Author Topic: Halls of the Improbable  (Read 2326 times)

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
Re: Halls of the Improbable
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2015, 03:35:16 PM »
I once landed right next to an enme v-base and hung out while a storch looked for me, found me, landed next to me, started shooting at me, I bailed and ran over with my 45, kaboom.
Pies not kicks.

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2015, 04:43:19 PM »
I once landed right next to an enme v-base and hung out while a storch looked for me, found me, landed next to me, started shooting at me, I bailed and ran over with my 45, kaboom.
Yes!!!!!
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2015, 08:32:59 PM »
No successful landing but you can perform a dead stick takeoff when the CV turns because the cruiser speeds up big time.

Offline Grin

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2015, 03:29:48 AM »
I made f1nucane auger his Spitfire last night while he was trying to close on my Pony D from behind. Left snaproll at 800ft with a recovery that pulled me high right made him go boom.

Nobody uses the P51 to its utmost abilities  :)

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2015, 04:19:56 AM »
Doing a backflip in a jeep and landing on the wheels. have done this a few times now  :D

Getting a Jeep on top of the tower.

Landing an 800 yard shot on someone with a tater and having it actually kill them!  :x

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2015, 05:13:06 AM »
I intentionally killed a P-38J using a C-47.  Used the terrain as my weapon and his greed over the "free" C-47 kill to bait him into an nonrecoverable flight position resulting in controlled flight into terrain.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2015, 05:48:36 AM »
Land 262 on a carrier...

Actually I tested it once for a scenario to check substitution of Hawker Sea Hawk. AFAIR with reasonable wind it was quite possible to takeoff from a carrier. Landing was possible as well but incident rate was too high.
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2015, 08:27:28 AM »
This is great stuff guys.

I'll add another.  I was dueling a Zero low in a P-40.  He was gonna get me.  I was low and slow. I dumped the flaps, wiggled between a few trees finally skidded on the ground.  Looking to my right I could not believe what I saw.  He did the same.  We'd both landed on a partial incline of a hill and his plane was directly to my right (45 degrees) just feet from each other.  It was hilarious!  :lol

Delighted with this unique circumstance we agreed not to get pistols and get out and duel.  Saluted each other and went on our way.
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2015, 10:45:27 AM »
I've forced many an overshoot by dropping gear and driving on the ground for a few seconds before coming back up and shooting the other guy down.

Online Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2015, 10:47:32 AM »
Once accidentally ditched a P38 into the ground on an incline while 1v1ing another plane.  As I sat there with my nose pointed in the air, I watched the bandit flying closer and closer to my pipper.  Pulled the trigger at the appropriate time and shot him down.

Also once got a safe ditch on a 262 with no vstab, just floated down from 20kish like a leaf and skidded into the water.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2015, 11:25:38 AM »
Getting a Jeep on top of the tower.

Landing a B-29 on a CV, still need to do it for an enemy CV and need to get it into the CV hangar.

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2015, 11:39:16 AM »
Rudder and vertical stab broken off of my 163 from collision with KI-67 at 30k alt. Floated down, hit the ground, broke up and turned upside down. I was very low on perks, too far away from my base to ditch, and bish were about to win the war. So just sat there until bish won the war and got all my perks back.  :cheers:

92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2015, 03:21:01 PM »
1) In a formation of Ju-88's, reversed and killed a Spit without losing a drone. I pulled a complete loop, this caused my drones to warp and he went after them.  I dropped out of the loop onto the Spit's six and shot him down with my forward gun.  Never left the pilot's position and didn't lose a drone.  (Most improbable, unrealistic and cheesy move ever, but one of those "wonder if this can be done" things.)  Had to be a serious WTF moment for the Spit driver.

2) Killed a set of Tu-2s from 4K away with a Shore Battery.  Hit the center bomber and took the inside wings off the two drones.  Probably my most improbable single shot ever, given the distance (4K), deflection (30 degrees), direction of travel (away from my position) and the result (killing all 3 birds).

3) "Landed" (successfully ditched) a Storch on top of the Radar Tower.  Thought it could be done, but it took many attempts, so I put it in the realm of improbable.
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2015, 04:44:23 PM »
The shore battery creates a temporary bomb crater in the air when you hit a plane with it.

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2015, 05:13:39 PM »
When I hit a plane with the SB the shell didn't explode, just broke the p38 in two.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck