Author Topic: The game play lately sucks!  (Read 19490 times)

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
Re: The game play lately sucks!
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2015, 03:03:11 PM »
What Wizz has "wizzed" by is the old adage "The Customer is Always right". 

Of course, they aren't, but in the end without them, there is not product.  Right or wrong, if enough people leave due to what they deem as "horrible game play", and there is no product.  The task for the product developer (HTC in this case) is to balance the changes to the product to the max benefit.  If everyone was quitting because there was no rainbow colored tanks, then if it were me, I would paint a tank in rainbow colors if I wanted to stay in business. Of course, if this is just a very vocal minority, and no one is actually leaving, then it's fine.  Wizz, if you can't understand that simple concept, I got nutt'n left for ya. 

Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2015, 03:09:56 PM »

Its like watching a worm with salt on it

The who in the where now?   :headscratch:
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2015, 03:29:08 PM »
What Wizz has "wizzed" by is the old adage "The Customer is Always right". 

Of course, they aren't, but in the end without them, there is not product.  Right or wrong, if enough people leave due to what they deem as "horrible game play", and there is no product.  The task for the product developer (HTC in this case) is to balance the changes to the product to the max benefit.  If everyone was quitting because there was no rainbow colored tanks, then if it were me, I would paint a tank in rainbow colors if I wanted to stay in business. Of course, if this is just a very vocal minority, and no one is actually leaving, then it's fine.  Wizz, if you can't understand that simple concept, I got nutt'n left for ya.
I dont mind taking the heat for my opinion. Nit one person can argue against your points.

but HTC has not budged on HQ. So one day a group of guys decided it was time to make good use of how easy HQ is to take down. I decided to aid in this because doing it your way like everyone else isnt getting it done. At the same time i learned to deal with it. Now i dont care if my Hq is down i still can play... and rest easy no one can shade me :x

See yall think because i argue gainst you i am dumb. that i dont see the picture but your wrong. I see it but the way things are its not going to change and thats fine. I do things my way. If you dont like it come find me and stop me. Otherwise get back in the game you once loved and try to enjoy it. If you dont like your HQ down start killing Hq's and get revenge. Its great!!!

You see as a rook we deal with hordes, we get ganged up on both fronts when you ser we are the greatest threat. We deal with so much just like you. Do we complain? Most of the rook nation does not for a reason!

Rooks start sounding off in this thread your displeasure with game play and HQ dropping please
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline 428CJ

• Copper Member
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2015, 04:12:39 PM »
I too,  either log off or  Gv when HQ goes down, mostly just logoff.

Game just isn't fun without dar it becomes like clue or 20 questions.

What if HQ came back up 100%  after 10 min just like a Cv ?

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2015, 04:14:44 PM »
I too,  either log off or  Gv when HQ goes down, mostly just logoff.

Game just isn't fun without dar it becomes like clue or 20 questions.

What if HQ came back up 100%  after 10 min just like a Cv ?
I might be mistaken...but it used to be down for 15 minutes flat
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2015, 04:24:01 PM »
I might be mistaken...but it used to be down for 15 minutes flat

45 minutes, but resupplyable.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2015, 04:50:09 PM »
I like that this game is MMO and not round based. You really need the bombers and tanker and fighters all in the same arena all fighting for the same cause. Plus in a round base model squads will be disbanned the game won't have the same feel. It makes the game whole and more Interesting with a big map. I'm sure Hitech and them will fix the HQ problem. Obviously it does need some adjusting.

Once the #s fill up on the maps the level of play becomes very competitive and very fun and there are battles going on all over the place. It is crazy exciting. We just gotta market the new version well enough.

From what I've heard there will be changes to the new game that many of us have been bickering about. I'm sure alpha and HTC team have heard our concerns.

With many hopes the new AH will take off and collect a lot of new/older players and keep them around.

My guess is all you've heard is "wishful speculation". I tend not to believe anything I hear unless it comes from HTC themselves. Even then I wait to SEE it before I'll fully believe it.  HTC is very good at only letting out what they are doing for sure, stuff that has been written in stone for a few months before they let it out. Even then, I give them the benefit of the doubt as "stuff happens".

The HQ problem can be fixed in a minute (harden HQ). It can be tweaked over the following week or two until a nice balance is found so that it can still be taken down, but requires a few more players, there by generating a fight to do so.

If they can be believed, we have lost a few more players. Not being able to find a fight is one of the causes given. How many more will have to leave before HTC does something about it?

I spent time jumping from flashing base to flashing base to see what was where. More often than not it was a set of high buffs porking the centers of towns. I even went through a dozen or so drop tanks running up and down the corridor between the city and HQ, scoring a few kills on some A20s hitting the city. Very boring afternoon into evening. Almost jumped in a buff myself to work on some bombing achievements. Dar finally came up and stayed up later in the evening and a number of fights broke out.

So after spending 8 hours contemplating canceling my subscription, I had 2 hours of fun that knocked that idea out of my head.

Personally I think HTC is wasting their time with the new version. If game play isn't brought back to the point where its fun again, they will release the new version to the last 50 subscribers.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2015, 05:01:12 PM »
45 minutes, but resupplyable.
Better then 120 minutes  :aok
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2015, 05:02:42 PM »
Better then 120 minutes  :aok

Isn't that not factoring in city downage though?  I was under the impression city affected it?

Pretty sure it was above 45 the last time I cared enough to .dt the HQ.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2015, 05:03:59 PM »
Isn't that not factoring in city downage though?  I was under the impression city affected it?

Pretty sure it was above 45 the last time I cared enough to .dt the HQ.

Wiley.

This is how it's now - 45+city. Junky contemplated on how it's used to be, and that was 45mins flat (minus resupply)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2015, 05:06:43 PM »
I will stay as long as they keep the doors open on HTC..my reasons are simple..the game is playable and enjoyable as is and as demonstrated in the last 2 Memorial flights that I've participated in..the aces
high community as a whole is second to none..and that is what makes it worth my 15 bucks. .IMHO

"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2015, 05:37:59 PM »
Yep last time I was on, hq was down most of the time. Then nits started floating 8-9 lanc fleets as low alt missions because nobody could intercept them. Everyone was complaining how stupid it was. I logged. Yesterday I didn't even bother to play again.

HTC needs to harden the HQ so that it will take at least 3-4 full sets of lancs to kill and get rid of the radar blinding ability once and for all.

A slight edit to your post.  This will solve the problem.  Make the HQ worthy of destroying, by rewarding the attackers with a tangible benefit, instead of it's current role as "griefer's paradise".

Trolls are banned from the bulletin board, yet scurry about freely in the MA, intentionally ruining the fun of paying customers.  If someone shoots you down and you get mad, that's your problem.  If someone purposefully shuts down the darbars just to piss people off, that is a game problem.

And still the complaints fall on deaf ears. 
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2015, 05:51:08 PM »
Seems now, every time Hitech posts picture updates on the goodies he is creating in the alpha to let you know what's coming, or how far along he has things. Some dork has to open one of these doom and gloom threads with everyone piles on taking polar sides to it. And then all of the thinly veiled threats by players of a.) thinking of quiting or else. b.) was going to quit but, some nebulous change of heart but, you see I might have, so you better listen to my whines or else. Change itty bitty a-z or else......

There is only Hitech doing code on AH3.

AH2 has run it's course.

Making changes to AH2 means watching for the fallout that will precipitate over weeks. AH3 then is a factor of those weeks behind schedule. The game AH2 is what it is. AH3 courtesy of the screen shots and posted films is not.

If you are going to leave you will leave. If you are going to stay you will stay. Hitech is building AH3, give him a break and put a cork in it. The door at AH swings both ways 24x7.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2015, 06:53:17 PM »
Anytime a legitimate complaint arises, here comes Bustr:

"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2015, 07:00:25 PM »
Seems now, every time Hitech posts picture updates on the goodies he is creating in the alpha to let you know what's coming, or how far along he has things. Some dork has to open one of these doom and gloom threads with everyone piles on taking polar sides to it. And then all of the thinly veiled threats by players of a.) thinking of quiting or else. b.) was going to quit but, some nebulous change of heart but, you see I might have, so you better listen to my whines or else. Change itty bitty a-z or else......

There is only Hitech doing code on AH3.

AH2 has run it's course.

Making changes to AH2 means watching for the fallout that will precipitate over weeks. AH3 then is a factor of those weeks behind schedule. The game AH2 is what it is. AH3 courtesy of the screen shots and posted films is not.

If you are going to leave you will leave. If you are going to stay you will stay. Hitech is building AH3, give him a break and put a cork in it. The door at AH swings both ways 24x7.

All of the screen shots of the new version show GRAPHIC updates. While that is nice and pretty and all none of them have showed anything pointing out possible game play changes.

New graphics are to help bring in new players, those that seem to think pretty pictures are more important than the actual game. I would be willing to bet that most players already play with lowered graphic setting now and really couldn't care less how pretty everything is. It is the game they want to play.

So now game play continues to changed as it is human nature to look for a better way. It's time for HTC to make changes so that all their hard work is not just pushed aside as being irrelevant to the way the game is played today. They should continually "steer" the game along it's course and not just let the players drive it off a cliff.