Author Topic: Terrain Editor  (Read 364 times)

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
Terrain Editor
« on: July 26, 2015, 09:56:44 AM »
OK i am making a terrain for the MA (small map) and I was wondering... when i do the make map function and exit out of the terrain editor then back in, the map does not show up in the clipboard. Am I missing a step on how to do that???

LawnDart
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
Re: Terrain Editor
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 09:58:02 AM »
This is the map in the AH3 terrain file

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 10:31:59 AM »
I'm trying to get the terrain editor thread from the closed alpha forum moved to here so those that weren't privy to it before will be able to read up what we've learned so far.  As to your question, I don't know yet, but will figure it out today and post.  The files/folders needed for terrain for this editor have not been given out to us, so it's a guessing game right now.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 10:39:44 AM »
Well i tried as a 256 bitmap...then a 24 bitmap and neither one worked so i will try some others to see what works..

LawnDart

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 03:06:50 PM »
Well i tried as a 256 bitmap...then a 24 bitmap and neither one worked so i will try some others to see what works..

LawnDart

LawnDart,

The question you might want to ask, "has anyone been successful at creating any map using the alpha tools yet?"  I word it this way because, you are doing the correct thing in reporting the speed bumps, after all that IS what alpha is for.  I just wouldn't bang my head on that bump to long (especially on a weekend) when the developers are getting some good relaxation time in.

They have been swift in answering questions on areas they are concentrating on, or if they have convenient answers all ready.  My hope for you (and the rest of us eager to see just how creative HTC has been), is that Terrain Tool is high on their to do list.

(Sneaky Bump  :cheers: )

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2015, 07:57:56 PM »
I have only played with converting existing terrains to the new version.  I have not tried to create a brand new terrain with the new TE yet.  Might have to do that tonight.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus