Author Topic: Audi unveils a synthetic E-diesel ,made from water and CO2  (Read 514 times)

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
Re: Audi unveils a synthetic E-diesel ,made from water and CO2
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2015, 08:28:50 PM »
Anything going in this direction is a good thing hopefully it will be a great thing...
yep , and this seems to work like the CO2 /O2  natural cycle between plants and animals,  but I believe the future is electric. All kind of technologies  are popping on the market;
   Tesla is about to launch a  battery for homes tomorrow, April 30th.I was listening on Bloomberg today, the utilities stocks holders are nervous;  Same lithium ion technology  they use in cars,

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/04/29/tesla-is-set-to-announce-a-home-battery-tomorrow-ars-will-be-there/

"the system is offered, currently, in 10 and 15 kwh configurations to solar customers who do not own electric vehicles or plug-in hybrids; the battery pack costs about $13,000, and Pacific Gas & Electric offers a 50% rebate for using the system (presumably because it can be used to decrease load on the grid during peak use hours); financing is set up for the customer to make an initial $1,500 payment, followed by $15 monthly payments for 10 years (at the end of which the battery is returned to SolarCity);
more here;
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/apr/25/tesla-battery-home-elon-musk

This lithium ion batteris are getting better and better; i got a Samsung note 4  after 2 year on Droid Razor, cant compare the baterries; same with a  Dyson dc34 cordless vacuum cleaner, love it for my truck, and ....
this is the most impressive battery powered tool I purchased  ,crazy powerful nut buster, more torque than 5 times larger air powered tools; :rock

I can remove semi truck lugnuts with juicy 18V lithium ion powered impact wrench; :banana: :rock

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
Re: Audi unveils a synthetic E-diesel ,made from water and CO2
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2015, 08:34:29 PM »
Those "renewable resources" include a bunch of electricity.