Author Topic: New guy with old problems.  (Read 4109 times)

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Re: New guy with old problems.
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2015, 12:52:26 AM »
Welcome to AH Art !! :salute
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2015, 09:20:25 AM »
Hello Art (your AH tag wasn't ArtLaw was it?),

I also have the X52.  Just let me know if you really want the profiles, as they are pretty much very easy to configure in AH.  The views for each vehicle is more of a rub, because you need to adjust every single vehicle / aircraft in order to get the custom look you prefer.  My preference for head position in all my vehicles is also dependent on my custom field of view, but still more than happy to share.

I do suggest that you do two things with you X52 that will make you extremely more thankful  :banana: that you did them.  The first is this 3 minute magnet mod, with no glue, pliers, measuring tape necessary.  It is just as simple as in the video, and takes less time than watching the video to do.  All you need are the exact type of magnets that he recommends (which I found at Home Depot for a couple of bucks).  https://youtu.be/-JGZSx7UaVU

The other is to place an O shaped shim between the spring and grip.  Do not take apart, just slit one side of the O using flexible plastic (others have recommended the top for case of blank CD, cutout using circular drill bit) and pull down on the spring and insert (more than one can be used to increase center spring back / hold position).

What I have described above will greatly improve the precision control and reduce the nose bounce.

Offline Yankee67

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2015, 11:42:19 AM »
Welcome to the digital crack den.    :devil
Y67 (6/2/13 - 9/17/13)            8thJinx (9/17/13 -   )

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943. Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Article_86

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2015, 11:22:01 AM »
I want to thank everyone for the tips.  Unfortunately I've been pulled away by something called "life" and "Windows".  My attempts to get everything working right will continue shortly.  I haven't given up yet.

- Art
"Yesterday, upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away." - Antigonish - 1899,  poet Hughes Mearns