Author Topic: ENY FROM TOWER SITTERS  (Read 1387 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: ENY FROM TOWER SITTERS
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2015, 07:26:14 AM »

These big maps has to go out of rotation until we get more players.

I agree. I'd love to see some of the FSO, custom maps, or some other smaller arenas get placed on rotation. It really would make the fights better all around. These huge maps that scatter the players everywhere really have no bearing on the combat part of the game and create boring game play. A smaller arena or even a smaller area of the map to only fight in would compact the players into having to fight. I'm sure the coading part to that is something more difficult than I can imagine. But its just stale when there are tiny red dar bars with maybe one con in each scattered around the Maps instead of one big dar where the majority of people are fighting. If there was only a smaller section of the map to fight in. People could find fights much easier and have a much more fun time fighting agaisnt the opposing team instead of fighting against puff ack, or upping only to not be able to find what ever con is in the sector.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 07:29:18 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2015, 07:35:42 AM »
Back to Bear's statement...I really wish Hitech would weigh in on the auto-logout re: inactive players. Surely he's aware of the many frustrated players who are frequently forced into 25+ ENY ac/gv's. C'mon Dale...toss us a bone here.

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2015, 07:45:15 AM »
I just switch countries, it work most of the time. Or I use one of my mamy shades  :noid. In fact half of all players in game are my shades...   :rofl
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2015, 07:46:39 AM »
Back to Bear's statement...I really wish Hitech would weigh in on the auto-logout re: inactive players. Surely he's aware of the many frustrated players who are frequently forced into 25+ ENY ac/gv's. C'mon Dale...toss us a bone here.

Read here....

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,362537.msg4823819.html#msg4823819

I agree. I'd love to see some of the FSO, custom maps, or some other smaller arenas get placed on rotation. It really would make the fights better all around. These huge maps that scatter the players everywhere really have no bearing on the combat part of the game and create boring game play. A smaller arena or even a smaller area of the map to only fight in would compact the players into having to fight. I'm sure the coading part to that is something more difficult than I can imagine. But its just stale when there are tiny red dar bars with maybe one con in each scattered around the Maps instead of one big dar where the majority of people are fighting. If there was only a smaller section of the map to fight in. People could find fights much easier and have a much more fun time fighting agaisnt the opposing team instead of fighting against puff ack, or upping only to not be able to find what ever con is in the sector.

You also have to take into account that many and I would say "most" would prefer NOT to have any combat and would relish being left alone to drop their bombs or grab a base with out a defense, and so they LOVE these big maps.  Its a sad state, but that is what the majority of players seem to like these days. Very few want to "fight" for anything in the game.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2015, 08:46:48 AM »
Thanks for posting the link Fugi...I don't recall seeing that before.  :salute

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2015, 09:32:41 AM »
Just about every multiplayer game I've ever played has a system to kick an inactive player.  You can always work around them, but it at least kicks the knuckleheads who AFK instead of log off when they go to wash their car, cook a 7 course meal, etc.  Off the top of my head, most have it set around 15 minutes of inactivity.   
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2015, 10:50:57 AM »
Read here....

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,362537.msg4823819.html#msg4823819

You also have to take into account that many and I would say "most" would prefer NOT to have any combat and would relish being left alone to drop their bombs or grab a base with out a defense, and so they LOVE these big maps.  Its a sad state, but that is what the majority of players seem to like these days. Very few want to "fight" for anything in the game.

Thanks Fugitive.  Makes perfect sense what Hitech is saying on the inactive players and ENY.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2015, 11:00:33 AM »
Read here....

I am never one to cry wolf....but damn you are spot on.....

Offline Hetzer7

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2015, 12:59:08 PM »
i would say many but not most.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2015, 03:00:51 PM »
i would say many but not most.

If you have a horde of 40 guys hitting a base MOST of them are not there to fight. Some may get shot done, but again those aren't fights, they are picks and augers.

If you have 20 guys sitting at a spawn point doing nothing but popping the next guy to spawn in they are NOT fighting.

There are many ways to "play the game" in which fighting is NOT involved.

So yes, I believe MOST don't want to fight.

WOLF! Where???? Is that like when someone like a talking dog yells "Squirrel!"  :devil