Author Topic: chalenge got the MB info  (Read 346 times)

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
chalenge got the MB info
« on: July 27, 2015, 06:53:16 PM »
well I got home and I looked on the motherboard, it's the Asus M4N72-E sli motherboard
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: chalenge got the MB info
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 08:05:22 PM »
From what I see I think you should be fine. The x16 slots will default to x8/x8 in SLI mode, but that's plenty. So, using the SLI rendering mode as I suggested (Force alternate frame rendering 2) should bring you better performance.

If you need help finding your way around Nvidia Control Panel just ask and I will start a thread that outlines it all.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 08:55:47 PM »
thanks a lot chalenge I appreciate your effort and your time, I'm going to Fire up my system and going to my nvidia control panel and change it to forced rendering two and see how that works out

eventually I'm going to replace it with this in about a month or two
AMD FX-8350 Processor and ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z Motherboard..

ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4G DDR5 Graphics Cards STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4..
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 09:00:28 PM by 68ZooM »
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 09:48:18 PM »
That's a good choice. I think the 970 is probably the best choice for enthusiasts on a budget. I'm hoping Nvidia surprises us this fall with another technology release, but it probably will not be that soon.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 03:59:31 PM »
I have done quite a bit of testing now. What used to be the situation with AHII was that SLI was not needed until you had reached the end of the CPUs potential and then wanted to use greater and greater textures sizes or environmental. So, SLI typically would not show any scaling, unless you increased the texture sizes, turned on shadowing, or increased environment settings.

With the alpha (it's still early) it is more important to tune the texture sizes for your specific resolution. Increasing resolution will almost certainly cause you to drop texture size, particularly at or above 1440p.

In both versions it is advantageous to activate the SLI scaling bar while tuning your system graphically, and regardless what your personal preferences are to configure for maximum scaling. If you do this the only setting of the Nvidia Control Panel that you need to change is (for now at least) the SLI rendering mode. Everything else can be set in AHAlpha and adjusted for maximum benefit (scaling).

Everyone's system will be different with SLI the way it is right now, and it is very likely to change I think.

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 06:03:53 PM »
Chilli

Don't go with the Strix... I had one in my other machine and i had problems with it... go with an actual name brand like EVGA or MSI ..just my .02 worth.

LawnDart
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail