Author Topic: The game play lately sucks!  (Read 19691 times)

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
Re: The game play lately sucks!
« Reply #165 on: April 22, 2015, 01:22:57 PM »
I logged on and then off again pretty quick 2.5 hours before your post.  At that time there were 28 in game and 3 on the Rooks.  Bores the f*&k out of me.

So in theory we could have a situation where tens if not hundreds of players log in only to log out again because the numbers are low. The irony.
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 22, 2015, 01:24:04 PM »
So in theory we could have a situation where tens if not hundreds of players log in only to log out again because the numbers are low. The irony.

But in practice it ain't that way ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #167 on: April 22, 2015, 01:28:15 PM »
Exactly.  Why all the moaning?

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #168 on: April 22, 2015, 02:11:14 PM »
Exactly.  Why all the moaning?

Your point? The moaning is about a few dweebs doing irritating stuff that makes people log off in disgust. That then leads to having low numbers and people logging due to that. Then when people log off enough times, they cancel subscription. Big problem.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline M1A1

• Copper Member
« Reply #169 on: April 23, 2015, 05:58:50 AM »
HQ being down all the time does suck but what can ya do. HTC isn't gonna change or fix it so you can either suck it up and drive on or quit simple as that. If you wanna fix things I can say that some folks made some good points and the main one is that this community has gotten an elitist attitude beyond what I see in other games for sure. It used to be that very few new folks were lone wolves for long. They found a squad themselves or were snatched up quick to fill the ranks. Now I log on and see quite a few new guys just flying and dying.
 200 is just a mess as it has always been with most of the crap talk beyond belief. It is something I think never added one lick to the game nor does it lend itself to making things any better for new folks. This game has always relied heavily upon self promotion through it's player base. It seems folks have gotten lazy about it. I think the best way to combat the lousy game play is through numbers. The more folks you have on the less troublesome the problems would be. It is a MMO so it was never designed to be played by just a handful of folks it was designed to be played by large numbers and the problems you see now would not exist or be severely limited in scope. All I can say is we can sit and complain or at the very least try and mitigate the problem within the limits of our abilities and to me that is recruitment into the game and nurturing folks who are new so that they stay...

Offline shake307

• Zinc Member
« Reply #170 on: April 23, 2015, 12:45:46 PM »
Thanks M1A1.  He brings up some good points.  Truth be told, I fly at the worst times.   The wee hours of the morning.  Probably be there tonight.  ENY punishes me.  But do I care?  Not really.  I am just happy for the fact that I get to engage in WW2 aerial combat.  Doesn't matter what I fly.  I actually love the C205  :eek:.  The point I am trying to make is that I am fairly new.  I would love to get on and fly with all of you.  A few nights ago, I took part in an i-16 raid with the 49th.  It was awesome.  I don't play as often as I should.  I feel guilty about that.  But maybe I can change myself to better accommodate time.  And finally, this thread needs to die.  It is doing nothing for us. 
Respect is granted, not demanded.

Let's get drunk and fly!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #171 on: April 23, 2015, 03:54:36 PM »
HQ being down all the time does suck but what can ya do. HTC isn't gonna change or fix it so you can either suck it up and drive on or quit simple as that. If you wanna fix things I can say that some folks made some good points and the main one is that this community has gotten an elitist attitude beyond what I see in other games for sure. It used to be that very few new folks were lone wolves for long. They found a squad themselves or were snatched up quick to fill the ranks. Now I log on and see quite a few new guys just flying and dying.
 200 is just a mess as it has always been with most of the crap talk beyond belief. It is something I think never added one lick to the game nor does it lend itself to making things any better for new folks. This game has always relied heavily upon self promotion through it's player base. It seems folks have gotten lazy about it. I think the best way to combat the lousy game play is through numbers. The more folks you have on the less troublesome the problems would be. It is a MMO so it was never designed to be played by just a handful of folks it was designed to be played by large numbers and the problems you see now would not exist or be severely limited in scope. All I can say is we can sit and complain or at the very least try and mitigate the problem within the limits of our abilities and to me that is recruitment into the game and nurturing folks who are new so that they stay...

....and thats what is happening. Slowly more and more players have decided they have had enough and just quit. If there was a big advertizing campaign going on and we had people join up just as fast it wouldn't be an issue. However the numbers continue to drop. There is a certain number of players that MUST be in the arena to generate "fun". To little and you can't find the fights, too many and it becomes a cesspool (the reason for the arena split years ago). During Euro prime time it is falling below that magic number these days.

If things are pointed out as the reason why players are leaving (players stating on the boards that they have had enough due to this issue and are canceling their subscription), wouldn't it be a good thing to look into this?

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #172 on: April 23, 2015, 04:12:03 PM »
If your one of those that say suck it up...or quit...your borderline retarded.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #173 on: April 23, 2015, 06:09:50 PM »
   Some of these replies really irritate me.

We need to support the game ?   To me.. that is exactly what threads like this are !  The PLAYERS see something grossly wrong and request that it be fixed for the good of the game, but they are ignored ! 

There is always going to be some kind of complaint. But when the majority has been complaining about one specific issue for SOOOO LONG.. it deserves to be looked into.

And the kick in the arse is, it's such an EASY fix. a simple tweak in the Arena settings.. and viola ! FIXED, over and done with !

#1  FIX THE HQ ISSUE  just harden it so it takes at least 3 sets of Lancs to drop it.
         #2  ELIMINATE CHANNEL 200 it does nothing for the game other than create drama and bad blood. There is no reason opposing sides need real time coms.
         #3  BAN RUAML  that's just a given  :D
The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline Glasher 1st

• Zinc Member
« Reply #174 on: April 23, 2015, 06:40:16 PM »
I've truly enjoyed this game for nearly a decade. So much so that I formed a Squad and even had a Squad Page. Over the years there were even many scores of players that learned their bombing skills through the training I offered (both piston and turbine). I say this only to convey the investment of time, effort and heart put into this fun and well thought out game. probably less than a many of you, but more than a lot of others.

When I first found out about AH I didn't even have a computer, I watched the commercials. That was enough, I knew I would be playing it when I got my computer. In fact I purchased my system sooner because of the AH commercials. One thing I remember of the time when I was a nube here was there were between 6 & 7k Subscribers and more than 600 Squads. At times one couldn't just login to the main arena as easily as one wished being that there was room for only 600 players, eventually ushering in the era of the multiple arenas including dual LWAs. 

Being in a medical situation that keeps me home 24/7, I found myself logging in from 10 to 20 hours at a stretch. Ya, I was hooked. And for nearly 10 years I've watched a lot of changes occur, some good and some not so good. But nothing so bad that players in the community couldn't come together, petition and get change. Unfortunately, over the last several years, the one change HTC made that no amount of players can do anything about is when HTC began to rest on their laurels and slow the commercials  to a stop. No problem, subscribership remained steady! For the time being. Even with Subscribers bringing in new players total numbers began to drop. As subscribership dropped, small issues became larger issues while the needle on the fun meter began to fall for many. Myself included.

So what do I think the problem that has impacted the game more than any other? HTC putting the weight of new subscribership on the shoulders of existing players. Threatening to leave? No. I already have. I will, though, continue to pop in now and then to see what you fine people are saying. What HTC's real longterm intentions are is what's the most puzzling to me. It's appears like they've invested all the big money they intend to and are just coasting to the end. So I don't think it's the game play or the Players. Only time will tell. <(S)> and Good Hunting
A gun in the hands of a free man frightens and angers the Autocrat, not because he fears the power of the gun, but rather the spirit of the man who holds it.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #175 on: April 23, 2015, 06:40:50 PM »
#2  ELIMINATE CHANNEL 200 it does nothing for the game other than create drama and bad blood. There is no reason opposing sides need real time

There is no reason to eliminate Channel 200, if you don't like the channel don't tune to it.  That's why the global chat channel was moved to Channel 200, so those that want to take part in the open chat can tune to the channel.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #176 on: April 23, 2015, 06:46:09 PM »
There is no reason to eliminate Channel 200, if you don't like the channel don't tune to it.  That's why the global chat channel was moved to Channel 200, so those that want to take part in the open chat can tune to the channel.

Agreed
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #177 on: April 23, 2015, 06:50:34 PM »

frankly I could care less about the mindless chest thumping on 200. but you cant deny it is a negative influence on the game.
The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #178 on: April 23, 2015, 07:03:45 PM »
   frankly I could care less about the mindless chest thumping on 200. but you cant deny it is a negative influence on the game.

:rofl

how can something that you can easily turn off be a detriment to the game?

with all due respect......
I would say you are mistaken...

the old game play....the old Graphics.....the FTP games that are out..... are far more detrimental to the game then channel 200....

combine insanely awesome graphics with Free to Play....

I would bet money no one ever left AH over 200

(on second thought.... I may lose because I wouldn't be surprised in this modern world someone would get offended at something they are not REQUIRED to partake in)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #179 on: April 23, 2015, 10:24:28 PM »
Most of those mindless chess thumpers would smack you around in game....so are they truly mindless? :devil
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"