Author Topic: VE day in Russia  (Read 5895 times)

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
Re: VE day in Russia
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2015, 11:07:32 PM »
Why would I answer to that? I'm not Finnish.

Your defense of Soviet atrocities is shameful. The Holodomor was the most effective mass extermination of people ever. Even the Nazi Holocaust can't compare in cruelty (and that's saying something).

No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2015, 11:23:34 PM »

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2015, 11:38:01 PM »
*sigh*

Can we pull our collective heads in and stay on topic please?

The atrocities of the various baddies have little to do with the sacrifice of the various unknown soldiers, of whom there are too many.

I'm off to watch parade highlights.
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2015, 01:50:20 AM »
Sadly its about 30 million, Stalin killed about 3 million. I challenge you to prove that figure you provided. Soviets killed 3 million Nazis, all other allies combined killed less than half of million. We saved Europe  twice, from Napoleon and Hitler. You welcome dushebags. Besides Soviets only two nations deserve praise ,Britain and USA. WTF Nazi's prostitute  (france) was doing in Berlin as victor is beyond me.

You didn't save anything. You put several sovereign countries under iron curtain and untold amounts of suffering. There's a reason why ex-soviet union countries hate russia with passion.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2015, 03:13:37 AM »
The West did not put anything under Russian control!

The Russians took it!

How the hell was the West going to stop Hungary being Communist?

Why would the West fight the Russians to defend hungary a Nazi allies

Name one thing these countries have done except complain about everyoe else?

Britain had the Industrial revolution and Latvia had turnips!

« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 03:16:39 AM by zack1234 »
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2015, 03:03:55 PM »
The West did not put anything under Russian control!

The Russians took it!

How the hell was the West going to stop Hungary being Communist?

Why would the West fight the Russians to defend hungary a Nazi allies

Name one thing these countries have done except complain about everyoe else?

Britain had the Industrial revolution and Latvia had turnips!

One word for you zack: shrink. Now.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2015, 04:24:48 PM »
Turnips and cabbage :old:

The GFC

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2015, 05:07:19 PM »
Wait, this guy Zack is too big?
Pies not kicks.

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2015, 05:16:57 PM »
Wait, this guy Zack is too big?

He's Ugandan, you see.
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline Perrine

• Nickel Member
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2015, 12:23:28 AM »
The Holodomor was the most effective mass extermination of people ever. Even the Nazi Holocaust can't compare in cruelty (and that's saying something).

Mainstream history books usually point that as gross mismanagement and not Holocaust.  Holomodor is right up there with the Great Leap Forward in terms of bad economic management.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 12:33:52 AM by Perrine »

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2015, 01:09:30 AM »
"Holodomor" is Ukrainian for "extermination by hunger", and most scholars today agree it was a deliberate attempt to destroy the Ukrainian independence movement. You see, at the time the Ukraine SSR was trying to secede from the Union, again.

After the revolution in Russia Ukraine declared their country to be an independent People's Republic. As a result, four years of war followed in which Ukrainian national troops fought against Lenin's Red Army, and also against Russia's White Army (troops still loyal to the Czar) as well as other invading forces including the Germans and Poles. In 1921, the war ended with a Soviet victory.

Stalin wouldn't have any of that again. As 25,000 Ukrainians died of hunger each day the Soviet Union exported the grain it had confiscated from them. 1,819,114 tons in 1932, and 1,771,364 tons in 1933. Grain that was not yet shipped out was stored in granaries. While the animals that were needed for work on the farms were fed, the people were left to starve. The granaries were guarded by the OGPU and NKVD (what later became the KGB) to ensure no one would steal grain supplies. Anyone who attempted to do so was shot.

The 2008 documentary The Soviet Story should be seen by everyone. It should be in every school curriculum everywhere and serve as a warning to every future generation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPkTro6WnmU

« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 01:24:55 AM by PR3D4TOR »

Offline LLv34_Dictonius

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2015, 02:31:28 AM »
... your discrimination of Russian sitizens in Finland is well known. You willl answer for that, and by God you will pay dearly.

Finland is democracy and we consider russian tourists part of our economy. We do not piss on our cereals, you know. If your media gives differing opinion, it might be happening on purpose I can not understand. I can not deny there wouldn't be some old hatchets still buried on our backyards. Old grudges die hard. But then again russians tried to attempt to occupy us, you know. But what I can not understand is your threat of making us pay for offering russian citizens western commodities and the atmosphere of freedom not currently available in Russia (that is, until the political situation eases up a bit). But thats politics. Lets not go there.

It's like one of the russian veterans said on the VE day: I hope peace and diplomacy gets us in to the future not the weapons of war. I agree with him - dearly.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 02:34:36 AM by LLv34_Dictonius »
Current handle: Tikto
Member of the big finnish squadron Vaasan Vaakalentäjät

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2015, 03:51:21 AM »
Finland is democracy and we consider russian tourists part of our economy. We do not piss on our cereals, you know. If your media gives differing opinion, it might be happening on purpose I can not understand. I can not deny there wouldn't be some old hatchets still buried on our backyards. Old grudges die hard. But then again russians tried to attempt to occupy us, you know. But what I can not understand is your threat of making us pay for offering russian citizens western commodities and the atmosphere of freedom not currently available in Russia (that is, until the political situation eases up a bit). But thats politics. Lets not go there.

It's like one of the russian veterans said on the VE day: I hope peace and diplomacy gets us in to the future not the weapons of war. I agree with him - dearly.

KGB listens to the propaganda in Russia, he is not interested in the truth.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2015, 05:25:57 AM »
The Ukrainans after the fall of the Soviet Union demanded that they wanted independance from the Russia sphere.

The main consumer of Ukrainian wheat.....you guessed it Russia :rofl

The Russians now buy US wheat :rofl

Turnips and cabbages :rofl

you could not make it up :rofl

The GFC

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2015, 06:09:39 AM »
Soviets imported grain from America during most of the cold war. The inefficiency of the communist system is mind boggling.

Btw. Seems like Russia has designs on the Ukraine yet again. Will we let them do it again?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 09:09:50 AM by PR3D4TOR »