Author Topic: Duxford Flying Legends  (Read 495 times)

Offline LLv34_Dictonius

• Gold Member
Duxford Flying Legends
« on: March 17, 2015, 12:44:46 AM »
Hello friends!

Have to ask if any of you guys are going to the legendary Flying Legends Air Show 11th & 12th of July 2015 at Duxford this year.

I was planning to and have already made some reservations on hotels and such. Would be great to meet some AH flyers while in the UK or on the field. Planning to visit the RAF Museum at London as well - shout if you live nearby and want to grab a pint or two.

Batfink I haven't forgotten my promise - only I'm year late. Hope you can spare some time! :)

Current handle: Tikto
Member of the big finnish squadron Vaasan Vaakalentäjät

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: Duxford Flying Legends
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 03:48:59 AM »
Hey Tikto,

Flying Legends is probably the best WW2 flying display in Europe for the amount and variety of warbirds.

Our squad normally attend every year and have done since 2008 however this year I am unable to make it due to our first child being expected then.  Some of the others may still go but will know nearer the time.   

:salute
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline amp

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 06:00:16 AM »
Hey Tikto,

Flying Legends is probably the best WW2 flying display in Europe for the amount and variety of warbirds.

Our squad normally attend every year and have done since 2008 however this year I am unable to make it due to our first child being expected then.  Some of the others may still go but will know nearer the time.   

Congratulations. :aok

Offline LLv34_Dictonius

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 09:03:01 AM »
Hey Tikto,

Indeed congraz!!! :)

And yes, would be great to meet a bunch of ya! :salute

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 09:51:14 AM »
Well congrats on the Baby. I suspect Midway will be jealous.

Chuikov

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2015, 02:20:32 AM »
Congrats broski
May your world open up and be wonderful
Only worry is your youngun going to the Muppets
Kids love to rebel..!!
Enjoy it Bruv
many congratulations
jimmy
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2015, 11:15:34 AM »
Hey Tikto,

Lol, we all know u are sitting in your mothers basement flying around  :joystick: w hacks provided by Hitech  :noid

Kidding, Congratz to the kid.  :cheers:
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline LLv34_Dictonius

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 04:40:01 AM »
Already agreed to meet up with Batfink at Dux that weekend. Bumping this thread up so more ppl coming there might join up for the duration of at least one pint - would really like to meet up.

Btw. any ole EAW vets still around, especially the boys from 123uk (Baldeagle, Tosh, Klaw etc etc.) would be nice to see ya.

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 02:02:15 PM »

Our squad normally attend every year and have done since 2008 however this year I am unable to make it due to our first child being expected then.

Congrats Bruv!......unfortunately that will be the end of your internet time for the next few years...... :old:
Gnat

Offline LLv34_Dictonius

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2015, 08:35:56 PM »
Already agreed to meet up with Batfink at Dux that weekend. Bumping this thread up so more ppl coming there might join up for the duration of at least one pint - would really like to meet up.

Btw. any ole EAW vets still around, especially the boys from 123uk (Baldeagle, Tosh, Klaw etc etc.) would be nice to see ya.

Correction: There was no Baldeagle, that is only our modern friend here. The 123uk_BalDaddy was what I looked for but in a haste misspelled.