Author Topic: So what is the mentality behind ack running?  (Read 10587 times)

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
Re: So what is the mentality behind ack running?
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2015, 08:15:35 PM »
I play to fight, and I don't really mind a though fight, those can be the best ones to be had. However, if you want to pick my cherry I'm going to play hard to get.
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2015, 08:45:24 PM »
I play to fight, and I don't really mind a though fight, those can be the best ones to be had. However, if you want to pick my cherry I'm going to play hard to get.
:rofl :aok
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2015, 09:37:09 PM »
What I don't understand is why all the "Hot Shots" think everyone should stay and be a target for them. I die a lot because I'm a lousy pilot, but where and when I die is My $14.95, not yours. Its a part of the game, just deal with it. You talk of the "thrill of the fight" and I'm sure that is is valid to a point, but you are also after the "thrill of the kill" you just wont admit it.

Now I AM an ack hugger, and I'll do it when ever and where ever I deem necessary, nothing personal, it's just way I play the game. To "not die" is part of the objective for me.  :cheers:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2015, 09:38:33 PM »
If someone's ack hugging just up something tough like a F6F or a Jug and drag them out by their gonads sacks.
See Rule #4

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2015, 09:44:32 PM »

I did yes.... spent 10 years before I was 22 locked up...but what does that have to do with my assessment of the situation.

the state of the world....Aces High is just a mini version.... :aok

it's kind of hard for some people to take advice for getting along in civilized society from someone who had to be removed from it because they didn't get along.

this is why i wouldn't confuse the real world with games.

games aren't mini versions of the real world. they are playtime.. recreation.  i tend to think there may be something wrong with people who take them too seriously.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2015, 10:16:53 PM »
it's kind of hard for some people to take advice for getting along in civilized society from someone who had to be removed from it because they didn't get along.

this is why i wouldn't confuse the real world with games.

games aren't mini versions of the real world. they are playtime.. recreation.  i tend to think there may be something wrong with people who take them too seriously.
hmmmmm  it is my humble opinion that what makes a person uniquely qualified to give advice to me is not where one spends their time but how one spends their time. .personally I will take advice from whoever is willing to give it..ultimately it is then my  responsibility to  decide what to do with it ...plz forgive me I've had way too much coffee
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 10:45:05 PM by scott66 »
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2015, 11:47:30 PM »
hmmmmm  it is my humble opinion that what makes a person uniquely qualified to give advice to me is not where one spends their time but how one spends their time. .personally I will take advice from whoever is willing to give it..ultimately it is then my  responsibility to  decide what to do with it ...plz forgive me I've had way too much coffee

i tend to not make broad generalizations about society based on what i see in a video game.

ink does.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2015, 12:31:13 AM »
What you do in a game does not reflect how you are in real life.  In real life I don't think of ways to kill those around me.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2015, 01:07:28 AM »
Well this falls into the "personal style" of playing the game. Like other issues ie vulching , hording, and tower sitting. I will be honest, I do check the roster to see if some players are in game before I take on their usual rides with less than optimal conditions. Not that I am scared of Ink in a ki or ack ack in a 38 or Skyrr in an la or 190, but I feel it is pretty smart :neener: They and others don't need an easy kill and viewing a film in that situation does no good, except to prove you were an idiot! You old time players can probably remember when you yourselves cringed at higher cons in sight right after you took off. The arenas can be a bit harsh for newer players and ack is a descent tool to use, not that it ever helps me much. Besides I have heard all countries gripe about others flying thru ack and not getting killed like they do. So I say, come in low to a field with uppers or follow them into the ack before you label non God like players cowards. It might also help if after you shoot a guy that obviously doesn't have skills you didn't taunt and belittle them in the text buffer? That crap doesn't bother me as I don't check it but I have heard that as an excuse for taking the ho shot and running like a scalded dog. Also the previously named players are not who I am saying does that as I have no idea who it was that did the taunting but just tht I have heard it used as a reason.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2015, 03:05:04 AM »
most people just cant fight there own battles plain and simple...

and Gangs/associations in the real world.....

I personally think and dont care who gets offended....its the core reason this world is in the state that it is in....cowards

this world has been breeding cowards for decades now......who would rather call the cops then take care of themselves.

or jump on someone with there 10 friends....

if the truth hurts....change your reality.

2nd

« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 03:07:13 AM by SPKmes »

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2015, 04:11:54 AM »
most people just cant fight there own battles plain and simple...

that's why there are squads ingame...

and Gangs/associations in the real world.....

I personally think and dont care who gets offended....its the core reason this world is in the state that it is in....cowards

ya I said it cowards...and I mean come on how friggen cowardly do you have to be to worry about a death in a silly game...

this world has been breeding cowards for decades now......who would rather call the cops then take care of themselves.

or jump on someone with there 10 friends....

this game is no different then the world

if the truth hurts....change your reality.

Seriously?  "its the core reason this world is in the state that it is in....cowards"

I'd have said factions.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline jeep00

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2015, 05:51:21 AM »
Some people need to relax. It's a game and other than the time you spend on it, it has no bearing on nor resemblance to real life.

As to ack hugging, I have seen countless accusations of this on 200 from red hordes to those trying to up and defend. And from those hovering at 8k waiting for an upper to dive down upon. I've seen this more than I have seen cons running to it. Likely in part because why would anyone run from me lol.

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2015, 05:55:41 AM »
What I don't understand is why all the "Hot Shots" think everyone should stay and be a target for them.

most of the "hot shots" do not stay and fight when the odds get turned on them

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline pallero

• Copper Member
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2015, 07:47:15 AM »
So what is the mentality behind ack fear?

Ack fear seems to be the norm in AH2 today.  I really wonder what it is that makes people fear the ack all the time? What is going through their minds when they choose to just give up and turn? Is it really all about the score, or is there something I'm missing?
The only reasons that I can think of that people avoid the ack before even trying to fight are to protect their score. I want to believe that people don't run to ack to protect score because score is the most pointless thing in the game and never accurately portrays a players skill (and never will), but there are some people out there that do run just to protect score.
Not everyone runs for score though, right?
No one likes losing, no one likes dying over and over again, but what do you think you're doing by avoiding the ack? Losing! Whether you're getting shot down or avoiding the ack you have lost. There is no difference between the two. Or is it really just that people are truly terrified of dying in a video game? How? Why? If you die, so what? We get unlimited lives in AH2! If you die then just reup! Why is AH2 the only game that I know of where the majority of the players are afraid of fighting? AH2 you get UNLIMITED lives! There is no penalty for dying in this game.

So be brave and dive after the ack hugger.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2015, 08:29:58 AM »
One big advantage of a P-38 is that players get so fixated on trying to kill the 38 it makes it easy to drag them through ak fire, and fun too.