Author Topic: Who won the scenario?  (Read 4583 times)

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
Re: Who won the scenario?
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2015, 12:47:39 PM »
Thanks fellas! I had no idea there was that much to it.

I'll give it another go in the future.

Sorry about the thread hijack
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 12:54:44 PM by BuckShot »
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2015, 01:18:00 PM »
What is so cool is the vox in our bombers when we got attacked by the fighters.  Man it was like listening to a super WW2 bomber movie.

Offline KCDitto

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2015, 01:38:33 PM »
HBO is working on the "Mighty 8th"

So remember that when you are watching   :D
Ditto  "WHITE 11"
"Masters of the Air" Scenario -JG54

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2015, 01:50:02 PM »
sorry to inform you gents....butaaaaahhhhh

I WON

no one else JUST ME !!!!!!!!!!

:rock :rock :rock

:neener: :neener: :neener:

seriously though I had one of the best times I ever had in AH........ 10 friggen years!!!!!!

I dont care what the "scores" are

anyone who had as much fun as I did...... won!!!!!

Offline BFOOT1

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2015, 02:46:07 PM »
sorry to inform you gents....butaaaaahhhhh

I WON

no one else JUST ME !!!!!!!!!!

:rock :rock :rock

:neener: :neener: :neener:

seriously though I had one of the best times I ever had in AH........ 10 friggen years!!!!!!

I dont care what the "scores" are

anyone who had as much fun as I did...... won!!!!!
I second this!!
Member of G3MF
III Gruppe, 8 Staffel, JG52, flying Black 12 (Kuban Scenario)

Offline dmdchief

• Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2015, 05:01:37 PM »
What is so cool is the vox in our bombers when we got attacked by the fighters.  Man it was like listening to a super WW2 bomber movie.
You don't happen to have any video of it by chance, I would love to hear it.

salute
ab8aac/dmdchief
HAVE THE COURAGE TO STEP UP AND LEAD AND THE PUBLIC WILL FOLLOW

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2015, 04:46:41 AM »
i had a blast most fun for me in awhile, The night time is the right time imho being able to fly at night in recent FSO and the scenario has been alot of fun i hope we get more night time events such a blast
G3-MF

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2015, 01:07:06 PM »
@ buckshot - I know you will enjoy it better flying in a squad.  It makes the hunt enjoyable.

From the Bomber NAV lead perspective on most of the runs, I did everything I could to use that 2 minute delay to my advantage.  Try to show a DARBAR pattern going in one direction only to go another way.  By design this was to attempt to give the bombers a chance to get in a good manual calibration so they only needed to worry about matching up the speeds.  Then they could focus on the timing to drop while gunning when possible.

Having hanger hardness bumped up to x6 and manual calibrations made it a very realistic scenario for us. As taught in the Marine Corps Infantry, shoot, move, & communicate.  Both sides did really well doing this and made for non stop action.

Even climbing out and movement to target was always stressful as you are ALWAYS head on a swivel because that DARBAR works both ways.  We found ourselves getting jumped more than once with no DARBAR in the area.  You had to pay attention if you wanted a chance to use your guns!  LOL

It was a great adventure for me.  Regardless of scores when they do come out. 

We all win!

:rock
SlipKnoT
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2015, 03:00:47 PM »

The radar settings threw me off alright, right out of the arena. Too bad because I was looking forward to this event all week.

No thanks to radar settings like that in the future.
Because I like many others were tuned into proper comms and paying attention to contact info, I knew much that radar was not showing. It is one point of reduced radar. Forces a shared experience not available in the MA. Without it we may have had a 12 hour fur ball over the channel.
Also, the settings were published long before the event. I invite anyone to find out what they are getting into beforehand. Makes for less explaining during the event or disappointment at things not being as expected.
And then there's the addicts. Show up even when the don't like the rules or set up. You know who you are :aok

Edit: responded to early post without reading whole thread. Hope you do attend another one knowing exactly what you are in for.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 03:06:09 PM by RSLQK186 »
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2015, 01:37:43 AM »
@buckshot with the squad situation. you are more than welcome to fly with the 49th in FSOs were pretty tight knit and work together. We use wingman in the MA alot and when in scenarios we always fly with wingman and in flights and fly to do the most damage possible and still live. You dont gotta join to fly with us in FSO. And in the MA we do everything buffs furballs gv runs (some are extreme and only a hand full of us do them.)

But next scenario look us up your more than welcome to tag along.

@ROC we didnt train for the event :/ lol but as much as we got pounced on I doubt it would have helped much with the swarms of juggs and spitties once we showed up. Which was how its always gonna be when your the biggest threat to the formations.
"Sighhhhhhhhhh, office closed do to ice for a day, And I miss a thread like this.."HiTech
Armed N Hammered 2002-2003
JG44 Night Hawks/JV44 Butcher Birds 2003-2009
49th Fighter Group fightn' 49ers Feb2012-present
138th FW Tulsa, OK 2009-2015

Offline KCDitto

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2015, 02:12:58 AM »
Yea,

The main reason I DID NOT want to lead was my work situation. We were teaching out a bunch of classes where I work and that meant we were SHORT on instructors. That meant that everyone was teaching two classes a day. The class that I teach is 6 hours. With a 1.5 hour break between them, makes for a LONG day.

My wife was scheduled for surgery the Tuesday before so I had that week OFF..... Then the Doctor called and cancelled the surgery. I was going to have to have the time off when she got it. So I went into work and they put me on double shifts. Then Friday night... The kidneystone.... Hospital.... PANIC in the AXIS CAMP   :x

No practices

No meetings..  No, well we did have that one on teamspeak I think it was a meeting   :rofl

I did lay out a basic plan and was confident in the fact that I had good people leading groups.

Waiting for the score.   :pray
Ditto  "WHITE 11"

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2015, 02:22:38 AM »
It was a short "heres what we have to do no do it" meeting/meet and greet lol My shift doesnt allow for practice and im a "by the seat of the pants" kinda guy anyways. my wedding was planned and executed in 2 days time lol the divorce would be faster but the lawyer takes his sweet time on finnally drafting stuff out. lol
"Sighhhhhhhhhh, office closed do to ice for a day, And I miss a thread like this.."HiTech

Offline KCDitto

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2015, 11:59:09 AM »
Paperwork...

Makes everything take longer. 

Ditto  "WHITE 11"

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2015, 01:39:17 AM »
I do enought "AARs" and paper work at work...lol

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2015, 03:35:10 PM »
I do enought "AARs" and paper work at work...lol

Yeah, but no one wants to read your "AAR's" at work.

Here, folks like me like reading your AAR's about scenario action.  :aok