Author Topic: The game play lately sucks!  (Read 19685 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: The game play lately sucks!
« Reply #150 on: April 20, 2015, 10:36:43 AM »
It's more than just the HQ being down.  The constant killing of HQ is just one of the symptoms of how the game play has changed.

I'm not entirely convinved HQ are being more attacked these days. What has changed is the impact of each single incident - HQ used to be down for 45minutes and was easy to resupp. HQ mostly were back up before the HQ raider (if he survived) could even get home. Now downtimes easily cross the 100 minute line.
We have much less players, which often significantly reduces the ability to resupply the HQ. It also means less battles/enemies you can find even with HQ down.

As I said before, there are gameplay mechanisms which were designed for greater player numbers and now really begin to be a burden.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Lucifer

• Probation 9/1/2017
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #151 on: April 20, 2015, 10:51:20 AM »
...We seem to lose more and more ticked off players every week and lucky us we get to keep the A holes.  :rolleyes:

And, again, they are the same complaining about low numbers !  :old:

If HTC Just authorize us to create a thread where we ll post films with those A-Holes bailing after bombing, im sure the bailing a-holes population will be divided -at least- by 10 !   :devil

" Army Of Wolves "

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #152 on: April 20, 2015, 11:17:26 AM »
If HTC Just authorize us to create a thread where we ll post films with those A-Holes bailing after bombing, im sure the bailing a-holes population will be divided -at least- by 10 !   :devil

...Why?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Lucifer

• Probation 9/1/2017
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #153 on: April 21, 2015, 08:57:13 AM »
Because no bailer likes to be sent under the light, where their name is exposed, their reputation torn to pieces and their hypocrisy exposed (when they blame game numbers on one hand, then bail undamaged after bombing or when an enemy is closing on them on other hand) ! :old:

...Why?

Wiley.

" Army Of Wolves "

Offline Oyabun

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #154 on: April 21, 2015, 10:26:26 AM »
Game play is not the issue...  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #155 on: April 21, 2015, 11:07:25 AM »
Because no bailer likes to be sent under the light, where their name is exposed, their reputation torn to pieces and their hypocrisy exposed (when they blame game numbers on one hand, then bail undamaged after bombing or when an enemy is closing on them on other hand) ! :old:

Respectfully, the ones I've seen called out publically didn't seem to care one bit.  Maybe I've missed seeing the ones that felt shame.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline shake307

• Zinc Member
« Reply #156 on: April 21, 2015, 10:04:32 PM »
I know I bomb HQ on occasion.  I do not bomb and bail.  That is deplorable.  I will die like a warrior.  I do, however, get tired of being fodder for the elite.  I see several problems with Aces High.  I will address the inaccessibility to new players and those that lack experience.  I don't say skill, because a lot of you just know how to do Aces High.  Skill is definitely involved, but I think experience plays a bigger role.  Skill makes it so you know the ways of ACM, instinctively.   Experience adds onto skill to enable the player to de ack a field, or knowing when to drop flaps and chop throttle.  That is knowing the game.  I personally fall into the skill, not experience group.  This is where the problem arises.

With the few people we have coming here from games such as War Thunder and WOWP, they have the skills to fly aircraft effectively.  But they come here and have to start all over at square one.  They don't have the experience to know what is going on in the arena.  Then to add on to that, they have to deal with a community that is less than welcoming.  You treat all newcomers as turds that don't deserve the time of day, let alone squad invites or fly alongs.  And when you finally let newb fly along, you all seem annoyed by the whole "ordeal."  I know I will be called a whiner, but I have been playing this game off and on for almost 5 years ish now.  I can say the community has gone down, as well as the numbers. 

I love this game.  I enjoy what little time I can commit to it.  But seeing threads such as this one makes me deeply saddened.  All I see is finger pointing and assigning blame to others.  I know I do my part to make the game a better place.  I don't bomb and bail.  I don't run from an advantage.  I may run when I lose advantage.  I try to fly in a way that helps the team.  But I am just one player.  And not too terribly great, either.  But I do what I can to keep this great thing going.   I fear some of you have lost that passion.  I play because I love this.  I don't care what I do.  Bomber, fighter, re supply, tanks, it doesn't matter.  I love engaging in combat with all the people on here.  I love being a part of something.  But I hate the elitism and those that are unable to change themselves to adapt.  HQ down, figure out a new way to find a fight.  Up a bomber and take a field.  Do something besides getting on the forum and complaining about it.  Instead, get on the forum and tell all of us what you did to mitigate the situation.  That would be much more helpful.

TLDR, Quit complaining and get to flying.  Take everyone you can with you.  You need it and Aces High needs it. 

My in game name is shake307.  Hope to see you up there. :salute
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 10:13:49 PM by shake307 »
Respect is granted, not demanded.

Let's get drunk and fly!

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #157 on: April 21, 2015, 10:27:28 PM »
I know I bomb HQ on occasion.  I do not bomb and bail.  That is deplorable.  I will die like a warrior.  I do, however, get tired of being fodder for the elite.  I see several problems with Aces High.  I will address the inaccessibility to new players and those that lack experience.  I don't say skill, because a lot of you just know how to do Aces High.  Skill is definitely involved, but I think experience plays a bigger role.  Skill makes it so you know the ways of ACM, instinctively.   Experience adds onto skill to enable the player to de ack a field, or knowing when to drop flaps and chop throttle.  That is knowing the game.  I personally fall into the skill, not experience group.  This is where the problem arises.

With the few people we have coming here from games such as War Thunder and WOWP, they have the skills to fly aircraft effectively.  But they come here and have to start all over at square one.  They don't have the experience to know what is going on in the arena.  Then to add on to that, they have to deal with a community that is less than welcoming.  You treat all newcomers as turds that don't deserve the time of day, let alone squad invites or fly alongs.  And when you finally let newb fly along, you all seem annoyed by the whole "ordeal."  I know I will be called a whiner, but I have been playing this game off and on for almost 5 years ish now.  I can say the community has gone down, as well as the numbers. 

I love this game.  I enjoy what little time I can commit to it.  But seeing threads such as this one make deeply saddened.  All I see is finger pointing and assigning blame to others.  I know I do my part to make the game a better place.  I don't bomb and bail.  I don't run from an advantage.  I may run when I lose advantage.  I try to fly in a way that helps the team.  But I am just one player.  And not to terribly great, either.  But I do what I can to keep this great thing going.    I fear some of you have lost that passion.  I play because I love this.  I don't care what I do.  Bomber, fighter, re supply, tanks, it doesn't matter. I love engaging in combat with all the people on here. I love being a part of something.  But I hate the elitism and those that are unable to change themselves to adapt.  HQ down, figure out a new way to find a fight.  Up a bomber and take a field.  Do something besides getting on the forum and complaining about it.  Instead, get on the forum and tell all of us what you did to mitigate the situation.  That would be much more helpful.

TLDR, Quit complaining and get to flying.  Take everyone you can with you.  You need it and Aces High needs it. 

My in game name is shake307.  Hope to see you up there. :salute

:aok :aok

i think i agree with everyhting you said.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 10:37:25 PM by kvuo75 »
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #158 on: April 22, 2015, 02:06:43 AM »
Fly and have fun and don't be a dick...Aces High only rule
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #159 on: April 22, 2015, 02:30:33 AM »
Fly and have fun and don't be a dick...Aces High only rule

I consider porking hq and milkrunning as being a dick.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #160 on: April 22, 2015, 05:41:23 AM »

A "hall of shame" with links to films might suffice.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 22, 2015, 06:41:25 AM »
Speaking of gameplay, this was the LW when I logged in a few minutes ago:

And guess which county was under attack exclusively?

Yes, the rooks. Bish and Knights are both hurrying to grab rook bases while there's no one there to defend them. Big WTG's are given after a base gets captured that way.
The same thing that long ago happened to EW and later to MW as well, and didn't exactly help both arenas...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 06:43:56 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #162 on: April 22, 2015, 07:32:14 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Yes, the rooks. Bish and Knights are both hurrying to grab rook bases while there's no one there to defend them. Big WTG's are given after a base gets captured that way.
The same thing that long ago happened to EW and later to MW as well, and didn't exactly help both arenas...

I logged on and then off again pretty quick 2.5 hours before your post.  At that time there were 28 in game and 3 on the Rooks.  Bores the f*&k out of me.

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #163 on: April 22, 2015, 07:35:40 AM »
oh - I think I need to make a point here - before all the 'what a great opportunity for a fight' guys hop in.

In these times with so few on, it simply does not work that way.  As soon as a fight develops they simply go to another base.   28 people and 600 bases - you get it I am sure?

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #164 on: April 22, 2015, 08:05:22 AM »

Didnt you hear the man?
Quit complaining and get to flying.  Take everyone you can with you.  You need it and Aces High needs it.
   :rofl

(Image removed from quote.)

"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"