Author Topic: Cut out Chann 200  (Read 1770 times)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
Re: Cut out Chann 200
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2015, 01:55:23 AM »
In my opinion, most crew are aware of the content and manner of 200. If you don’t like it don’t tune it.

I would like channel 300 where there is no moderation at all. Now that would be something to behold.
i love this idea
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2015, 02:43:01 AM »
200 rocks..peeps turn themselves over as dweebs by trying to be super cool
It's fun to watch
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2015, 07:24:13 AM »
Channel 200 is great for misdirection.

It's fun to fly a fighter at 35k over enemy hq, and then type ",salvo 14" and wait for the 163s that usually make one pass and run away because the bomber they expected was a fighter.

If your choice of fighter can dive fast enough, you get the opportunity to get the 163 before he lands.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2015, 09:36:37 AM »
I like channel 200 because if I can't find a fight on the map, I'll tell everyone on the map which base I'm going to crush and how much destruction I'll do to their base. This some times causes ppeople to up and go after me, there by starting a fight. Works like a charm on some occassions.  :devil

Most of the stuff I don't even read because I'm too busy shooting people down so 200 really is no biggie. Just detune if you can't handle it.  :airplane: :joystick:
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2015, 09:43:47 AM »
I also think there should be a bigger presence of MODs in the arena with a bigger stick.

MOD's suck far worse than anything that could ever be said on 200.  It amazes me, given the number of channels and available tools to shut people up that MODs are even considered.   Sure some folks DESERVE to be muted, but it should be left up to the community (as in the case of .report), but having some virtual nanny exerting his or her subjective opinion in the form of warning/muting is beyond annoying and totally ridiculous. 
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2015, 09:46:18 AM »
In my opinion, most crew are aware of the content and manner of 200. If you don’t like it don’t tune it.

I would like channel 300 where there is no moderation at all. Now that would be something to behold.

We should call it "Channel X"
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2015, 09:52:35 AM »
Channel 200 is great for misdirection.

It's fun to fly a fighter at 35k over enemy hq, and then type ",salvo 14" and wait for the 163s that usually make one pass and run away because the bomber they expected was a fighter.

If your choice of fighter can dive fast enough, you get the opportunity to get the 163 before he lands.

:rofl :rofl Sneaky lil bugger aren't ya?  :D
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2015, 10:00:13 AM »
Squelch the griefers and have fun, that's what I do.  It doesn't take but a few .squelch's to make it a fun bar to hang out in.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2015, 10:43:36 AM »
MOD's suck far worse than anything that could ever be said on 200.  It amazes me, given the number of channels and available tools to shut people up that MODs are even considered.   Sure some folks DESERVE to be muted, but it should be left up to the community (as in the case of .report), but having some virtual nanny exerting his or her subjective opinion in the form of warning/muting is beyond annoying and totally ridiculous.

I'd bet there are less people who know about the .report than there are that know how to squelch people. Again we are talking about newbie here.

There are clear rules and if with a good set of MODs, if you violate them your either muted or booted. Control those that can't seem to control themselves and make the environment and better place to hang out and we will lose less people. 

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2015, 11:02:59 AM »
I've started moving the whole chat screen off the monitor when in the small mode, then I just click to bring it up full screen, it really improves my Fun factor!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2015, 01:42:16 PM »
There are clear rules and if with a good set of MODs.

Indeed, I agree.  However, I have never, ~ever~ seen that combination actually happen consistently.  HTC might fare better if they added a disclaimer to the subscription process "If you tune to channel 200, you might get your wittle feewings hurted".
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2015, 03:04:49 PM »
There are clear rules and if with a good set of MODs, if you violate them your either muted or booted. Control those that can't seem to control themselves and make the environment and better place to hang out and we will lose less people.

:aok  :salute
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2015, 03:51:22 PM »
Indeed, I agree.  However, I have never, ~ever~ seen that combination actually happen consistently.  HTC might fare better if they added a disclaimer to the subscription process "If you tune to channel 200, you might get your wittle feewings hurted".

That is an open season lawsuit sign.

Once you tell someone not to open a door or you will get hurt. They open the door, get hurt, and call a lawyer. It is an admission you knew you had a "Hungry Tiger" behind the door before you put up the sign. The way around it is not to put up a sign and have moderators along with .squelch and .report for all game communication venues.

Then if things were to ever get really out in left field with a customer.

You did have mechanisms in place for the easily offended, and you can agree to shut down the undocumented ch200 and hire more moderators. Then point to the long standing shut down of ch1 because of the epidemic of players uncontrollable breeding of tigers behind that door.

You just make sure your moderators stomp on any conversations about "politics or religion equally" on all known channels. And the rest is just pop culture social smut with a long Internet history of tolerance towards it. In the end, ch200 is forced by this into sounding like an 8th grade boys locker room. A Catch-22 but, this is at heart a boys game of all mental ages.

Oh lawsy your honor, my client didn't know his customers snuk a hungry tiger in behind "That Door". My client strictly disallows hungry tigers behind "ALL" of his doors. And provides the best tools for customers to report hungry tiger sightings. And he has hungry tiger "Moderators" at all doors for the off chance a stray hungry tiger ever snuk behind one of his doors and his customers "wanted to report it".

Your honor let me refer you to William Jefferson Clinton's assertion of "It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is."
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2015, 04:16:55 PM »

Agreed, but then again we are only getting the stories second hand by the drama queens that feel the whole world is out to get them.

I think what is happening is that HTC has given the MODs guidelines. These guidelines are on the lite side meaning that HTC wants the "kids to play". So while it seems like some people get away with things, those are maybe let slide as a bending of the rule because they don't push it. On the other hand some people get hammered a bit and some of the is due to repeat offenses and reputation.

I can get off with a warning in my local area for speeding as my last stop/ticket was over 20 years ago, but if someone else who has had a number of tickets, or other issues with the law does the same thing they are more than likely to at least get a ticket.

Unfortunately right now there seems to be a lot of monkey see monkey do and many more people are pushing the limits and the MODs are not acting, giving them the benefit of the doubt. That combined with the lack of full time coverage in the arenas it's easy to see how things can get out of hand.

Having 200 is a benefit to the community as you make more friends, chat and hang out with everyone not just a single team and generally adds to the fun with the antic you get, but when it goes over the line and pushes players away then something has to be done.

Lets say you go to a bar night after night and have a good time. Soon a group of obnoxious people start coming in and are loud, bullying everyone and just plain being annoying. How long would you continue to go to that bar? Would you think the bar owner would like a bunch of people that keep coming back and having fun, or a a group of loud mouths who chased away the bigger crowd who was having fun? I know which group Id like to keep in my place  :aok   

Offline Pawz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2015, 04:57:49 PM »
Can someone tell me why someone would complain about 200 that never tunes to it? :headscratch:
When I die bury me in a P38.

I watch day after day, week after week, tour after tour, the Bishops and Rooks take bases and win maps while the Knights stand there with their thumbs stuck in their butts. It's just pathetic!