Author Topic: The game play lately sucks!  (Read 19697 times)

Offline puller

• Gold Member
Re: The game play lately sucks!
« Reply #90 on: April 14, 2015, 08:04:46 AM »
Great!  Enjoy playing with yourselves.   (Pun.)

"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #91 on: April 14, 2015, 08:27:43 AM »
AH2 is still in production, and to keep existing player base happy, just increase the effort to bring down a HQ
A single player should not be able to do it.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: April 14, 2015, 08:41:00 AM »
AH2 is still in production, and to keep existing player base happy, just increase the effort to bring down a HQ
A single player should not be able to do it.

Whatever happen to Me-163's around the HQ? When I quit playing 4 years ago people wouldn't dare unless they had 10+ formations because 15 Me-163s would scramble... When the B-29 came into play, only those with enough buff points would laugh and bring a B-29 to 32k over HQ and swat off the Me-163s.. I always sat and waited at night waiting for some con's to try to hit HQ, usually it was some funny bunny that was in a P-51 at 32k or Spitfire.
JG 52

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: April 14, 2015, 08:42:48 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

I only pull for the Longhorns when they play a team from California.   ;)

Go Spurs!
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #94 on: April 14, 2015, 09:03:51 AM »
I don't believe game play has actually changed to any great degree. Its clear that as MA numbers come down access to combat has changed/decreased.

I am not sure that HQ attrition is manifestly increased over previous years.

Its clear that whilst there can be so many and often conflicting "routes to fun" within the game play model then as numbers decrease this conflict increases.

What is clear is that the game play model is old (nearly 20 years old!) that during the cycles of player turnover those leaving are now greater than those joining.

This (one presumes) is the core point of AH3 development............  i.e.  the reversal of such a  trend.

Of course we all have our wish lists regarding game attributes we would like to see added or changed. However what (IMO) we see, is that the overriding development ambition should be one related to increasing the MA population.

Hence regardless of whether we like or dislike the coming changes, the test is that it induces a player turnover where more people join and fewer people leave. Because then we will see access to combat increase regardless of the detailia of the game play mechanisms.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 09:05:26 AM by Tilt »
Ludere Vincere

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 14, 2015, 09:10:24 AM »
Whatever happen to Me-163's around the HQ? When I quit playing 4 years ago people wouldn't dare unless they had 10+ formations because 15 Me-163s would scramble... When the B-29 came into play, only those with enough buff points would laugh and bring a B-29 to 32k over HQ and swat off the Me-163s.. I always sat and waited at night waiting for some con's to try to hit HQ, usually it was some funny bunny that was in a P-51 at 32k or Spitfire.

First, the price had been upped to 100 perks. Which is enough to limit it's usage because contrary to some common myth the majority of players doesn't have ten thosuands of perks available.

Second, while large formations will create attention, single players can easy slip by. Especially as on several maps you will only get a HQ warning when it's too late already, even for Me 163s. On maps like Fester or SMFA the HQ base is too far away from the HQ to get there in time,

Third, it's not like a HQ raider is inbound every 5 minutes. Someone trying to sit at/near HQ for raiders to show up may have a very boring afternoon for a huge part. But with the extended downtimes, it only need one raider to bring it down for up to two hours.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 14, 2015, 09:14:34 AM »
I am not sure that HQ attrition is manifestly increased over previous years.

It has due to the significantly increased downtime. Instead of 45 mins you now can often see 100minutes and more, with more limited resupply efficiency to boot. If you add in less players available for defense and resupply (this noon, when I logged in, we were a total of 13 players in the LW arena!), the impact has been gone up a lot.
This is even more emphasized by the fact that with few players, there are harldy any batles that you can find just by going to the flashing bases.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 09:17:39 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: April 14, 2015, 11:25:07 AM »
It has due to the significantly increased downtime. Instead of 45 mins you now can often see 100minutes and more, with more limited resupply efficiency to boot. If you add in less players available for defense and resupply (this noon, when I logged in, we were a total of 13 players in the LW arena!), the impact has been gone up a lot.
This is even more emphasized by the fact that with few players, there are harldy any batles that you can find just by going to the flashing bases.

Thinking out loud....

Should down-time and resupply effectiveness be dynamic and proportional to player count?

Wab

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Rondar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #98 on: April 14, 2015, 11:50:08 AM »
A few simple clicks and maybe 3 minutes of time in arena settings would fix the problem.  My opinion is to treat it like.any other hangar @15 min downtime and triple hardness.  Or else just untie the HQ from all radar.

:old:  On second thought, if HQ is down , instead of radar down make all the armchair generals 
...,...na just a random thought
To understand true love, lock your dog and your wife in the trunk of your car for an hour and then see which one is glad to see you when you come back

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: April 14, 2015, 12:25:10 PM »
A few simple clicks and maybe 3 minutes of time in arena settings would fix the problem.  My opinion is to treat it like.any other hangar @15 min downtime and triple hardness.  Or else just untie the HQ from all radar.

:old:  On second thought, if HQ is down , instead of radar down make all the armchair generals 
...,...na just a random thought
:aok
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #100 on: April 14, 2015, 12:37:29 PM »
Thinking out loud....

Should down-time and resupply effectiveness be dynamic and proportional to player count?

Wab

No, because that would require a baseline assumption that all players are relatively equal in capability and/or teamwork.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: April 14, 2015, 12:42:14 PM »
 :)
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline CeeEff

• Zinc Member
« Reply #102 on: April 14, 2015, 04:19:42 PM »
More suggestions for improving game play due to HQ dropping:
1. Hide it. I do not believe that the Air Defence HQ in the UK during the war was all that hard of a target. It was SECRET.
    So, just take it off the map. It is still there in game, just harder to find.

2. Dispersion. The Eastern front was a huge area and must have had multiple air defence headquarters.

3. Beat the dead horse some more. Harden it (the German solution).

If the HQ is down and it is off peak time, up a Jabo aircraft, fly to a hostile base, bomb the radar tower and wait. I find that someone will usually up to see what is happening.
One who only enters into engagements that they can win is destined to mediocrity.
I will fight anybody but mediocrity is still a distant dream.
In game ID: Lazur

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #103 on: April 16, 2015, 02:35:36 AM »
More suggestions for improving game play due to HQ dropping:
1. Hide it. I do not believe that the Air Defence HQ in the UK during the war was all that hard of a target. It was SECRET.
    So, just take it off the map. It is still there in game, just harder to find.

2. Dispersion. The Eastern front was a huge area and must have had multiple air defence headquarters.

Well... if you're gonna go there, in what Unicornian lala land does knocking out an HQ disrupt an entire country defense system?  I mean, other than this one.  Blasting HQ and killing dar is set up in this "game" to support nothing other than certain types getting that thrill up their leg.  It's about muny stoopid.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #104 on: April 16, 2015, 06:08:20 AM »
I'm going to post this again so that people can learn how to create and find fights

If the dar is out, and you have a group of squadies on, go to the middle of the map and pick 110s or any other attack destroyer like 38s or 47s, and rick roll a base!

You can go NOE, high or right off a CV!

The catch is!

Enemy planes might roll! The other team may take notice and fight back!! TAAADAAHH a fight, ladies and gentlemen.

Or you can do my favorite and simply tell the other team over 200 you and your group of fellas are about to go bust up a base! And talk tons of crap as you are tearing down their base. The enemies will come!

If you can't find a fight, start one!!

No comment about the after hours. I just talk crap until people start to look for me.

Just gotta figure out how to find fights. Go to basses that are flashing and look around. Ask people. Pm someone on the other team for god sakes.

I admit.. Sometimes it can be dull. I understand what you guys are saying completely. Wizz is just trying to be the bomber version of Skyyr hahahaha! No pun intended.

You can do it!! The fights are out there! Don't be afraid to up in that big red horde you pansies. Die for your countries!

Thank you and happy hunting!  :joystick:

This is a nice idea and I believe it works - When there are enough players on.  I log on to less than 40 people in game and usually 50% in flight.  Let's presume the others are in GV's and not AKF and also presume side numbers are even.  20 people in flight divided across 3 teams........7 each.....  3 of those are in buffs doing milk runs.....good luck getting a group together to do any serious harm and provoke a fight.

And if the 3 did decide to up and try to turn the tide they would likely be met by GV's in flakkers because it is only 1 notch harder than milk running buffs and a long way from the skills required to actually take off and fight.  Or maybe they would not be met at all because the enemy dar is down and you are now just one of 5 bases flashing.

Off hours is terrible and there is little can be done to change it but the presence of dar bars to make the fights easier to find may be a step in the right direction.  For me, there is either a fight or there is not.  I ask on 200 for DA.  If no one wants to I log off.