Author Topic: Fun 1v2 Fight  (Read 853 times)

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
Fun 1v2 Fight
« on: June 26, 2015, 11:45:55 PM »
A good 2v1 fight. I was in a D9 vs a P-51B, and then 1v2 against a D9 and a P-47D-25.

Please forgive my poor shooting in the middle of the film.

-=S=- to PonyDrvr, Lilmak, and STR

« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 01:18:56 AM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Fun 1v2 Fight
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 12:00:24 AM »
Says still processing.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 01:10:49 AM »
Run Run Run Run....LilMak loses interest. Then you grow a sack. Pretty much every single fight I've ever had with you. Get a life tardlet.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 02:11:13 AM »
Some pretty ok flying there even with the poor shooting in the middle part of the film, but I did notice a few critical mistakes you made that got you into a lot of trouble. If you want I can spend some time with you in the TA to help correct your mistake.

Just a small example, at around the 3:10 mark you go up with the P-47 even though you know the 190 is closing in for a shot. What this is doing is slowing yourself down to stall speeds and making yourself an easy target for the 190. Luckily this time the 190 wasn't the best shot and missed his chance. It seems fighting out numbered is a weak point of yours and I'd be glad to spend some time in the TA with you to help you improve your skills.

:salute
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 04:01:17 AM by Latrobe »

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 09:51:48 AM »
Some pretty ok flying there even with the poor shooting in the middle part of the film, but I did notice a few critical mistakes you made that got you into a lot of trouble. If you want I can spend some time with you in the TA to help correct your mistake.

Just a small example, at around the 3:10 mark you go up with the P-47 even though you know the 190 is closing in for a shot. What this is doing is slowing yourself down to stall speeds and making yourself an easy target for the 190. Luckily this time the 190 wasn't the best shot and missed his chance. It seems fighting out numbered is a weak point of yours and I'd be glad to spend some time in the TA with you to help you improve your skills.

:salute

Thanks for the offer, but truth be told, I only cared about killing the P-47 (as I knew had exited similar fights many times earlier in the night) and didn't mind risking myself in the situation. I had fought STR several times earlier and knew he wasn't a very good shot in the D9, so I took the chance.

But, if you'd like to do some D9 vs P-47D-25 fights, let me know - I'll grab my D9.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 10:00:56 AM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 02:45:19 PM »
Ah roger, still that kind of target fixation is going to get you killed 9 times out of 10. You got kind of lucky this time with the 190 missing his shot. You should try and break the habit of tunnel visioning on one target, it would significantly improve your SA and survivability.

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2015, 02:37:15 AM »
Latrobe you and I need to go to the TA..there's allot of things I could teach you young buck...I've been studying your films for quite some time now..I've noticed one major flaw in your flying..and skyyr as well..I need to take you both to the TA..both of you stay alive FAR too long..I can teach you how to end up in the tower in less than a two turn Fight..you both got allot to learn about dying that's for sure..pm me and we will set something up <S> both of you and keep trying you'll get there one day :devil
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 02:39:56 AM by scott66 »
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2015, 02:46:27 AM »
A training invite from the great scott!? Sign me up! I've always wanted to have the skill in dying that you have! Never have I seen someone die so quickly before, it's amazing. I can only get my K/D down to around 1. Still trying to reach those negatives. Please teach me!!  :D

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2015, 11:19:44 AM »
A training invite from the great scott!? Sign me up! I've always wanted to have the skill in dying that you have! Never have I seen someone die so quickly before, it's amazing. I can only get my K/D down to around 1. Still trying to reach those negatives. Please teach me!!  :D
:rofl I will teach you my ways Latrobe lol you will never need more then 25% fuel  :devil
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline RagingPineapple

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 09:09:42 PM »
I think you guys need to spend some time in the TA with the best pilot in Aces High (me). I can teach all of you a thing or two about the strategic dominance gaming theory.

Offline darkzking

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2015, 09:16:13 PM »
Some SERIOUS ERRORS were made by all 3 planes involved in this video.
1.You guys were not in p39s
2. You guys were not boasting about the greatness of Raynos
3.I saw no p39s
4.SA was horrible
5.You lived
6.They Died
7.It was boring
Now i can help you with all of these issues just come to the TA with me anyday.
raynos32 Leader of the 242nd Sloppy Terminators
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/
See Rule #4

Offline mikev

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2015, 01:34:15 PM »
tsk tsk tsk ray for 1 your never playing anymore so how can anybody boast of anything about you , i figure your chicken due to what my magical powers have done in transforming your p39 into a rubber duck floating in a toilet bowl with bomb turds falling all around.
   and scotty you have been having way to much b day fun to even want to play ever again. its going to take you weeks maybe months to get over that ride you had  :devil
   as for the rest of you i am sure i will see you on my 6 real soon watching the parts fall off as you smile and go flying happily along.
1 Of these days you will regret shooting me down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R4qb6_RPUc