Author Topic: Who won the scenario?  (Read 4593 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Re: Who won the scenario?
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2015, 09:18:40 PM »
Who say's no one's willing?  I went down at one point with 40 minutes before the next launch.  Rather than letting moss grow I kept jumping from base to base to see if I could spot anything.  Sure enough I spotted two boxes of buffs crossing the coastline into France and vox'd the squad with coordinates and headings.  The buffs never made it to their targets.

Alas, if I could only get credit for those six kills.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2015, 09:23:32 PM »
I like the fact Nefarious got yelled at for spamming the MA asking for Luftweenie pilets..

LawnDart
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2015, 07:28:23 AM »
Who say's no one's willing?  I went down at one point with 40 minutes before the next launch.  Rather than letting moss grow I kept jumping from base to base to see if I could spot anything.  Sure enough I spotted two boxes of buffs crossing the coastline into France and vox'd the squad with coordinates and headings.  The buffs never made it to their targets.

On numerous occasions us buffs got zero'd in by man ack.We really enjoyed it just a heads up and didnt mind any damage taken or being spotted because of how accurate it was and how cool it made that particular run!
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2015, 07:51:20 AM »

I definitely included it in my AAR! Basically got 4 during that run because of that!
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Online artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2015, 08:09:36 AM »
There is usually a delay of some sort to the radar in a Scenario...

I just wonder at 300mph you can cross 12 miles (radar ring radius) in 2.5 min. So 2 minutes update maybe little bit too slow to track the targets or even get an interception vector as you don't have enough resolution to get their flight direction.

Maybe update every 30s would be more suitable.

My $0.02
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2015, 09:30:23 AM »
I just wonder at 300mph you can cross 12 miles (radar ring radius) in 2.5 min. So 2 minutes update maybe little bit too slow to track the targets or even get an interception vector as you don't have enough resolution to get their flight direction.

Maybe update every 30s would be more suitable.

My $0.02

Honestly after the 1st two hours, we basically had no dot dar to work off of anyway. Communication was pretty good throughout the day on the Luftwaffe side with where/who/what was going on.

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2015, 09:40:57 AM »
Sir, I have heard no other complaints but yours upon the radar settings.  I personally found it much more realistic.  The delay, 2 minutes I believe, reflected the fact that communications for this kind of intel was not instantaneous in WW2.  Just like then, you did not know precisely where your enemy was until you got a visual sighting, but you did know where they just were.  You should have tried maybe just a bit more instead of quitting.  There were plenty of people there to help you figure it out, or, and I assume you were not a squadron lead here, you could have just followed your CO's lead and let him lead you to the fights, or the targets.

I sincerely hope the radar settings are like this the next time.  They were part and parcel to what contributed to so many of us players saying, "The best Event, EVER!".

Different strokes...I'm truly glad so many liked it. That's good for the game.

I won't fly in the next one if the radar is like that. Where are the scenario criteria listed?

I as looking forward to shooting at huge bomber formations.

I'm in a disintegrating late war squad (3 guys including me), but not an FSO/scenario squad.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2015, 09:50:09 AM »
FSO Corsair squad here. We got room, last I checked.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2015, 09:53:47 AM »
Honestly after the 1st two hours, we basically had no dot dar to work off of anyway. Communication was pretty good throughout the day on the Luftwaffe side with where/who/what was going on.

Gotta admit, in spite of the 'ol Luft vs Allied tease and tumble fest that's as old as online MMO dogfighting, the dedicated Luft squads have both the technical and organizational skills for an uphill battle.

Offline KCDitto

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2015, 10:00:45 AM »
Having RADAR is nice, But the scouts and I found the bombers everytime. There were only 5 targets. The 3 airfileds and Antwerp and Paris. I knew where they were going so we just had to find out how they were going to get there. The allies did a great job by design or by over agressive fighter pilots, but every time the scouts got within dot range they were chased until killed. Happened to me 3 times. Not sure who you flew with buckshot but as far as i know evey lufwaffe pilot engaged with plaenty of bombers, even me.

I do not think RADAR will ever be to the MAIN standard in a scenario, and that is by design.
Ditto  "WHITE 11"
"Masters of the Air" Scenario -JG54

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2015, 10:27:31 AM »
I flew solo, that was probably the problem.

I chased disappearing dots for almost an hour. I saw one p47 who ran from me, that's it. That's not fun.

Thanks for the responses. Maybe I'll try it again to shake the bad taste left from it.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2015, 11:03:46 AM »
I flew solo, that was probably the problem.

Flying solo in these scenarios almost never work, if ever(There are exceptions).

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2015, 11:04:39 AM »
Flying solo in these scenarios almost never work, if ever(There are exceptions).

Lt. Leroy Jenkins.

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2015, 11:48:31 AM »
Buckshot, you really need to do a scenario in a group, it's a whole new experience.
These events are not designed for the casual player jumping in expecting main arena conditions.  While they are walkon friendly, the walkons are brought into established groups.
These guys spend typically a month or more training, practicing, drilling and running missions in anticipation of the event conditions.  They rely on communication, spotting, position reports and everything else people bring to an event, and move away from the technical elements found in the Mains.
It's a completely different experience if you are in one of these from the start. There is absolutely nothing like it.
We have events with no dar at all. We have them with extreme winter conditions and heavy cloud cover.  We have them in the Pacific Theater, Summer, Winter, Islands, Desert, Ground War Elements and more.
The build up to the event is a major part of the experience, and the event itself is typically the day they implement what they worked on for a month.
The events are designed to have objectives, and more important, often seemingly insurmountable obstacles that always seem to be overcome.  The obstacles and difficulties are as much a part of a Scenario design as the objectives and planes. 
Grab any one of these guys who flew in this or any other Scenario, get on with them early, and try the full experience. 
You will look back on your dissatisfaction about this one particular radar setting and realize that it didn't matter at all. 
The Allies took out the Radar, by design. The Axis knew the Radar was going to be taken out, so our communication system took over.  You can't do that in the main, there is no level of organization there.  We live on that here :)
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2015, 12:15:40 PM »
Different strokes...I'm truly glad so many liked it. That's good for the game.

I won't fly in the next one if the radar is like that. Where are the scenario criteria listed?

I as looking forward to shooting at huge bomber formations.

I'm in a disintegrating late war squad (3 guys including me), but not an FSO/scenario squad.

OK mate, fair enough.  But as ROC has stated, there is so much more than that.  These events do not require you to have your own squad in the MA or to be part of one. 

As an example, I fly with JG11, a couple of may mates players this Saturday event and some of them were not in the same squad with me.  Swoop, who fly's JG11 in the FSO was even on the allied side.  This is a great place to make new friends, bring a wingy or squadmate with you or not.

ROC did a great job in his last post, that also made mine look very harsh and for that I apologize.

In conclusion, please come fly the next one.  I would be honored with your company  :salute
Wag more, bark less.