Author Topic: GTX970 card vs GTX980ti  (Read 6316 times)

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Re: GTX970 card vs GTX980ti
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2015, 12:35:58 AM »
I just had a tough time deciding on a video card and it came down to the 970  and 390 8gb. Both were the same price and I went with the 390. It might be something to look into if you decide on the 970 , unless your a nvidia  guy .  I can honestly say I try to go for the best bang for the buck no matter who makes it , and right now at $329 , i think the 390 is that card.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2015, 01:23:29 PM »
I'm not interested in percentages. When you start seeing UHD monitors in the 40" range drop to $350-450, which I believe will be this Thanksgiving, then you can ask yourself if you want to upgrade. I believe that is when the transition will begin. I still remember wishing I could afford a 21" monitor when they were $5,000 or more. But once you try a 40" you will realize that the 21", 23", 24", or 27" were nice in their day, but it's a new day now. I was happy with three 24" monitors, and then 28" and so on, but moving to the single larger screen was (is) inevitable. Each in his own time.

Chalenge, have they started to address the motion blurr?

I was all set to jump on the 4k bandwagon but I found that the only improvement was the resolution,they still have motion blurr and input lag out the wazoo!

I have been using a 55 in LG for several years now,it's a 120hz unit at 1080p,however I see motion blurr,mostly when moving views and TIR made me nausea because of the blurring icons.

I was hoping with the new OLED screens they would have reduced blurr but the reports I read say thats not the case.

I'm wondering what your VA screen is like,size isnt an issue for me as I use a wall mount! A homemade flight chair allows me to position myself at any distance and with my eyesight I need to be atleast 30 inches away to see clearly,well what I consider clear,any closer and it's all but impossible for me to see without glasses.

:salute

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2015, 01:53:39 PM »
Many of the current triple A game titles cannot be played at 4K resolutions without turning down many of the graphic options simply due to the number of pixels.  Even the NVidia 980Ti card is struggling with many games at that resolution.

I think I am going to wait another generation of video cards before looking at a UHD monitor.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2015, 02:23:52 PM »
I am using the Philips BDM4065UC, which may not be the best solution (I think better are coming this fall), but I could not pass up the price I was offered. This monitor is 60Hz, but by default it is only 30Hz. When I first started playing AH I had a flat screen that suffered so badly from ghosting in AH that I almost gave up. That is not the case with this monitor. I read a fairly detailed review of the screen before purchasing, and the details had me a little worried, but it practice it has not been an issue. I really helped reduce the number of cables I had running across the desk, too. You can read more about it here:

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/philips_bdm4065uc.htm

Amazon is still holding them up at $750 I think. I found them lower at Sams' Club, but local inventories are not consistent and some of my friends that tried to pick one up found none in stock.

EDIT: added bolded words that somehow get left out
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 03:56:56 PM by Chalenge »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.