Author Topic: Question about past Hitech posts.  (Read 906 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Question about past Hitech posts.
« on: May 31, 2015, 04:19:02 PM »
Aces High has an ongoing cycle of new players questioning how the MA is setup, rules, system functions, player etiquette, and cheating. Old players responding to them often say "Hitech said so" as their answer because they were around a millennia ago when Hitech posted his position. Or even yesterday..... :O

Since so many questions have been answered by Hitech over the years and he stays pretty much in line with future responses to the same questions.

Has anyone considered making a list of this questions or topics, then searching for all of Hitech's responses over the years. And creating the Big FAQ of Hitech?

I know, who reads the fine print or the manual anymore, and who cares. Social media lets you say anything you want about others, so long as you don't acknowledge the answer given has any authority on the given situation. Still, they might be able to come up with better initial arguments after reading the FAQ. Or not start something to begin with.

It would be very obvious with an FAQ if someone was bored and trolling from the FAQ topics to ding Hitech.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
Re: Question about past Hitech posts.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 05:24:04 PM »
Excellent idea, could it just be a sticky post that the creator could edit and would be a list of topics with a link to hitechs post as in:

Hitech on ENY:  link link link

Clean and simple
Pies not kicks.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 08:41:00 PM »
See rule 4
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 08:59:39 PM by hitech »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline amp

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 08:42:06 PM »
Excellent idea, could it just be a sticky post that the creator could edit and would be a list of topics with a link to hitechs post as in:

Hitech on ENY:  link link link

Clean and simple

"... the creator ..." :noid

:pray

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 09:10:33 PM »
I have a bunch of BBS links saved that cover a lot of the normal questions that come up. I also have about a dozen I think of Hitechs answers to oft asked questions.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 09:42:58 PM »
Perhaps this is something that HiTech should address to enhance the game play of the new players???????????????????????????????????????????  but I doubt it will ever happen.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 09:50:37 PM »
All good ideas, but with all due respect, we should leave Hitech alone until the update is complete. :cheers: I think his plate is full enough for now.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2015, 10:09:17 PM »
Search > Author:  HiTech

Wish granted.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2015, 10:51:43 PM »

Wish granted.

With regards, I don't think that is what Bustr was talking about. I just searched for eny by author Hitech and got 3 pages of citations, just one sample:

Must say this is a keeper. It is defiantly a 10.
Wall of text.
Contradicts himself.
Dos not take his own advise.

In reality I should delete it for flame bait. But just can't bring my self to , because then would just give him another reason to tell us how we are so screwed up and don't even listen to him, when at the same time he is complaining that we some time listen to people.

I wouldn't put in a link to if I was constructing a faq page, and I bet dollars to donuts there are a lot more uninformative posts than there are concise ones.

Pies not kicks.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2015, 07:31:57 AM »
With regards, I don't think that is what Bustr was talking about. I just searched for eny by author Hitech and got 3 pages of citations, just one sample:

Wall of text.
Contradicts himself.

In reality I should delete it for flame bait. But just can't bring my self to , because then would just give him another reason to tell us how we are so screwed up and don't even listen to him, when at the same time he is complaining that we some time listen to people.

I wouldn't put in a link to if I was constructing a faq page, and I bet dollars to donuts there are a lot more uninformative posts than there are concise ones.

With respect, your example of HiTech ranting about a posting on a bbs is a good example of what new players should not be seeing in response to what to them is a valid question and totally off base from what the OP is suggesting.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2015, 10:20:20 AM »
With respect, your example of HiTech ranting about a posting on a bbs is a good example of what new players should not be seeing in response to what to them is a valid question and totally off base from what the OP is suggesting.

I must be miscommunicating. What you just said is exactly what I meant and why I gave the example I did which was in response to Bald Eagle's post that seemed to be saying there was no need for a selected list as a new player could just search for Hitech's posts. Although at this point I am wondering if that is what he meant.
Pies not kicks.

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2015, 10:39:14 AM »
As a new player who's been in this situation, and had bustr smack me down with the typical, "young wipper-snappers don't know nothing, we discussed this in the great bbs debate of 2003..."  :devil  :salute

Bustr,wasn't as bad as I'm portraying, and actually had a PM conversation with me explaining a few of the age-old wishes that resurface everyone time a new player gets excited about the game. I do agree with him in that there needs to be something more forth-coming for new players who are wide-eyed and bushy tailed ready to make this newly discovered game great(er)....  I've done exactly what he is describing, throwing up a wish that has been covered in the past, but I was totally unaware of, and furthermore, unwilling to sift through 10+ years of bbs discussions to answer my own question/wish.

I'm not sure that the BBS is the best place to place this information though, as some of the vets have educated me, not all players, especially new players are part of the forum. The FAQ list should be available before game launches or from the website where you download the game.

_modification_

Also, be gentle on HiTech and da' boyz... They are grinding the elbow grease on the new graphics engine... Just be cool....  :confused:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 10:41:39 AM by DubiousKB »
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2015, 10:39:58 AM »
I also was very confused by pembquist post, but now I belive I understand better.

Is this what you ment pembquist?

_____________________________ __

Wish granted.

BaldEagl: With regards, I don't think that is what Bustr was talking about.

HiTech makes many post that are completly unrelated to any game facts.

I just searched for eny by author Hitech and got 3 pages of citations, just one sample:
Quote from: HiTech

Wall of text.
Contradicts himself.

I wouldn't put in a link to the above if I was constructing a faq page.

I bet dollars to donuts there are a lot more uninformative posts such as the one I quoted than there are concise ones.

And hence just searching would not be near as useful as a FAQ of questions and answers by HiTech.
_____________________________ ___

HiTech

« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 10:44:34 AM by hitech »

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2015, 11:04:58 AM »
X Akly

Yes, that is what I meant. I didn't realize I was that incoherent, I blame the Hoppy Camper beer cart among other factors.
Pies not kicks.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2015, 03:33:07 PM »
Hitech,

Thank you.

When you have spoken in the past about game functions and processes that one might say are rules of the game. You have never wavered in your meaning. Too often whizzing matches happen because of vague memory of your statements or unintentional interpretation in the heat of the debate.

After 12 years it seems a moot point that it is time to collect your far flung rules out of the forums in one place to help the community. Some discord in communities can be tied to not having a clear set of guidelines. In this forum's case, it's more like ancient Jewish scholars arguing over what a patriarch said last year while he is taking a nap in the same room. Sometimes waking him up for clarification is problematical or, he snuck out to the mens room. 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.