Author Topic: I have a proposal concerning HQs.  (Read 2693 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: I have a proposal concerning HQs.
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2015, 07:19:30 AM »
Longer hanger downtown times!!! THATS JUST WHAT WE NEED!!!
I mean who really wants to actually fly and play the game anyway? I know sitting in the tower is just exhilarating, especially when they kill our FHs and the next closest base is 35 miles away!! That just makes my AH playing time just so much fun!!
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Grin

• Zinc Member
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2015, 07:25:54 AM »
Longer hanger downtown times!!! THATS JUST WHAT WE NEED!!!
I mean who really wants to actually fly and play the game anyway? I know sitting in the tower is just exhilarating, especially when they kill our FHs and the next closest base is 35 miles away!! That just makes my AH playing time just so much fun!!

How do you expect the Rooks and Knights to be able to take a base when the Bish up so many defenders that it takes 20 minutes to knock them all down and the hangars are only down 15?

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2015, 07:29:41 AM »
How do you expect the Rooks and Knights to be able to take a base when the Bish up so many defenders that it takes 20 minutes to knock them all down and the hangars are only down 15?
The current down times have worked since I started playing in 2006-07. It's the ability to up 20 P51 with full ord out of one airfield at once that is the problem...if any at all.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2015, 07:35:02 AM »
Taking down the bish HQ isn't going to slow the attack down at all. Radar isn't important  when they are on the attack. More often than not they horde up and NOE  each base they want. Either that or with a big horde they just roll a base as attrition is unimportant.  No your time would be better spent taking out ords along the front and the ords strat. No bombs force them into cannon birds. 110's and such flown by guys who regularly  lawndart make much easier  prey.

Killing HQ is for attacks only. It for guys who like to fly at 10k but have the advantage of an NOE.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2015, 07:48:20 AM »
Taking down the bish HQ isn't going to slow the attack down at all. Radar isn't important  when they are on the attack. More often than not they horde up and NOE  each base they want. Either that or with a big horde they just roll a base as attrition is unimportant.  No your time would be better spent taking out ords along the front and the ords strat. No bombs force them into cannon birds. 110's and such flown by guys who regularly  lawndart make much easier  prey.

Killing HQ is for attacks only. It for guys who like to fly at 10k but have the advantage of an NOE.
These days taking down the strats, is actually pretty important to normal front line porking. I think that is one area HTC did a great job at, it was the connection between the HQ and the city which was not working with the added minutes which they already took off.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2015, 10:14:16 AM »

Ok here is a base taking strategy that guarantees success.

1. Up 2-4 fighters with cannons
2. up 4 attack planes like 110, or p38s
3. up 2-3 bombers (may not need them)
4. bring goon.

Go to enemy base. Immediately knock down the VH and radar.
send your attackers to De-ack the town and start bombing/strafing the town. 3 P38s can take down a whole town.
Use the fighters to stop any uppers and keep Vulch/Cap on base.
Do your best to get everyone to kill Ack on the entire base and town.
Send in the goon once all is clear.

This will take 10 minutes if your whole team does everything correctly.

You don't have to kill HQ or kills FHs to take bases. It simply takes a coordinated 6-12 people (sometimes less) to kill the town and stop Vehicles from getting out. Enemy Vehicles are wayyyy more crucial to not taking bases than planes are. Keeping a vulch cap is simple and you can use more men to take down the town.

And one more thing. You don't always have to take the most popular field. Killing the FHs on the field that has the biggest furball doesn't always make it easier to capture a base. And most of the time this does nothing but kill the fight and people's fun, when trying to capture these types of bases is the most illogical form of strategy on the map.

You have to go for bases that have no action and are not busy. Go NOE pop up, do what I said.. and BOOM. Easy base take!

« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 10:26:16 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Grin

• Zinc Member
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2015, 05:30:11 PM »
Yeah that works against Knights just fine. As soon as a Bish base flashes the Wirbles multiply and the uppers scramble.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2015, 07:11:54 PM »
Yeah that works against Knights just fine. As soon as a Bish base flashes the Wirbles multiply and the uppers scramble.

IDK man, I personally think the bish are the worst fighter team in the game. They are good at GVs and bombers. That's about it. Besides a few good players who hang around. But if you use that strategy I posted above, you will have a much easier time taking bases. 90% of the time a base doesn't get captured is because they didn't kill the VH first and they wasted the rest of their bombs on the FHs instead of the town. Heck, I wish more bish would up most of the time so I could get a fight in but a lot of times I wind up flying to an empty base...I look for planes to fight and y'all want no fight. So situation is different I guess lol. But I do know how to capture bases.

Oh well cycles come and go.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2015, 09:56:58 PM »
You are so funny, there is not a bit of difference in game play because of the chess piece you call yourself.  :rolleyes:

IDK man, I personally think the bish are the worst fighter team in the game. They are good at GVs and bombers. That's about it. Besides a few good players who hang around. But if you use that strategy I posted above, you will have a much easier time taking bases. 90% of the time a base doesn't get captured is because they didn't kill the VH first and they wasted the rest of their bombs on the FHs instead of the town. Heck, I wish more bish would up most of the time so I could get a fight in but a lot of times I wind up flying to an empty base...I look for planes to fight and y'all want no fight. So situation is different I guess lol. But I do know how to capture bases.

Oh well cycles come and go.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2015, 10:56:46 PM »
You are so funny, there is not a bit of difference in game play because of the chess piece you call yourself.  :rolleyes:

There isn't?!!

I'm sure some of our fine loyal chess peice players will have something to say about that...

I'm sorry.. It's just last time I was on the bish it was the worst 2 days of AH I've had in a while. So I'm just giving them a hard time.

Grin started it!!!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 11:06:26 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2015, 07:23:40 AM »
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy than the Bishop.

O. Kenobi
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!