Author Topic: McCain weighs in on the A-10 debate  (Read 3764 times)

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
Re: McCain weighs in on the A-10 debate
« Reply #120 on: July 06, 2015, 11:15:59 PM »
Doesn't mean your perception matches the reality of its effectiveness.
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Great men are forged in fire; it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flames.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #121 on: July 06, 2015, 11:35:39 PM »
I agree with Ranger statement about the A-10 being a life saver. Also DaveBB most of us Groundpounders would rather have an A-10 over us than a F-14 any day of the week. I have had 2 doing gun runs on a 5 story building right next to me. I say if the Air force doesn't want them, give them to the Army. We will fly them till the wings fall off.

This is the opinion I trust. No one understands what the guys on the ground ACTUALLY need better than the GUYS ON THE GROUND.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #122 on: July 07, 2015, 12:53:49 AM »
This is the opinion I trust. No one understands what the guys on the ground ACTUALLY need better than the GUYS ON THE GROUND.

if you ask the guys on the ground other than the almost 100% why we here let's go home,  you would get 1000's of different opinions.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline 10thmd

• Silver Member
« Reply #123 on: July 07, 2015, 01:09:28 AM »
Doesn't mean your perception matches the reality of its effectiveness.

No but having seen F16's, A-10's,AC130's all in action. Nothing can do the job done like a ground pounder needs like the A10 Period. F-16s flew to high to identify targets without laser guidance 90% of the time. The one exception to this was a single pilot by the call sign of Whitehorse 20.He would get down low and slow blowing the tops off of mud huts with his exhaust. If they want to phase out the A10 let them design a full CAS replacement from the ground up.       
- Der Wander Zirkus -
“You can all go to hell; I will go to Texas