Author Topic: cockpit viewing  (Read 476 times)

Offline dewliner

• Zinc Member
cockpit viewing
« on: August 12, 2015, 02:56:03 PM »
I was just looking at some films that some had put out to watch. In their films, in the cockpit, the view was fluid, meaning I could see when they changed their view with the hatswitch - rear view, left and right, could see black outs coming. How do you make this possible? In the films that I record, the viewpoint is always fixed forward. What am I missing? Normally, when I view a film it is in the pursuit mode, so this really is not an issue for learning. But when I saw it, I checked to see if my film recorded that way and it does not. Is there a specific setting I need to adjust?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
DW

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: cockpit viewing
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 03:04:36 PM »
There is a check box for using recorded views but if you're seeing blackouts then they're probably using Fraps or a similar recording tool for live recording.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 03:05:01 PM »
What FLS said.

Find the checkbox that says "show recorded views"

Now, if the film was recorded with Track IR, that won't record properly, or maybe it's just that it won't play back properly.

Still, the recorded views only show which hat direction, and do not replicate the exact head position while looking that way. If they have custom views to look around a canopy frame to track a target, the film may show the target is hidden when using the default position.

Just fair warning.

Offline dewliner

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 03:42:30 PM »
Ok thanks
DW