Author Topic: New Planes  (Read 4926 times)

Offline vHACKv

• Copper Member
      • Hack YouTube Channel!
Re: New Planes
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2015, 01:32:16 PM »
Just wondering if there are any new planes in the making ?

Isn't there a forum for this?
Your HQ tears are my fuel

-Starting a profile with your E-mail address while trying to make fun of someone is not a good idea. You will end up with a "V" in front of your name, and we all know only idiots have "V's" in front of their names. (you can't ever change your profile name)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2015, 01:58:22 PM »
Gloster Meteor only fought against V2s... I thought HTC only allowed planes who fought against other enemy (manned ofc) planes... :headscratch:
Mk III did ground attacks on the continent.

One almost got a Storch in the air, but the Storch managed to get on the ground and the crew out before the jet came back.

Further, it was on an HTC poll.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2015, 02:12:23 PM »
Mk III did ground attacks on the continent.

One almost got a Storch in the air, but the Storch managed to get on the ground and the crew out before the jet came back.

Further, it was on an HTC poll.

The V2 was a ballistic missile that couldn't be shot down at the time.  :devil

If we get the Meteor, then we need V1 buzz bombs to shoot down.  :rock
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2015, 03:47:12 PM »
KI-100
Spitfire V LF

Nuff said!  :old:
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2015, 05:41:45 PM »
Any time Hitech adds a new plane or has an AH1 model updated, it buys him about 1 week of peace and quiet. If you change (1 model new\updated) to (x models new\updated), it still only gives him 1 week of peace and quiet.

AH3 might get him a month while you guys find un thought of ways to break it and finesse it against each other. At the end of that month, it won't have mattered that the AH1 models have all been updated along with what ever new models get rolled out with it.

After more than a decade with this game, I am starting to believe gnats have longer attention spans than human gamers seeking their gamey fix.

Gamers Creed: What have you done for me 30 seconds ago.......
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2015, 06:14:37 PM »
Oh buster with the over dramatic posts.

Games which use the subscription monetary model have always been seen as an investment. When people feel like their investment isn't worth the return they then stop putting up the capital. As the saying goes: Live by the sword, die by the sword.

It's true you can give the customer everything they want and soon enough they'll wants something else. But as stated above. That's the business HTC is in.

I don't know if you've ever played a game other than Aces High. But to be blunt, Aces High's development has always seemed to be at a leisurely pace in respect to other titles which I've invested in, even by independent development standard (this is just my observation and not to be critical).Therefore customers get frustrated and the already loud voices only get louder. Though it could be worse, there could be no voices left to make noise.

I've heard great things about Aces High 3 and I cannot wait to see all of HTC's hard work pay-off.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 08:01:30 PM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2015, 06:27:48 PM »
Yours rather more over powers my salient time based observation about this game.

Hitech can only buy a hero's reward from players such as yourself for maybe a week at a time. Then he is a looser goat until he buy's your goodwill for another week with another toy. The more toys used to buy good will, the less charitable the players. I've seen this in most games because of the gamers creed to feed the fix.

Hitech seems to not feel the need to be held hostage by it. You obviously are.   
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2015, 06:41:29 PM »
Games which use the subscription monetary model have always been seen as an investment. When people feel like their investment isn't worth the return they then stop putting up the capital. As the saying goes: Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Yep, you're spot on.

"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2015, 06:42:12 PM »
Fw190A9 with the TS engine, some faster than the A8, more armour to protect oil cooler, and built in significant numbers.
Gloster Gladiator and Cr42.
La-7 with 2 guns only and a 1-perked 3-gun version.

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2015, 07:05:12 PM »
Oh buster with the over dramatic posts.

It's true you can give the customer everything they want and soon enough they'll wants something else.

I don't know if you've ever played a game other than Aces High. But to be blunt, Aces High's development has always seemed to be at a leisurely pace in respect to other titles which I've invested in, even by independent development standard. Therefor customers get frustrated and the already loud voices only get louder.

I've heard great things about Aces High 3 and I cannot wait to see all of HTC's hard work pay-off.

Well said.   :aok

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2015, 07:23:05 PM »
I'd prefer the J2M2 over the J2M3

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2015, 07:41:23 PM »
bustr,

I'm pretty sure I've gone longer than a week without asking HTC for something, ok maybe no more than two weeks... Get it ;)

On a serious note. You come across as ignorant by painting me with the same brush as those who can only be satisfied week by week. For the best part of five years I was content learning the art of  aerial combat via the Aces High service. Sure I foolishly posted the odd plane suggestion in the wishlist forum every time my immature excitement of wanting to experience something new got the better of me, but who hasn't? Personally my main reason for unsubscribing from Aces High was due to dwindling  player base having an effect on my personal game play. Would I still be subscribed to Aces High if the numbers were still at their peak? Who knows.

Let's me be frank. HiTech is a business man. He's selling a product to feed his family, heat his home, maybe even enjoy the finer things in life. If his product begins to become stale then it's his prerogative to make it once again appeal to his chosen target audience. People like you and I, who've put many years into one game are very, very rare. I'm sure HiTech knows roughly the duration of his average customer's stay. Let me ask you this: Would you still subscribed to Aces High if it was still using the very first release candidate? If I was going to hazard a guess I would probably say not.

As it happens, I just read an article which stated the game under the title of Star Citizen has surpassed $84 million in funding. So I find you're analogy about: "more toys used to buy good will, the less charitable the players." falls absolutely, positively, comprehensively flat on its face.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 07:50:49 PM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2015, 07:55:40 PM »
D.520!!!
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2015, 11:36:27 PM »
I'd prefer the J2M2 over the J2M3
Why so?  J2M5 would be, from a performance standpoint, the better choice, but so few were made.  The largest production run was the J2M3 and J2M3a (J2M3 has two Type 99 Model II cannons, type on the A6M5 and N1K2-J, and two Type 99 Model 1 cannons, the type on the A6M2, A6M3 and G4M1 while the J2M3a has four Type 99 Model II cannons) which could be combined by simply having armament options.

What do you see as the advantage of doing the J2M2?
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2015, 09:51:39 AM »
I said nothing of advantage.

I've been flying both for over 10 years.

Do we really need another 4x cannon monster late war plane with crazy power to weight ratio in the arena?

That said, I would love to see the KI44.