Author Topic: Report of F35A vs F16Cblk40 goes public  (Read 13253 times)

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
Re: Report of F35A vs F16Cblk40 goes public
« Reply #210 on: August 20, 2015, 09:01:35 AM »
Now THIS is a simpit!

Wow... this guys play AH3  (see at 1:01) :rofl

You know guys...

I think this weapon set looks much better:

(Credit: http://theaviationist.com/2015/08/19/infographic-russia-pak-fa-armament/)

It is stealthy, has more armament in A2A and A2G stealthy modes, most likely cost less or same as F-35 and super maneuverable...

:neener:

:bolt:
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #211 on: August 20, 2015, 09:14:35 AM »
It's a POS and Putin knows it. He's cutting production to almost nothing, and is withholding vital information from his production partners in India.
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #212 on: August 20, 2015, 04:40:47 PM »
I get what your saying re that capability yes. Personally I think the F-22 should have continued production until it could entirely replace the F-15. Its certainly a very capable air to air fighter from what I know of it. There were only 195 built however.

...It would have made more sense to produce 3 aircraft: one an air superiority fighter with some a-g capability and then a dedicated multi-role fighter-bomber to do strike and then a dedicated CAS a/c. Trying to do all 3 in one airframe and then on top of that requiring it to be V/STOL and Stealthy was over reach. I oppose the notion that you need CAS aircraft that are super complex and expensive. That role should be done by a large # of less expensive yet capable airframes that can be afforded in some quantity. A-10, MB-339, Alpha Jet, Hawk 200s are examples of that...I am sure a new and better plane could have been produced those are just rough examples. The notion that a CAS airframe needs to be supersonic capable and Stealthy is insane imho. You can't afford to lose any and they are not well suited for the role.

I am going to add that the V/STOL is an almost completely useless capability for a modern jet aircraft. Not once since the Harrier came into service has it ever taken off vertically from some rough forward base to provide CAS to anybody. Its a gimmick that has no use in a real war and it was a huge mistake to require the F-35 to be able to perform it. The Assault Ships should be equipped with helos only and use the Carriers for cover which is what would happen anyways and the USAF/USN and no other air force has any use for V/STOL at all.  I like the AV-8B its a fine strike a/c but its replacement does not need a vertical takeoff or landing capability. Not for the handful that would be deployed at sea on assault ships.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 05:37:41 PM by Squire »
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #213 on: August 20, 2015, 08:49:09 PM »
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #214 on: August 20, 2015, 09:42:25 PM »
artik, this is the true definition of an AH, AH2, AH3 player right there at 1:19 into the vid. They got their "slouch chair" on! :)

Offline Lab Rat 3947

• Silver Member
« Reply #215 on: August 20, 2015, 10:19:46 PM »
wrong thread
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 10:21:19 PM by Lab Rat 3947 »
LtngRydr
14th FG Grounded

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #216 on: August 22, 2015, 06:24:29 AM »
 :rock

No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #218 on: August 22, 2015, 08:50:49 AM »
Such simulation is only as good as the data u put into it. I doubt that anyone can get enough accurate data from both the F-35 program, the Su-35 and the weapons and support systems to make the simulation accurate. I would not draw any conclusions from that article.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #219 on: August 22, 2015, 08:09:00 PM »
War is Boring cant seem to make up its mind.

Agreed - a while ago they ran an article which said "China can defeat the Americans in Battle", followed shortly by another titled "China's military is a paper dragon".   Uh...ok.

I wonder why articles based on a video game, Command/Naval-air ops, basically a Harpoon analogue, are being published in a manner which is meant to suggest they can be at all accurate?  Even simulations run by the defense department and think tanks are taken with large grains of salt due to their limitations, but using a video game, and writing articles pontificating about the results?  Lame.  It's not the first time WiB has pulled this stunt either, they did the same thing with Command/Ops, writing an article about how the Chinese Navy could defeat the USN in the South China Sea, all based on the results from the game - which was being played by a pretty noobish player/writer to start with, not that this fact makes any difference regarding the legitimacy of info and data gleaned from a PC game which is then applied to real world combat discussions.

I did like one line one of WiB's writers came up with - "Is information the new 9g?". I think that really sums up the F35 debate pretty well. 
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 08:12:57 PM by Gman »

Offline Mitchell

• Copper Member
« Reply #220 on: September 07, 2015, 11:52:44 AM »
http://www.duffelblog.com/2015/08/f-35-loses-dogfight-to-red-baron/

Lol. In all seriousness, I wonder what they will say when it losses its head to head with the A-10 in a year or 2?

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #221 on: September 15, 2015, 04:42:06 PM »
More stuff Predator will love.  Seems like it just isn't ready yet, not so much that it's going to be total crap, just many, many years behind where it's supposed to be, and that NO variant is ANYWHERE near being combat ready right now.  Pretty horrifying results that are impossible to refute so far as current combat readiness, and these tests had HUGE benefits in favor of the F35, tons of extra contractors on scene, V22s chopped to a mission of standy only for parts for the F35s, extra contractors at every base in the excersice/test, and so, piles of extra support that will NOT be around in a true combat environment.  Yet it still fell right on its face.  Brutal.

http://www.pogo.org/our-work/straus-military-reform-project/weapons/2015/pentagon-testing-office-calls-foul.html?referrer=http://t.co/q47smXsCvI

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/not-a-big-suprise-the-marines-f-35-operational-test-wa-1730583428

http://warisboring.com/articles/we-have-proof-the-u-s-air-force-watered-down-the-f-35-to-avoid-embarrassment/
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 04:45:43 PM by Gman »