Author Topic: tower etiquette?  (Read 5620 times)

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
Re: tower etiquette?
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2015, 09:29:53 PM »
You can fly it anytime you want in the MA. There ya go. Happiness.  ;)

No you are wrong, I can't fly anytime I want cuz of eny, and no I will not switch, cuz to me that is NOT fun......so where is my fun and happiness???
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2015, 09:37:18 PM »
 :uhoh  p51-b  :uhoh

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2015, 09:48:49 PM »
No you are wrong, I can't fly anytime I want cuz of eny, and no I will not switch, cuz to me that is NOT fun......so where is my fun and happiness???

Oh yes you can. ENY never gets so high that you can't take any plane anymore. You just have to learn to let go of your late war/perk crutch planes when odds are against your enemy.

I don't understand why people want to kick tower players, all that needs to be done is to count ENY from the players that are actively in flight. Problem solved.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2015, 09:58:14 PM »
Oh yes you can. ENY never gets so high that you can't take any plane anymore. You just have to learn to let go of your late war/perk crutch planes when odds are against your enemy.

I don't understand why people want to kick tower players, all that needs to be done is to count ENY from the players that are actively in flight. Problem solved.

How would that account for players waiting in the tower for a mission to up?

I don't understand why people don't just log off if they are going to be afk for extended periods of time.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 10:04:52 PM by BowHTR »
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2015, 12:23:49 AM »
I think some are drifting off topic.

ENY isn't a problem here. We all have high ENY planes we enjoy. The purpose of the thread was to show that those that go AFK for extended periods of time hinder the ability of their own country. This makes it difficult for the ENY to help balance the gameplay.

Frankly, that's because you are delusional if you think for some reason the country you are on always has a large percentage of tower squatters.  Yes, you can pick and choose your screenshots to show whatever you want but the bottom line is, the tower sitters affect everyone the same so they affect no one at all.

Seriously sir, what part of that do you not understand?

If you seriously have convinced yourself that the country you are on has more than their share of those dastardly tower squatters, why don't you switch sides, permanently, to rid yourself of those people as team mates, especially since you see "them" as doing so much harm to the game?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 12:28:08 AM by Zoney »
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2015, 04:12:43 AM »
I have been interested in this topic for years and observed proof it is a real problem in real time. I also believe there is no practical solution except for players themselves to take action. What are the chances of that happening?

Of course it averages out in the long run, but for some of the players dealing with it real time, it is a glaring problem. PLAYERS WHO INSIST ON BEATING OTHER PLAYERS OVER THE HEAD OR CONSTANTLY TRYING TO DERAIL OR BELITTLE THEM ARE NOT HELPING!

Yes you can pick the following scenario apart by a thousand "what if's" but I have seen this happen many times.

Example late night / early morning USA time frame:
1. The scenario originally described in this post is occurring.
2. The war is won.
3. Arena resets.
4. Inactive players don't come back. (this includes inactive players that are hiding out in the arena instead of the tower)
5. Most active players return.
6. Within minutes the ENY is accurate and, guess what, rooks have ENY.

What is wrong with asking inactive players to consider the active player's ability to enjoy the game?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 04:33:43 AM by Drane »
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2015, 04:52:56 AM »
I have been interested in this topic for years and observed proof it is a real problem in real time. I also believe there is no practical solution except for players themselves to take action. What are the chances of that happening?

Of course it averages out in the long run, but for some of the players dealing with it real time, it is a glaring problem. PLAYERS WHO INSIST ON BEATING OTHER PLAYERS OVER THE HEAD OR CONSTANTLY TRYING TO DERAIL OR BELITTLE THEM ARE NOT HELPING!

Yes you can pick the following scenario apart by a thousand "what if's" but I have seen this happen many times.

Example late night / early morning USA time frame:
1. The scenario originally described in this post is occurring.
2. The war is won.
3. Arena resets.
4. Inactive players don't come back. (this includes inactive players that are hiding out in the arena instead of the tower)
5. Most active players return.
6. Within minutes the ENY is accurate and, guess what, rooks have ENY.

What is wrong with asking inactive players to consider the active player's ability to enjoy the game?
How about....Because We're NOT RESPONSIBLE for your enjoying the game or not? YOU ARE! This comes down to people not being able to fly the low ENY planes that they have limited themselves to being able to fly. Typically that means they can't fly their boom and zoom run away planes. Learn other types of flying, fly higher ENY planes and quit griping about it. I never once have complained, or even felt like it, about ENY. If I can't fly one plane, there are MANY more plane that can be flown. It's pointless and counter-productive to gripe about a "problem" that's not really a problem, but a solution to another LARGE problem that "players themselves" DIDN'T take action on. And yes, it's appropriate to state that the complainerds (like my new word?) are just gripers who want others to do what they think they should. It still comes down to play the way I THINK YOU SHOULD play or I'll continuously whine about it.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 05:10:21 AM by Copprhed »
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2015, 05:10:13 AM »
How about....Because We're NOT RESPONSIBLE for your enjoying the game or not? YOU ARE!

:ahand
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2015, 05:10:53 AM »
:ahand
Read the rest. Whiners gonna whine......

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2015, 05:25:43 AM »

No, I am right. Your unwillingness to switch doesn't make me wrong. Just because you're as hard to keep happy as my ex doesn't make the world unfair. My sympathy for you has limits, too.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2015, 05:27:47 AM »
No, I am right. Your unwillingness to switch doesn't make me wrong. Just because you're as hard to keep happy as my ex doesn't make the world unfair. My sympathy for you has limits, too.
As hard to keep happy as my ex....that's a winner!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2015, 05:29:46 AM »

I demand unperked, non-eny'd Me 163 at all bases so that I can fly them anytime I want, because flying anything else is not fun and thus totally unacceptable.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Interceptor

• Copper Member
« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2015, 05:33:01 AM »
Its right that only ingame (GVs / planes / boats) players should trigger the ENY system... :rock

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2015, 06:32:12 AM »
Attention upset P51D pilots, I have solved your problem! Read on if you're interested!  :D

You love you're P-51D. It's fast, it's maneuverable, it's got good guns. Overall it's a beast of a plane but, oh no! ENY has kicked in! Have no fear as there are several other planes that you can take that are equal to or even better than the P-51D! Here is a list of planes that I'd recommend you could try out.

ENY at 5 - So ENY has just gotten high enough to prevent you from upping the 51D? That's ok because at an ENY of 10 the P-47M is a superb plane and somewhat similar to the P-51D. In some cases it's even better! It's got excellent top speeds, superb high speed handling AND low speed handling, even MORE firepower than the 51D, and is just as maneuverable as the P-51D. I think it might even be MORE maneuverable! You can also fly the P-47N, the heavier, but just as beastly, brother of the P-47M! Though it is the heaviest of the Jugs and has the lowest top speed on military power if you take the smaller 8 gun package or even one of the 6 gun packages and 50% fuel MAX, then the 47N becomes just as good or even better than the 47M! Don't like the 47M and N for whatever reason? Maybe you don't like the lose in climbing performance? Don't worry because also at ENY 10 is the Yak-3! Again, this plane is VERY fast, VERY maneuverable, and while it doesn't have a lot of ammo it does pack quite a mean punch when you land hits. Best of all it has an even BETTER climb rate than the 51D!

ENY at 10 - So ENY has gone up some more and you can't fly the 47M/N or Yak3? Don't fret! At ENY 15 we have the 190D9! While not quite as maneuverable as the P-51D it is still very capable. It also boasts the BEST roll rate of any plane in the game! It's also very fast just like the P-51D and has a superb climb rate. In fact, with WEP, the D9 out climbs the 51D, and boy do you have a lot of wep! The firepower is arguably even better than the P-51D as well! If you want to stick with American Steel then there is also the P-38L at 15 ENY! This thing should be perked it's such a beast! Superb guns (all in the nose too!), great speed, but most of all the incredible ability to fight vertically! There are VERY few planes in the game that can match a P-38 in a climb.

ENY at 15 - So those dastardly tower squatters have bumped ENY above 15 now eh? Well that's fine because at ENY 20 we have a whole host of planes to choose from! First is the 109K4. This plane could be called the P-51D of the German airforce! It's FAST! It's climb rate is one of the few that can give P-38's trouble, it's firepower is AMAZING if you can aim the big 30mm on it, and it's crazy maneuverable! I'm sure you've seen what expert K4 pilots can do with this thing in game. There's also the Ki-84 which could be the Japanese P-51D! It's quite fast as well, has an insane climb rate, insanely maneuverable, and it's guns pack a mean punch! Seriously, fly this plane and you'll know why great pilots like INK love it to death. We also have another Jug to choose from too! The D40! Just like all other jugs this thing is amazing! Great speed, superb handling, amazing diving ability, and of course 8 50cals! Best of all about being stuck with 20 ENY planes is you can skip all planes that I have mentioned up to this point and fly the P-51B!! It's a P-51! Just what you want! It may not be the iconic D but it flies exactly the same, in fact, it's even better than the D!

ENY at 20 - So more people are ruining your fun by going afk? Well there are still plenty more planes to choose from! At 23 ENY we have the Yak9u. Just like the Yak 3 at 10 ENY the 9U is FAST! It climbs well, handles well, and packs a big punch with it's limited ammo load. In some ways it's even better than the Yak-3 as it is faster and is a bit more stable at low speeds. At 25 ENY we have a few planes to choose from. There's the 109G14 which is just as much of a powerhouse as the K4 is. Best of all, if you don't like the 30mm then you have the option to remove it on the G14 and take a much more reliable 20mm instead! You just can't go wrong with the G14. If you were a fan of the 190D9 then you're going to LOVE the 190A5! This is regarded as the BEST 190 in the series, and for good reason! It's still got the absurd roll rate that 190s are known for, but it's also surprisingly nimble for a 190! Spitfires will even be shocked to see how well this thing can turn! It's still very fast for being an early 190 as well! If you don't like the gun option of the 190A5 then there's always the A8 with it's much bigger firepower! I'll be honest though, I personally think the A8 is the toughest of the 190's to do well in. It's slower than the A5 and D9, and noticeably heavier but it more than makes up for these short comings with shear raw firepower! SO MANY CANNONS! If you fly your P-51D in a BnZ style then doing the same in the A8 will see planes dying at a much faster rate! Lastly at 25 ENY we have yet another Jug! Huzzah for the Jugs! This time it's the D-25 and it's just as amazing as all the other Jugs! it isn't quite as fast as the later Jugs but it is still fast enough and is just as maneuverable!

ENY at 29 - So those tower queens have completely ruined your fun now by maxing out the ENY, right? WRONG! Because ENY can no longer go any higher and we still have TONS of planes to fly! Some choices for you P-51D pilots that I recommend are the 109F4/G2/G6. Just like the G14 and K4 before them, these 109s are dogfighting monsters! The F4 is quick, and fast enough to catch most planes. It's light weight and incredibly nimble! It also has a very respectable climb rate and with a very powerful engine on such a light plane you can keep the nose up longer than most other planes! Struggling with the speed of the F4? Take the G2! It is in all sense EXACTLY THE SAME as the F4. The only difference is that it's faster! It may lose a little bit of the nimbleness that makes the F4 a beast but it's more than maneuverable enough to beat anything you'll come across. If you just don't like the 7.92mm MGs the G2 and F4 have then take the G6! Again, it's almost exactly the same as the G2 with a few minor differences, most of which you won't even notice. The big upgrade of the G6 is it adds 13mm MGs instead of 7.92! Also at 30 ENY is the last of the Jugs, the D11. This plane should be illegal it's so much fun! It's still got the amazing diving ability that all Jugs have, and the insane 8 50cal gun package, but it's also very lightweight for a Jug! This light weight makes this plane crazy maneuverable! I have made a number of spitfire pilots wet their pants surprised to see a Jug out turning them! You also have the Mossi 6 to fly at 30 ENY. What can I say about the Mossi other than HOLY CRAP! This thing is a MONSTER!!! There are very few things in this world scarier than seeing a Mossi diving on you! The firepower of this thing is so insane that all you have to do is touch your opponent for the briefest of moments and you're likely to be shredding their wing clean off! It's also very fast with great diving and climbing abilities! It may be a bit on the heavy side and you will feel it, but if you keep the plane fast, and keep your hand steady then this thing is one of the beastliest planes there are! Lastly, we have the Yak9t. Just like all yaks, this thing is fast! It's nimble. It's got limited ammunition but anything it hits will be feeling it, especially if you take the 37MM! Nothing is more satisfying than landing a hit with that big gun!

And that's it! Those are planes that I feel are equal to or even superior to the P-51D and ones that I think P-51D pilots will find enjoyable when the ENY kicks in.  :aok

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2015, 06:45:09 AM »
You don't happen to sell cars, do you?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 06:53:23 AM by BowHTR »
AH Supporter Since Tour 35