Author Topic: Hi Res download  (Read 532 times)

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
Re: Hi Res download
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2015, 01:24:00 PM »
Having run AH on SLI with my 680s, 970s, and now 980s, when I've tried disabling SLI and going to just single card with AH, I noticed absolutely NO difference in performance.

Since nVidia never made a decent profile for AH, I doubt they'll be in a rush to make one for AH2.

What I'm interested to know in this thread, is there someone able to create one that works well enough to see an actual benefit and boost in performance?  Chal/Bustr/etc, is it possible using the tools provided to make something worth the time in your opinions?

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2015, 01:53:17 PM »
@Gman I was about to answer on that when I got into helping Self here. Yes, it is possible to see significant scaling in the Alpha, and AH2 both. I have been creating profiles all along not realizing Skuzzy was unaware that it needed to be done. The SLI hacking tool that Bustr posted should be able to export the profile, but it has not been updated in so long I don't trust it to work with current drivers. I will post my settings if you need, but I can already tell you that you will probably have to tweak on your own anyway. I think I said yesterday that the SLI profile that works best for the Alpha (for me at least) is "Force alternate frame rendering 2" where I get something like 60% scaling. Not great, but compared to the "rendering 1" option of just 5% I think it is clearly the way to go.

@Self It looks like you meant that you have an ASUS M2N-E? I cannot find an M7N-E. If it is the M2N-E that you have, then it is a poor SLI board. Otherwise it looks like the PCIe lane scheme on AMD boards is so different (compared with Intel) that knowing your board specifications is critical to ironing out SLI issues. If it really is an M2N-E then the specifications I found indicate that it operates at X16/x4 for SLI, which would explain the problem, but I would want to know for sure which MB you have before giving up.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2015, 02:17:43 PM »
I'll be home in a few hours I'll look inside the machine and get the right numbers
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2015, 02:36:02 PM »
When you do let's move this into Hardware Support so we can get out of everyone's hair.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2015, 03:04:25 PM »
Thank you very much for helping my squad mate Chalenge.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2015, 06:54:40 PM »
Chalenge I posted in the hardware section
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch