Author Topic: Text or Radio buffer  (Read 717 times)

Offline 10thmd

• Silver Member
Text or Radio buffer
« on: May 04, 2015, 09:44:21 PM »
I used to be able to switch between 2sizes of the text buffer using the tilde key. Now it just opens and closes the buffer. Is there a way to switch it back?
- Der Wander Zirkus -
“You can all go to hell; I will go to Texas

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Text or Radio buffer
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 10:09:52 PM »
Sounds like you may have scaled town one of the sizes by accident or moved it off screen. If you try looking around you may find it lurking in a corner. If not I think there is a file in the settings folder that you can replace to get it back to normal. If you need the file, I can give you mine, but I have no idea what it's called.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 04:20:58 AM »
You can alter the size of both size buffers with your mouse. Point your mouse on the edge of the buffer and when it changes to a two-point arrow simply left-click and drag. Works for both height and width.

You can also change the location of the buffer by left-clicking in the upper area of the buffer (somewhere equivalent to the Title bar in Windows) and dragging to a desired location.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 06:58:31 AM »
I have had this happen.  Never been able to duplicate it though.

What has happened is the game sees the small version of the text window as the large version.  So when you press the tilde key it never changes size.

Just go into the game, manually resize the text window, then use the tilde key.  That should bring things back to normal.

If you can figure out a way to reproduce it, let me know.  Hard to fix something we cannot reproduce.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 10:48:28 AM »

What has happened is the game sees the small version of the text window as the large version.  So when you press the tilde key it never changes size.

Just go into the game, manually resize the text window, then use the tilde key.  That should bring things back to normal.

If you can figure out a way to reproduce it, let me know.  Hard to fix something we cannot reproduce.

It's happened to me several times, almost always when alt+tabbing. I'll see if I can find what triggers it.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline 10thmd

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 12:59:30 PM »
Skuzzy I was switching back and forth from using 3 monitors to using just one. I also moved the text buffer onto one of the side monitors during this process.I have tried resizing then using the tilde key and it still just turns it off and on. I also no longer have all 3 monitors as I gave one to a friend for his PC build.  Would you happen to know the file in settings that store the info for the text buffer. Deleting it might fix it.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 01:01:48 PM by 10thmd »
- Der Wander Zirkus -

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2015, 01:52:34 PM »
It's the c:\Hitech Creations\Aces High\Settings\filters.cfg file. You can open it with Notepad. See that the first number in the lines ending with SMALLRECT and LARGERECT is positive. 1 is fine, it will align it nicely in the left. The last number on the same lines should be the same as your monitor's height, probably 1080, at the maximum. That will set the bottom. The meaning of the numbers is: Pixels from left, pixels from up, pixels from right and pixels from bottom.

1,900,1000,1080,SMALLRECT
1,32,1000,1080,LARGERECT

should probably work on a standard HD monitor. The sizes can then be changed with the mouse if desired.
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline 10thmd

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2015, 01:55:45 PM »
Thank you I will try that when I get home.
- Der Wander Zirkus -

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2015, 06:14:36 PM »

Skuzzy this happens to me at every map change when the war is won. When the war is won when I am logged on [only happens logged on]  I just quit to the arena choice menu to wait  the 4 min out, then log back in and re size the window again, hope this helps.

Offline 10thmd

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2015, 09:09:53 PM »
It's the c:\Hitech Creations\Aces High\Settings\filters.cfg file. You can open it with Notepad. See that the first number in the lines ending with SMALLRECT and LARGERECT is positive. 1 is fine, it will align it nicely in the left. The last number on the same lines should be the same as your monitor's height, probably 1080, at the maximum. That will set the bottom. The meaning of the numbers is: Pixels from left, pixels from up, pixels from right and pixels from bottom.

1,900,1000,1080,SMALLRECT
1,32,1000,1080,LARGERECT

should probably work on a standard HD monitor. The sizes can then be changed with the mouse if desired.

This did solve the problem. The value for the large box was set to where it would appear on one of the spaces used in the triple monitor setup.
- Der Wander Zirkus -

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2015, 04:22:26 AM »
Good to hear you got your problem solved.  :salute

Kotisivuni