Author Topic: World of Warships and Armored Warfare.  (Read 57861 times)

Offline DocBrown

• Zinc Member
Re: World of Warships and Armored Warfare.
« Reply #660 on: February 11, 2019, 07:00:37 AM »
We gave the game a fair shot.  It was fun, at first.  Through T3 levels it was a lot of fun.  Each tier after that it got worse and worse.  It did not matter what ship we got.

When you cannot hit anything, but everyone can nail you, it is not fun.

Online rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #661 on: February 11, 2019, 07:27:00 AM »
How can you not fight the mechanics?

I got in a battle with an Atlanta one night, while I was in a Bayern.  I could not hit the Atlanta.  Every round missed, while none of his rounds missed.  He gets 3 cits and before I know it, I am dead and did zero damage to him.

So I go to our squad and tell them about this magnificent cruiser which has zero dispersion.  We all get one and we cannot hit anything.  We get decimated, game after game.  They all but called me a liar and damn near kicked me out of the squad.  The only reason they did not was another squad member came up against an Atlanta and suffered the same fate I did.

Tell me how that is fun?

What is not fun is continuing to play a game without putting even the most basic effort into understanding simple fundamentals.  A citadel hit occurs when you hit the core machinery of a ship with a round that is capable of penetrating it's armor at that angle.  There is no circumstance where the 5 inch guns of a Atlanta can penetrate the citadel of the Bayern.  What you are claiming is mechanically impossible.  Hitting things is mostly dependent on skill.  Just like this game, if you have an off angle target you must lead your shot appropriately.  Given your claims, it seems clear you are unable to grasp this basic concept as well.  Accuracy of guns in the game is roughly modeled on the known dispersion of those guns.  So, while there is plenty to criticize with the game mechanics, your comments are inconsistent with observable fact and reflect your over exaggeration of this ignorance.  If you want to learn how it works, let me know and I'll show you.   

Offline DocBrown

• Zinc Member
« Reply #662 on: February 11, 2019, 01:58:14 PM »
Dismissing what happened is not helping.  Whether or not you chose to believe it is not going to help either.

Like I said, we moved on, so it does not matter.

You do bring up one of the biggest issues with the game.  The inconsistency of it all.  One player has this happen, another does not.  It is all over the map.

You know how many times I heard, "Yeah, Tier # is a biotch! It gets better at the next tier."?  For us, it never did.

I am sure your experience is what you claim.  I have no doubt about that.  And that, to me, is the crux of the problem.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 02:05:03 PM by DocBrown »

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #663 on: February 11, 2019, 02:04:58 PM »
How can you not fight the mechanics?

I got in a battle with an Atlanta one night, while I was in a Bayern.  I could not hit the Atlanta.  Every round missed, while none of his rounds missed.  He gets 3 cits and before I know it, I am dead and did zero damage to him.

So I go to our squad and tell them about this magnificent cruiser which has zero dispersion.  We all get one and we cannot hit anything.  We get decimated, game after game.  They all but called me a liar and damn near kicked me out of the squad.  The only reason they did not was another squad member came up against an Atlanta and suffered the same fate I did.

Tell me how that is fun?

What very likely happened is someone else citadel'd you and it only appeared to have been the Atlanta, this is guaranteed if he was using HE.  As for Bayern, she is not known for accuracy, none of the KM BB's are.  Even Scharnhorst, who has the best accuracy of the KM BB's, isn't that accurate.  It is really noticeable if you are trying to hit someone who's bow/stern on to you.

Hitting things with Atlanta, especially at range, requires a good amount of skill in aiming to do.  This is more obvious against fast and/or nimble targets.  This is a common mistake for a newbie Atlanta player.  They see her wreck house in a match and/or get wrecked by one, go and get her themselves, only to get punished badly trying to treat her like any other cruiser.  She doesn't play to your style, you play to her's.

Mind you the following is fairly old, but it will at least give you a basic understanding on HOW to use Atlanta:

BFT is the most critical skill you will want on her.  The rest is up to you, though some will be obvious picks. :)
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline DocBrown

• Zinc Member
« Reply #664 on: February 11, 2019, 02:15:48 PM »
Maybe I screwed up and called the wrong ship.  It was definitely a CA and spamming AP like no tomorrow.  I could get close enough before it took me out.  Yes, the Bayern is notorious for its dispersion issues, but close up its secondaries are pretty good, if your Captain is outfitted correctly.

You just have to get it close which is a challenge in of itself.

I could have sworn it was an Atlanta though.

If everyone would stop saying it was going to get better at higher tiers, it might not have been as frustrating.  We had U.S., Japan, and German boats.  At T8, none of the could hit the broad side of a barn consistently.  It was not an aiming issue either.  They were simply inconsistent.

Offline DocBrown

• Zinc Member
« Reply #665 on: February 11, 2019, 02:31:02 PM »
For the sake of argument, let's just say that the 5 of us were just bad at the game.

I do not know how to explain how we could be so competitive at T3 and so bad at T8, but maybe you pros can.  I only have about 3,400 battles under my belt.  Maybe that is not enough to get good at it.  You tell me.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #666 on: February 11, 2019, 03:11:17 PM »
The only way to gauge you is to divi up and take you through some matches.  However, if you divi with me it will be Co-Op and Operation matches.  High tier Co-Op will cost you if you do not do really well, much more so if you don't run premium time.  So if you don't have the creds to splash, it's going to be rough.  If you want someone to take you through Random, then the others will probably do it.  Rabbit did make an offer, so it appears you can hit him up for Random matches. :aok
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #667 on: February 11, 2019, 03:33:51 PM »
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 03:44:29 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #668 on: February 11, 2019, 03:39:27 PM »
Maybe I screwed up and called the wrong ship.  It was definitely a CA and spamming AP like no tomorrow.  I could get close enough before it took me out.  Yes, the Bayern is notorious for its dispersion issues, but close up its secondaries are pretty good, if your Captain is outfitted correctly.

If everyone would stop saying it was going to get better at higher tiers, it might not have been as frustrating.  We had U.S., Japan, and German boats.  At T8, none of the could hit the broad side of a barn consistently.  It was not an aiming issue either.  They were simply inconsistent.
Wouldnt be the ATL then, they rely on HE for battle ships and only use AP against cruisers showing their sides at 7k or less furthermore your guns will out range almosyt all cruisers you face at the Bayer's tier additionally if you are getting shredded there is no harm in hiding behind an island..but this is all moot as some games just dont give enjoyment to all people and there is no problem with that. best to move on and find one that does tickle your pickle.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #669 on: February 11, 2019, 03:44:03 PM »

not to stir anything up but what is your understanding of the gunsights and how they work? The numbers to the left of center on the sight is time to target and to the right is distance to target once you get the time to target down, reading of speed judged by the smoke coming form the stacks and checking the angle of the targeted ship on the mini map all it should take is practice. Again not to sir anything up frustration can ruin a game and make it a chore at that point its best to just walk away.

The ATL and its siblings the Sims and Kidd are troll Botes though and I really enjoy playing them lol.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 03:48:24 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline DocBrown

• Zinc Member
« Reply #670 on: February 12, 2019, 06:34:51 AM »
Never had a problem aiming.  Rounds fall all around where I aim.  Sometimes one out of 8 land on the target.  Other times 2 out of 8.

When one round falls to the bow and the other falls to the stern from one gun mount, and the very next volly from that gun mount falls short and long of the mid ship, how do you compensate for that?  Not saying every volly was like that, but that type of inconsistency is maddening.  It only got that bad as I got to the higher tiers.  Heck, in the Wyoming I was last of my side against 4 other ships and won the game.  I can aim.  Sure there were times I misjudged the speed or angle of the ship and missed, but compensation was easy.

There were players in other squads who tried to help.  We did not just give up and walk away.  We liked the game.  We asked for help and got help.  Most of all them were left scratching their heads.  One of them had said he had seen it happen before.  Even he said there was no rhyme or reason for it.

When it came to dispersion all I could do is shrug my shoulders.  There never seemed to be anything consistent about it or I never could figure it out.  Angles and distance did not seem to be much of a factor.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #671 on: February 12, 2019, 06:25:14 PM »
you guys forget a hit depends on RNG and another for damage.  it's just that simple.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.