:22:20 PM »
you mean there is no email on your yahoo informing you of this? did ytou check your junk or spam folder .

Offline Draggon

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2015, 03:28:11 PM »
No, I haven't received any email from yahoo about my film. If this keeps up, I'll just send you the film and you can post it for me..LOL   :aok
 I'll get it figured out one day, I hope!
Thanks again for your help.
 :salute
Draggon Out:

Offline mikev

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2015, 09:37:12 PM »
LOL  dont worry about it  of course it is no biggie to set up a g mail account through google. ya can use the same username and password you have for yahoo to simplify things

https://accounts.google.com/SignUp?service=mail&hl=en_us&continue=http%3A%2F%2Fmail.google.com%2Fmail%2F%3Fpc%3Den-ha-na-us-bk&utm_campaign=en&utm_source=en-ha-na-us-bk&utm_medium=ha

Offline Draggon

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2015, 11:19:16 AM »
Ok, G-mail account, you tube account all has been set up, formats has been set right, now when I go to upload a film to you tube and its asked to sign in, I keep getting a message saying the name or password isn't right ahhhhhh  :bhead :bhead :bhead. I know the user name and password are right cause I logged onto You tube myself to make sure..... This is getting very frustrating.... I even turned off my virus protector and firewall and tried it.
 What the heck I'm I doing wrong here..lol :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Draggon Out:

Offline mikev

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2015, 02:04:39 PM »
ok lets link your g mail to your youtube so that all notification go to your gmail account. you can use your yahoo account for other uses.  first you will need to login to youtube  then follow the pics. remember you will need to verify the new gmail account before it will show up.

[/URL]

[/

[/URL]