Author Topic: HQ Downtimes set for 5 minutes  (Read 8853 times)

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
Re: HQ Downtimes set for 5 minutes
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2015, 04:59:17 PM »
There is a lot of strategy that goes into these long gv runs. Whether or not you put any stock into that is up to you.

Do it offline, it's the same thing. No resistance, no skill, lots of patience.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2015, 05:07:45 PM »
:aok
Whiners have once again succeeded in neutering the game, in order to make everyone else play the way they want.
IMHO poor choice Hitech, but thanks for the hard work you do.

Since HQ down time has been changed by HTC, that is now "the game the way it's intended so............

To Bozon and Fugi....I understand, in a way, but the game is the game. You either play the game the way it's intended, or go to the DA if all you want to do is a limited part of the game. There's a whole strategic idea to the MA, and while there are many aspects to it, the game(MA) isn't LIMITED to just what you want to do, and frankly, the number of players who want to do the WHOLE thing is far greater than the few who want to do just one or two of them. Frankly, I say play or quit. The game will go on.

Just to be clear, HQ being dropped really affected me very little.  I certainly never logged because of it.  However, because it caused so many players to log, that is what I was affected by.  Either way, I'll be up there in my Trusty TA152, fully fueled.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2015, 05:09:07 PM »
And, I'm very sneaky.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2015, 05:10:15 PM »
Do it offline, it's the same thing. No resistance, no skill, lots of patience.

There is plenty of resistance, if the defenders know it's being attacked.  ANYTHING that is attacked, should flash.  Now if it is flashing and the defenders do nothing, it's on them.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2015, 05:11:14 PM »
Do you even play anymore, where do I hide? WTF are you even talking about?

(Image removed from quote.)

I play every Saturday, usually from 2 pm to at least 11 pm I have a full time job, family and responsibilities that I need to take care of and so I can't log the hours I use to. I have been playing here for close to 12 years. First as MDJOE, then as Fugitive. Look up my score, I've been here for ever, well at least from Tour 21.

I have run THOUSANDS of missions, taking hundreds of bases never once having to hit HQ to get a mission done. The best missions we didn't even take down the hangers, we just fought for it. We didn't hid under DAR, or the lack of it, we came at each base at full alts,  many times from different directions.

So now you know me a bit, who are you?

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2015, 05:12:11 PM »
All the effort for 5 mins down time? Wow the whines must have been loud on this one. Yet another piece of strategy gone from the game. We should just have one map with a big 3 way furball over a tank town.  :furious
Yes we should.

Thank you game owners - good move
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2015, 05:16:52 PM »
I will say that HQ being knocked down very often is what is the fault here. On a big map, killing the HQ without even attacking the the 1st or 2nd infantry of bases on the front lines is pure ridiculous, especially for only one person to achieve. Killing the HQ should be a team effort only when they are in range to win the war for their team.

This isnt about whinning, it's about the frequency of the HQ being down, and the reason why the knocking the HQ down isnt being used effectively to win the war by a team effort.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 05:19:03 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2015, 05:19:24 PM »
Now if it is flashing and the defenders do nothing, it's on them.

If it's flashing, it's mostly too late, no matter what.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Online icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2015, 05:29:09 PM »
No.

Gv's played virtuallyno role in the recent HQ discussions. It wasn't about Gvs killing HQ (which, as already stated, is extremely rare)
It's about general imbalance of 'effort' (single set of buffs) and resulting effects

Actually.....every recent HQ whine thread was the result of GVs.

The problem is that the player base seems to not be able to use deductive reasoning from the easily noticed clues.

This is why we've seen a HQ taken down 4 times for a 5 hour total yet nobody even looked around to find the gv.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2015, 05:37:31 PM »
If it's flashing, it's mostly too late, no matter what.

The amount of time between flashing and being hit by AC is very short, yes.  I meant in terms for things being shelled.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2015, 05:54:38 PM »
I like.  As long as its possible to kill HQ without setting off dar or flashing until its too late to defend it, this is a good solution.  Its still a poke in the eye and with some city bombing, its still an effective target.
AMAX  in game

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2015, 05:56:13 PM »
Great, more excuses for people to sit in the tower instead of up an interceptor.
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2015, 05:59:22 PM »
Great, more excuses for people to sit in the tower instead of up an interceptor.

that's fine, more targets for you and me then  :cheers:
Wag more, bark less.

Offline DR7

• Zinc Member
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2015, 06:26:15 PM »
Bummer liked the way it was

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2015, 06:43:29 PM »
The new dueling trophy.

Duel against the looser having to change his ID to vTWITv for a tour.

We have unlimited lives but, one month living that down will be an eternity of shame in the MA.

Oh!! and you can go vTWITxxv if it becomes a gold standard.

And not showing up for a month will have it's own rewards............... :O

SHawk took the class award with MANPLSR.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.