Author Topic: Video settings  (Read 1387 times)

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Video settings
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2015, 05:01:11 AM »
Thanks, but that's all Greek to me, I couldn't even locate the video card in the computer. I thought it was a good card when I bought the pc.... Stinks because I just got the card about a year ago. I thought I was buying a pc that could run this stuff maxed out... Guess it was $$$ wasted.

Are they getting $700-800 for video cards, or am I reading that 2nd link wrong?

Thanks again.
Fortunately you're reading the link wrong. They're advertising entire computers including the card in question, clicking the images take you to Amazon where you can see the rest of the details plus variations of the theme.

And no, it wasn't $$$ wasted, you can play the current AH2 quite well with your rig, can't you? Besides it's the mediocre cards like yours that serve the Alpha development best: HiTech already knows that with a top notch system the Alpha will run everything maxed without a hitch. Trying to get the new game fluent on a budget system is what he's after.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2015, 06:34:33 AM »
Thanks bizman, I see that now. I was also overreacting because I thought my setup would run the new version with all the features... Got to remind myself that it's alpha. I turned a few things down and now it looks better.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2015, 03:36:18 PM »
Buckshot,

Are you getting about 30-47 FPS sitting on the runway in 4096 Mode?

GTX 750 Ti
RAM 2G GDDR5
Data Paths 128bit
Band width 86.4 Gbyte sec.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2015, 10:20:21 PM »
Hi Bustr. 24: Sitting on the runway with the top three sliders in the middle and the other on 3.

It goes up to 40s when flying around, 30s on the deck.

Bad stuttering all around.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2015, 01:22:16 AM »
Stuttering might be because clutter is enabled.

Your FPS with what you are describing is about what I thought for your band width. Are you in 4096 or 2048 mode? 1024 will give you a bit more FPS. I'm wondering more if band width and type of RAM are going to be telling to a player's experience along with a Core Due 3Ghz CPU or higher into the I series.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2015, 06:30:14 AM »
Stuttering might be because clutter is enabled.

Start with the default worked for me then I cut off ground clutter and it worked better.

Try a GV too and see what you get.

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2015, 06:51:22 AM »
4096 mode, which I set from the lobby screen. I'll try the lower settings tonight.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2015, 03:11:43 PM »
Hi Bustr. 24: Sitting on the runway with the top three sliders in the middle and the other on 3.

It goes up to 40s when flying around, 30s on the deck.

Bad stuttering all around.
I dropped textures to 1024, FR increased, but I still got a fair bit of shuttering even though frame rates were indicating an acceptable 77...  My GPU is still running near 100% all the time. 

I am not complaining mind you, just sharing what I am seeing.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2015, 03:29:23 PM »
I dropped textures to 1024, FR increased, but I still got a fair bit of shuttering even though frame rates were indicating an acceptable 77...  My GPU is still running near 100% all the time. 

I am not complaining mind you, just sharing what I am seeing.
That's important information.  As I said after your first post, your card is somewhat on the edge. The behavior is just as expected without any undesired effect of unwanted background programs.
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2015, 03:35:43 PM »
That's important information.  As I said after your first post, your card is somewhat on the edge. The behavior is just as expected without any undesired effect of unwanted background programs.
The game in it's current form is still too much for my system with anything but what I consider to be moderate graphics. I made the mistake of turning on ground clutter about a year ago, and things were fine till I was chasing a con on the deck.  FR dropped to about 4...  It was hilarious.

I am looking at doing a modern build with a card that should allow me to run anything HTC can throw at me graphics wise. Not because game, but because it's time...
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2015, 03:52:27 PM »
The game in it's current form is still too much for my system with anything but what I consider to be moderate graphics. I made the mistake of turning on ground clutter about a year ago, and things were fine till I was chasing a con on the deck.  FR dropped to about 4...  It was hilarious.

I am looking at doing a modern build with a card that should allow me to run anything HTC can throw at me graphics wise. Not because game, but because it's time...
I'm in the same boat with you, my computer is starting to show its age. I just took another look at your DxDiag output in your first post and in my eyes it looks like your computer is a reasonably balanced mid class frankenstein. Your processor is much newer than mine but clocked way below. Your graphics card is about the same age than mine and according to some comparisons their performance levels are equal, but mine has double the RAM. It seems to run 100% most of the time.

Kotisivuni