Author Topic: geology exercise  (Read 699 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Re: geology exercise
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2015, 11:15:47 AM »
---> Might be considered Geology Exercise...

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2015, 11:17:34 AM »
It's an eroded curling stone.  It's just that the close-up makes it look much larger than it is.  You can see where the handle broke off at the top which is probably why the Neanderthals left it.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline jeep00

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2015, 06:21:26 PM »
I mean that I meant to post this in the O'club.

My uneducated guess is that it is stratified sandstone which is a freshwater sedimentary rock. Which means it was once the bottom of a big lake. I really don't know. I was hoping somebody here had some geology to teach us.

Try "How the Earth was Made" or some such Discovery show. There was some bizarre stuff on things like landmass here in the US that waz the same as some in some really remote area of some continent. Really cool stuff I can't put my brain cells on more specifically right now. But it wasn't through the expected sources like glacial movement which is part of why it was so cool.

Offline homersipes

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2015, 06:42:12 PM »
From the point of looking at it on my computer, hard to say not being able to look at how dense it is or how the layers are on it, it looks like a massive piece of leaver rite.  its pretty hard to determine with out being there but I would say its a piece of leaver rite where ya found it  :D