Author Topic: can someone post the accepted skins?  (Read 2892 times)

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
Re: can someone post the accepted skins?
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2015, 02:16:23 PM »
I'd like to make a couple of suggestions:

When some files have been successfully updated the page gives links to either the skin submission page or the log-in page. It would save some time with multiple update submissions if there was a link to the skins update page as well.

While we can update all the files for a skin now there is no way of adding or editing the history text as you can with a new submission.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2015, 02:34:37 PM »
I'd like to make a couple of suggestions:

When some files have been successfully updated the page gives links to either the skin submission page or the log-in page. It would save some time with multiple update submissions if there was a link to the skins update page as well.

Are you talking about the link from the "Updated" panel, which currently points at the released skin? 

If that is the case, that is a bit of the problem.  The "updated" information is not really there.  In order to make this work, the utility creates a pseudo submission which has no link to anything in the system (not even in the database) as I have to manually create a lot of things in order for a skin update to really happen.

Basically, it has to do with what happens in the background, which is rather extensive to update a skin in the game.

While we can update all the files for a skin now there is no way of adding or editing the history text as you can with a new submission.

I can add the text information text field to the update list.  Give me a bit.  It is a little more complicated for that one.

The name of the skin will never be available for updating.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2015, 02:45:07 PM »
What I could do is provide the list of files, which have been submitted in the update.  That will take some time.  Let me think on it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2015, 02:48:03 PM »
I mean when you get the "Congratulations! Your skin updates have been accepted!" message there are two links.

The first one takes you to the new skin's submission page, you can't get out of that without submitting a new skin so its fairly useless in this case.

The second link takes you to the log-in screen. I was thinking it would just save me a few clicks each time if there was a link to take me straight back to the skins update page. It is not a big deal, after this bulk load of existing images is uploaded I'll probably only be doing one update at a time anyway.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2015, 02:49:53 PM »
I mean when you get the "Congratulations! Your skin updates have been accepted!" message there are two links.

The first one takes you to the new skin's submission page, you can't get out of that without submitting a new skin so its fairly useless in this case.

The second link takes you to the log-in screen. I was thinking it would just save me a few clicks each time if there was a link to take me straight back to the skins update page. It is not a big deal, after this bulk load of existing images is uploaded I'll probably only be doing one update at a time anyway.

Ahhh,...my bad.  I'll have that fixed in a minute.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2015, 02:53:45 PM »
Okay, the links should work better now.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2015, 03:05:45 PM »
Thanks for bringing up the main page option.  I needed to update that page as well.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2015, 03:53:38 PM »
The name of the skin will never be available for updating.

In this case I have a problem, Skuzzy.

One of my first 109G-2 skins has a typo in its name (9./Jg52 should be 9./Jg54). I have brought this up with you a couple of times in the past when referencing the ability to update skins. Since renaming the skin can't be done, could it be possible to completely delete this skin from the lineup. I was planning on a complete update of this scheme anyway, so considering that every other bit of it will be new, I might just as well submit it as a new skin.

It really doesn't matter how, but I want the correct name with the associated skin. You have no idea how much it bugs me to see that incorrect skin name.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 03:55:13 PM by Devil 505 »
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2015, 04:13:00 PM »
For that type of correction, you will need to contact me about it and I can make that change.

The reason the name is not going to be allowed to be edited is to prevent people from adopting skins, and then creating an entirely different skin to replace an existing one.

Yes, adoption is coming soon too.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese