Author Topic: A challenge for tactical players  (Read 892 times)

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
A challenge for tactical players
« on: July 02, 2015, 07:01:38 AM »
Yesterday i logged on with the intention of getting some gunnery practice in buffs for about an hour. I was immediately asked by a player(49Dallas) if I was willing to take a base. Despite the criticism I have faced on bbs for how and why i play I could not turn down the request!

I upped a set of 29's a sector away from the target with what i consider a standard base take load out. (40x500lb & 25% fuel) I remember asking if there would be any help and was told there would be. I wanted to just focus on WF abd shuttig the base down without having to deack it.

My first pass presented a beautiful line up on VH, Bh, and FH Dar hanger that lead right to the main(W-E) strip of buildings in town with a slight dog leg left turn. In order to accurately drop and give myself time to make course correction and switch salvos after hanger I dropped at 180mph. During this first pass I observed 3 friendly fighters and 4 nme fighters all low with several friendly and nme gv's. I called for a deack but it never materialized.

I do not like to extend when on this type of run. Quick yo-yo turns are critical to keeping hangers in sync. As i began my 2nd pass all friendly air cover was gone and had respawned as gv's. At this point im getting irritated. Drop the remaining 2 FH and set up for a final pass on town at this point begging on range for a deacker. About 30 seconds from my 2nd drop on town a P-40 had managed to climb up to 11k and began firing from my 6. I easily dispatched him, went back to the tube and Wfluffied the town.

With no deackers in sight at this point im now getting pissed off. I quickly drop to the deck and began deacking the town while under fire from nme fighters and a B25H. With the help of an ostwind I managed to gun down 5 guns while he destroyed 2 and I was lucky enough to dispatched the B25. A few minutes later we had the base as Vh and FH began to pop.

So here is the challenge. Wf/deack/FH/VH shutdown at a small airfield in under 15 minutes with only 3 guys at a well defended base. Any plane set i just recommend 29's, deacker, and m3 to stand the best chance!

Dont talk crap on this thread. Lets see it done... surely I am not the only one who can pull this off in fact i know im not. Lets see it :neener:

393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
Re: A challenge for tactical players
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 10:05:27 AM »
why shouldn't we talk crap at another look at me thread, lol
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 10:18:11 AM »
MrCrowly is a much better base taker than you.   :banana:
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 10:20:25 AM »
oooh...my....gawwwwd....a muppet just owned you  :noid
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 10:24:41 AM »
I do not like to extend when on this type of run. Quick yo-yo turns are critical to keeping hangers in sync.

This is where any semblance of realistic flight model goes out the window.  What would happen to the gunners and especially the bombs still in the racks when bombers do this kind of high angle maneuvering?  Lancs and especially TU-2s do all manner of loops and steep dives and climbs; all while keeping their drones and being able to drop bombs and defend themselves.  The gunners would be thrown all over the place and bomb racks would most likely get bent up pulling Gs with the bombs still in them.  Pfffft.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 10:47:26 AM »
This is where any semblance of realistic flight model goes out the window.

No.  This means one aspect of the flight model is unrealistic, probably due to not having been modeled at all.  The rest of the flight model is generally pretty dang realistic I'd say.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 10:51:39 AM »
No.  This means one aspect of the flight model is unrealistic, probably due to not having been modeled at all.  The rest of the flight model is generally pretty dang realistic I'd say.

That's what I meant, not the entire flight model. 
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 11:18:06 AM »
If you have to drop hangers to take a base, then you are doing it wrong. :rolleyes:

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2015, 11:51:25 AM »
Is there any money in it?
Pies not kicks.

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2015, 12:01:43 PM »
Is there any money in it?
Honestly wish it were possible but money bets off limits :cheers:

For video proof that can be used to showcase the game id be willing to throw in some subscriptions :devil

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2015, 12:12:25 PM »
If you have to drop hangers to take a base, then you are doing it wrong. :rolleyes:

That is a matter of opinion I dont agree with especially in the scenario i described at the top of the thread. Friendly tanks bogged down at the spawn. 4 nme aircraft w/ords to our 3 fighters who couldnt get town deacked and were shot down before the base was shut down.

By shutting the base down and shoiting down a few nme aircraft it allowed the gv's to cleanthe rest up and destroy to town guns.

If i would have left the fh's up as close as base was to town we never would have secured the airspace allowing the m3  to Highstep into the endzone!

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2015, 12:37:35 PM »
Bombers, 4 fighters and gvs... congrats, u manage to horde a base..
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2015, 12:41:06 PM »
Another turd-thread
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2015, 04:15:01 PM »
And here I thought the challenge was going to be to engage in cartoon combat with another player.

My hopes and dreams smashed again.......
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2015, 04:40:25 PM »
Bombers, 4 fighters and gvs... congrats, u manage to horde a base..
1 bomber, 2 gv's

Why does your level of forum trolling get worse with each thread? :bhead

CO-Fine
XO-KO