Author Topic: Web site (Home Page) looks fantastic!  (Read 3996 times)

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Re: Web site (Home Page) looks fantastic!
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2015, 12:37:48 AM »
My apologies Volron.  That was an asinine reply on my behalf.   :(

Coogan

No worries. :aok

I figured it to be one of those "off" times (bad day, brain pain AKA: headach, etc).  I'd be lying if I didn't see a statement made in a similar manner, that kind of tripped me.  Normally; "Oh!  Well ballz...  GOOD JOB BRAIN! :o".  But if it's that one "off" moments; "WTF!?  Why you little.... :bhead".

:)
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2015, 12:39:08 AM »
Both WT and WoWP have artists working exclusively on the promotional art used on their sites and in videos. Compared to these other companies HTC seems long on what is needed for making a game, but short on marketing. Which is very typical for small developers.

HTC has us (the community)

We win

For all the Pzzing and moaning and criticizing on how things are and/or how things are done that everyone does. There is one common thread. For better or worse most do it because they genuinely care about the game and intensely want to see it succeed.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2015, 12:41:16 AM »

We win

For all the Pzzing and moaning and criticizing on how things are and/or how things are done that everyone does. There is one common thread. For better or worse most do it because they genuinely care about the game and intensely want to see it succeed.

Occasionally...not often, but it happens...Jersey people say sensible things.  This is one of those times.  I agree with this.  Mark your calendar, it may not happen again for some years.

- oldman

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2015, 12:48:49 AM »
Both WT and WoWP have artists working exclusively on the promotional art used on their sites and in videos. Compared to these other companies HTC seems long on what is needed for making a game, but short on marketing. Which is very typical for small developers.

Gaijin Entertainment and Wargaming.net are not small developers, they have the cash to hire the artists for their art work and video trailers and to spend millions on marketing and exclusive deals.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2015, 01:27:55 AM »

We win

Indeed, but there's a problem. Yes, HTC has us, the community. However, the community is not nearly what it used to be just a few years ago. HTC needs more than this community. HTC needs new customers, and a steady influx of new customers, like any MMO. They don't need to throw a million $$$ at it, but they must give the whole product a serious facelift, including their marketing and communications. Communications is perhaps their weakest aspect. I had hopes for Hop as a communicator but she has been all but invisible. I'm hoping it's part of a plan and they're just holding back until they've got everything in place for a comeback with a modern looking game with updated UI and everything. I'm hoping.
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2015, 02:23:21 AM »
Could have been done long ago, maybe two weeks or so...........Old way was good this looks better

« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 02:37:14 AM by A8TOOL »

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2015, 02:33:10 AM »
Completely agree with Bustr, yall are like some middle school kids just trying to bash anything that they do.

Then you wonder why there is no one wanting to play the game...

Report to monitor.... in game that helped to dwindle IMO

Still love game though but not conceding

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2015, 05:46:46 AM »
what if the back ground cycled through screen shots?

Yall (HTC) could take the pics from the thread if forget the name its along the lines of, daily exchange of screen shots, and let them cycle through and just add more to it weekly. Id love to post more screens and it would bring more to the page.

Just my opinion but I think it'd be nifty  :aok
"Sighhhhhhhhhh, office closed do to ice for a day, And I miss a thread like this.."HiTech
Armed N Hammered 2002-2003
JG44 Night Hawks/JV44 Butcher Birds 2003-2009
49th Fighter Group fightn' 49ers Feb2012-present
138th FW Tulsa, OK 2009-2015

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2015, 09:35:38 AM »
what if the back ground cycled through screen shots?

Yall (HTC) could take the pics from the thread if forget the name its along the lines of, daily exchange of screen shots, and let them cycle through and just add more to it weekly. Id love to post more screens and it would bring more to the page.

Just my opinion but I think it'd be nifty  :aok

The background image isn't that big a deal as they are using a much bigger main page table for the layout. I'll bet IF a person sees the background they couldn't tell right off what it is. Making the table smaller and filling the background with a more dynamic image would add "pop" to the page. Also, small things like red out lines around the different segments of the page instead of the grey one, or maybe the black/yellow  strips to bring in those "warning" marking on planes.

More could be done, but this is much better than it was before.

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2015, 12:08:03 PM »
I like the look, fresh is good.  I think some big buttons or ready-to-play videos showing in-game action should be there for a new visitor to find in a few seconds without trying hard.

The screen shot link doesn't get me to any pics on my Mac.
AMAX  in game