Author Topic: The game play lately sucks!  (Read 19789 times)

Offline Mitchell

• Copper Member
Re: The game play lately sucks!
« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2015, 07:19:06 PM »

Offline fbEagle

• Nickel Member
« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2015, 07:54:20 PM »
 :noid
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 07:57:02 PM by fbEagle »
<Insert witty remark here>

Offline 428CJ

• Copper Member
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2015, 08:27:58 PM »
So it would be possible to have HQ full up in 10 or15 min.  Seems like that would work, people who get excited by bombing HQ could do it and the ones that want to be able to figure out were to fly can go get a sandwich and Dar will be back up.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2015, 09:19:47 PM »
Think CT light.

HiTech

CT, or "Combat Tour" was going to be a bit closer to a role playing type of set up. You were going to have to start at the bottom and work your way up through the ranks. As higher ranks were achieved you would open ablities to run bigger and better missions. Think our "achievement" system with rewards.

The only way that addresses any of the issues that seem to be the leading factors of people leaving is if EVERYONE is too busy trying to move up the ranks to continue with the HQ drops and the population/ENY issues and such. On top of that not everyone is going to be "into" that type of play. I just got my second star and how long have we had that system in the game?

Griefers are going to grief, adjustment due to low numbers, these are the problems that need to be looked at.

So it would be possible to have HQ full up in 10 or15 min.  Seems like that would work, people who get excited by bombing HQ could do it and the ones that want to be able to figure out were to fly can go get a sandwich and Dar will be back up.

The only problem with that is that an HQ bomber..... if he RTBs won't even be landed by the time HQ would be back up. The issue isn't that HQ drops dar... well to most people, the issue is one guy can sneak in with out a chance of getting caught and knock it out. There is no defense other than spending your "play time" circling HQ. And should you find some people who actually think that could be fun, you'll need a couple, one to watch high, and one to watch low.

Hitting HQ shouldn't be removed as an option, but it should be MUCH harder to take out. Make it so it takes 3 guys in formations to drop it. Now you need a mission to drop HQ. Now you need a few extra buffs to cover for possible loses. Now you need fighter cover to get those few guys through. Now you have a bigger chance of the mission being spotted and a defense time to be mounted. now you have COMBAT!

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2015, 09:45:02 PM »
I will stay as long as they keep the doors open on HTC..my reasons are simple..the game is playable and enjoyable as is and as demonstrated in the last 2 Memorial flights that I've participated in..the aces
high community as a whole is second to none..and that is what makes it worth my 15 bucks. .IMHO

I'll be there too scott  :airplane: :joystick:
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2015, 09:51:17 PM »
now you have COMBAT!

And that's not what they're looking for.  If everything goes spectacularly according to plan, most strat bombers don't want to get within range of an enemy aircraft.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline shake307

• Zinc Member
« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2015, 10:38:22 PM »
Bomb their HQ.  Simple and elegant.  Unless flying bomb trucks is beneath some of you.  If it is, stop complaining, and fly a bomb truck.  FLAME ON!!   :bolt:
Respect is granted, not demanded.

Let's get drunk and fly!

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2015, 11:26:33 PM »
If the HQ is down when I log on, I just log off.
Its too hard to find a fight.
What's the point of staying on and wasting my time ?

At least the scenarios can't be ruined by the playstation/xbox children.

Same here.  Haven't been on in days.  The griefing gets old.

”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2015, 12:24:04 AM »
Some parameters that should be easy to change:
1. Increase damage to destroy.
2. Decrease down time.
3. Increase benefit of resupply, i.e. increase time reduction to 10 minutes per box from 4 minutes.

Improvements that require coding:
1. Adding ack, manned or otherwise.
2. Adding radar coverage. Big radar coverage.
3. Adding a 163 runway at the HQ itself.
4. Always put a vehicle spawn very close to HQ.

On many maps, the HQ is far from an easy resupply point, with radar free routes available. This would require some map redesigns.

This post is looking like a wishlist post, so, what the heck: Give us an Me 323 with increased resupply ability.

For the record, the game is still great. Frustrating at times, yes, but still the most fun I have on a computer.

GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2015, 12:57:36 AM »
Well I solved my problem by quitting. Im not paying for a game with this kind of game play.

When the next version comes out I'll see if anything is rectified. As it is now its just a waste of time.

I am thinking the same.  Would like to update my skins first but....the Dar Griefing and oversized maps with frontlines that barely move is hard to take.

:salute
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2015, 01:03:47 AM »
I'm sorry but flying 1 pair of bombers to a HQ and ruining everyone's fun experience, while not using it to your teams advantage (obviously because wars haven't been won) is the most easiest part to be good at, at the game. Same goes for killing the CV during huge battles as well as killing FHs for no reason at a base during a large furball.

You make me sick!!!! Sick I tell you. The sad part is that it is the easiest part of the game and you think your all high and mighty for it. I think it is just lame. For all of you who bomb the furball bases FHs and then don't capture the base (while ruining the fun fight) I hate you, I hate you all!!!

Not to mention, I don't understand why you can't go bomb somewhere else, ans easily capture a base that no one even sees. You get all the strat points for score, you can take base after base with no one noticing, and yet what do they do? Attack the FHs at a furball base that does nothing for no one and instead makes the war effort even more troubling than just simply capuring bases where no one is at. I just don't understsnd it personally.

Couldn't agree more.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2015, 01:15:24 AM »
I'll be there too scott  :airplane: :joystick:

Great!  Enjoy playing with yourselves.   (Pun.)
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2015, 02:30:25 AM »
Ok now I understand.

There is only one Dr. Frankenstein cooking up a new monster you will be forced to play with soon, like the new abomination or not. You guys still want to keep the mob going to burn the castle down over the old monster who is about to be put out to pasture along with your unresolved grievances. And you want Herr Doktor to stop ignoring your mob howling for the old monster's head, while he's sewing together a new monster you haven't been consulted about.

So which is it? You guys want to burn the castle down over the old monster? Hang the Doktor over your grievances? Or sew together the new monster your selves? Or all three at the same time?

None of you know how to make monsters. None of you are Doktors of monster making. And only one person in this soap opera has ever made monsters before. And he ain't a member of your pitchfork and torch parade. And it's still not really clear which one you want to hang more, him or his monster.

I think an average person by this point would walk away from this thankless no win scenario. 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: April 14, 2015, 07:07:51 AM »
I'm going to post this again so that people can learn how to create and find fights

If the dar is out, and you have a group of squadies on, go to the middle of the map and pick 110s or any other attack destroyer like 38s or 47s, and rick roll a base!

You can go NOE, high or right off a CV!

The catch is!

Enemy planes might roll! The other team may take notice and fight back!! TAAADAAHH a fight, ladies and gentlemen.

Or you can do my favorite and simply tell the other team over 200 you and your group of fellas are about to go bust up a base! And talk tons of crap as you are tearing down their base. The enemies will come!

If you can't find a fight, start one!!

No comment about the after hours. I just talk crap until people start to look for me.

Just gotta figure out how to find fights. Go to basses that are flashing and look around. Ask people. Pm someone on the other team for god sakes.

I admit.. Sometimes it can be dull. I understand what you guys are saying completely. Wizz is just trying to be the bomber version of Skyyr hahahaha! No pun intended.

You can do it!! The fights are out there! Don't be afraid to up in that big red horde you pansies. Die for your countries!

Thank you and happy hunting!  :joystick:
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: April 14, 2015, 07:31:53 AM »

. . .AH2 has run it's course. . . .

That is like leading a race then a few feet from the finish celebrate your win only to be overtaken at the finish line.

As long as AH2 is game to play, attention should be given to its play to the very end.