Author Topic: Old F@RTS  (Read 8293 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
Re: Old F@RTS
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2015, 05:54:05 PM »
you managed a company like aces high?  didnt know.  which game, I would love to support a friend.  please do send a link.

semp

That's why you're so funny Semp because you don't "get it" in such a fun, innocently argumentative way and yet stay balanced between idiocy and pretend genius

Businesses are businesses.  They don't have IT Business school or Gaming Company Business School or Coal Mining Business school.  They simply have Business School.  Know why?  I bet you're smiling right now you happy little crayon-eating cerebral giant.

It's all about the business model and its design for profit generation.  Gaming is no different than any other company regarding a profit driven model.  Understand the model and you can run the division or company. 

No company can save its way to prosperity.  Constant reinvestment is required.  Biz 101.  Does that apply here?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 05:59:49 PM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2015, 05:54:27 PM »
you managed a company like aces high?  didnt know.  which game, I would love to support a friend.  please do send a link.

semp

Here ya go

http://www.calculatorcat.com/games/tic_tac_toe.phtml
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2015, 06:33:47 PM »
I like new ideas when they are not change for the sake of change.

Change for change's sake is a hallmark of youth, instant gratification, immaturity, and narcissism. When those fail, which is much of the time, the Li'll booger who wanted it, always seems to escape from having to face the music and clean up the failed change. Then some old fert gets stuck with some kid's unnecessary mess.

If you get forced to study 6-sigma, Hosin Process, or one of those schools of time and efficiency popular with large corporations. One of the names for those Li'll boogers is "fire starters". After BofA went 6-sigma, they implemented a team to identify "fire starters" then quietly "helped" them to look elsewhere for employment. Turned out being a "fire starter" was not specifically age dependent. Just more prevalent with younger people. Another kind of "fire starter" is a manager looking to make a name or move in the company not part of his job description. To make the change they essential cause havoc with the department under their care impacting revenue.

Guess then you weigh the cost benefits of more training and disciplinary actions, versus your quarterly numbers on wall street after laying off employees identified as "fire starters". BofA always looked good laying off employees to wall street.   
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2015, 07:01:25 PM »
I'm still waiting for an answer.

Hmmmmmmm, gee I must be too old for AH, I just remembered that I added you to my BBS Ignore List.
That means I never get to see your answer.

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Another sign of an old f@rt is that alot of the time....they just don't really understand whats going on.......and then add :rofl :rofl :rofl after their defensive statements to give the impression they have pulled one over... :old:
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 07:03:57 PM by Canspec »

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2015, 07:21:34 PM »
That's why you're so funny Semp because you don't "get it" in such a fun, innocently argumentative way and yet stay balanced between idiocy and pretend genius

Businesses are businesses.  They don't have IT Business school or Gaming Company Business School or Coal Mining Business school.  They simply have Business School.  Know why?  I bet you're smiling right now you happy little crayon-eating cerebral giant.

It's all about the business model and its design for profit generation.  Gaming is no different than any other company regarding a profit driven model.  Understand the model and you can run the division or company. 

No company can save its way to prosperity.  Constant reinvestment is required.  Biz 101.  Does that apply here?

you know what the funny thing is and I am pretty sure you understand this.  I am not sure why hitech didnt ban  all of your squad.  you have attempted so many times to disrupt the game and in here in the bb.  You guys drove a lot of players away btw the way you behaved in both the game and the bb.  You yourself would have gotten rid of customers who were driving some of your other customer's away.  and even after being warned you still keep doing the same thing over and over, until some of you got banned from the bb.  some of you guys are back with different accounts now.

Now you claim that you know the business model and know how to "fix" aces high because you are a successful manager at another company.  You yourself behaved like a little kid when you didnt make trainer.  You threaten to "hunt down" and kill all trainers that you saw playing the game.  for days you talk about making it your mission.  remember when you used to ask me all the time to go sink a cv then when you joined the muppets started calling people who sink cv's dicks.

what I see wrong with the game is some people who are quick to complain but dont realize that they themselves are part of the problem.  that makes me smile sometimes when I read their threads. 

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2015, 10:13:55 PM »
I don't think I deserve to be banned... I have not drove one person off the game. Yes i do like creating a little sheit storm once in a while, but it's all in good fun. AoM has always been the the kind of people who weed the weak out, but the think skinned ones will stay and earn their keep. AoM did not like me for over 3 years when I began. (Little young punk calling out their leader, grizz, after he beat me) and here I am now with them 2 years after.

FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2015, 10:15:52 PM »
But the money schlong swinging contest is getting annoying.

Money isn't happiness, let me be the first to tell you that.   :aok
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #82 on: May 15, 2015, 10:22:55 PM »
you know what the funny thing is and I am pretty sure you understand this.  I am not sure why hitech didnt ban  all of your squad.  you have attempted so many times to disrupt the game and in here in the bb.  You guys drove a lot of players away btw the way you behaved in both the game and the bb.  You yourself would have gotten rid of customers who were driving some of your other customer's away.  and even after being warned you still keep doing the same thing over and over, until some of you got banned from the bb.  some of you guys are back with different accounts now.

Now you claim that you know the business model and know how to "fix" aces high because you are a successful manager at another company.  You yourself behaved like a little kid when you didnt make trainer.  You threaten to "hunt down" and kill all trainers that you saw playing the game.  for days you talk about making it your mission.  remember when you used to ask me all the time to go sink a cv then when you joined the muppets started calling people who sink cv's dicks.

what I see wrong with the game is some people who are quick to complain but dont realize that they themselves are part of the problem.  that makes me smile sometimes when I read their threads. 

semp
But you being a smart rear to anyone and everyone you choose is ok?  Come on Semp. 

The other Muppets don't have anything to do with what I type Semp so stop BBS screaming.  I know you're hoping it's loud enough for HTC to hear you...like a kid screaming "stop it!!!" from the other room.  Lol

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2015, 01:45:25 AM »
no changeup, i have supported this game more than you will ever know.  not because I think this is the best game I ever played but because this is the best game that I can say hi to friends I met 20  years ago.  i have paid for subscriptions for players I hardly knew then again when I was short of cash one 17 year old kid paid for me with his father's permission.  this is the part of the game you will never know and you will never understand.  I have paid for many player's subscription when they were short of money.  not because I was being generous but because I was paying it forward.

I have donated hardware to other players but at the same way, I am not the only one that has done the same thing.  then gain this is the part they teach you at business school is it?

at school they will never teach you that at some businesses is not about the traditional way you manage things.  it's all about a company that provides a way for some guys to meet each other and have fun.  not about whining because the trees dont look right.

semp

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2015, 07:06:22 AM »
no changeup, i have supported this game more than you will ever know.  not because I think this is the best game I ever played but because this is the best game that I can say hi to friends I met 20  years ago.  i have paid for subscriptions for players I hardly knew then again when I was short of cash one 17 year old kid paid for me with his father's permission.  this is the part of the game you will never know and you will never understand.  I have paid for many player's subscription when they were short of money.  not because I was being generous but because I was paying it forward.

I have donated hardware to other players but at the same way, I am not the only one that has done the same thing.  then gain this is the part they teach you at business school is it?

at school they will never teach you that at some businesses is not about the traditional way you manage things.  it's all about a company that provides a way for some guys to meet each other and have fun.  not about whining because the trees dont look right.

semp

What is this emotional mush?  You just screwed up a fairly interesting conversation with your sales figure fish story/Changeup fixation so you could end up sobbing on the couch?  Nothing in the above has anything to do with the challenges owners face when balancing the tried and true vs. the new and innovative.  All you've done is proven yourself a fairly poor troll with no idea when to walk away from the keyboard.

Oh, and we all thank you for donating some subscriptions to people short on cash.  I'm sure you're the only one that ever did that.   :rolleyes:

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2015, 09:25:21 AM »
What is this emotional mush?  You just screwed up a fairly interesting conversation with your sales figure fish story/Changeup fixation so you could end up sobbing on the couch?  Nothing in the above has anything to do with the challenges owners face when balancing the tried and true vs. the new and innovative.  All you've done is proven yourself a fairly poor troll with no idea when to walk away from the keyboard.

Oh, and we all thank you for donating some subscriptions to people short on cash.  I'm sure you're the only one that ever did that.   :rolleyes:

I'm sure the other people who have donated time or financial resources to the game in the form of:
Player subs, maps, CM, arena staff, skin development, historical references, A and B testing, keeping subs for years on end and never playing, etc etc etc.  I'm sure those folks will be along shortly to tell us about it Semp.

No.  Actually they all won't.  They don't need to say it.

And Semp, they don't teach "Traditional Business" at Biz School either nor do they have that in any MBA courses.  There is no such thing.  You are confusing traditional with brick and mortar.  That went away in 1996 when Al Gore invented the Internet.  To YOU it's about some guys meeting each other and having fun...to the business owner or shareholder it's about making a profit.  Do I need to cut and paste all of the references Dale has made to that over the last two years?  I applaud him for saying it.  It's work for him...not a night at the bar with the fellas having "fun"
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 09:30:33 AM by Changeup »

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2015, 10:00:07 AM »
I have a customer who when I was doing my first job for him other contractors warned me was a notorious cheapskate and had a habit of trying to renegotiate the prices after the fact.

After the job was about 75% complete he was talking to someone about money when suddenly he turns to me and says "Tom. You arent all about the money either are you?"

My response.

"Me? Not me personally. No I'm not all about the money. My mortgage company, Insurance company, My kids college, the grocery store and everyone else I get to pay on the other hand. Now THEY are all about the money. Oh and no. I dont renegotiate prices."
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: May 16, 2015, 10:52:19 AM »

actually it was you guys as usual who started throwing numbers around.

semp

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: May 16, 2015, 11:19:28 AM »

With age comes wisdom, at first you were a cocky little sheit when you first came into this game but you have seemed to figure it out that's good trait of a quality young man. Wtg
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #89 on: May 16, 2015, 11:28:14 AM »

Money is a by product. 

The schlong swinging is more about experience, responsibility, accomplishment, and recognition. Those ARE a few of the variables of personal happiness.  I think everyone here will agree most of us have two lives...personal and career.  The variables I listed do not define any of us...but they are a big part of who each of us are.