Author Topic: Patch 68  (Read 893 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Patch 68
« on: July 28, 2015, 04:00:37 PM »
New version up!  See http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,373691.0.html for more information
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Re: Patch 68
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 04:17:08 PM »
Very Small thing.  It still says Patch 67 in the text.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 05:33:40 PM »
Set FOV to 152 per instructions and started with the P-38L.  No problems on first general views.
Will check more planes tomorrow in more detail.

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 08:12:47 PM »
Um... What are the specific goals HiTech complained about not getting feedback on?

Yes I am that blind.
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 09:47:57 PM »
Um... What are the specific goals HiTech complained about not getting feedback on?

Yes I am that blind.

Test the mouse commander mode, simply unplug your stick before starting the game.  The commander mode has been further refined for this release.  Feedback would be welcome.

Also try out the Head Angle saving of the forward view. To set it, enter mouse view (Shift H) move your head to desired angle and position, and press F10.

To set it back Press HOME then F10

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 11:01:03 PM »
Checked out a good deal of the planes I am intimately familiar with. And a few I'm not as familiar with.
So far
A OK.

Want some real adventure. Try flying in that POV.

Kinda reminds me some of my experiences during the 70's

On another note. Checking out bombers gave me the opportunity to check out other aircraft on the runway upclose and personal.

I think they have achieved "wow" even at 1024 texture settings

My compliments
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 02:51:01 PM »
Mouse commander is easier to use.

Head angle change works.

So far with TIR and 152 FOV:

TU-2S  left cockpit frame clipped

TBM-3  Head goes outside cockpit both sides

Sea Hurri clips horizontal cockpit rails both sides.

All P-47s looking back from the forward side head position clip the cockpit.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2015, 04:28:29 PM »
P-38G,J and L no problems.   No problems with the P-47M and D40.  B17 looked good.

One question.  Should we zoom in or not while looking for missing parts?

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2015, 07:42:16 PM »
I really hate the mouse commander thing, but gave it a whirl anyways.

Had pretty awesome control, was able to roll, land etc.  Haven't tried shooting anything yet. (due to the backwards axis')

When i switch back to direct control mode however, the axis' are inverted back and that can throw you off quite a bit.

IE. I roll the mouse down to pull up in direct mode, and if i switch to command mode and pull down, my plane nose dives.

After months of this, i just realized that the commander mode also controls rudder too.  Kind of cool, but I will stick with my ways.

Again, when i am in direct mode and pull up the clipboard, I would rather not have my mouse control mode switched to greendot (commander), its rather annoying.

Between these two issues in this thread, I'd be willing to test that mode quite a bit more, but for now its annoying.

Game still looks good!

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2015, 07:45:07 PM »
Just a suggestion, maybe make mouse commander mode something you turn on and off in flight options like "Auto Takeoff"

If you don't want to use it, it is kind of a PITA to remap your keys to something quicker to the home key positions on the keyboard to get you back to a more "Normal Mode" of playing the game.

Basically so it is something that cant be turned off and on in flight by a couple key strokes.  Either you use it or you don't.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2015, 09:49:43 PM »
Mouse commander is easier to use for extended turns with the FOV @ 152 on a single monitor.  Zoom in to normal view. I know this is somewhat opposite of the new default 80 FOV. 152 is too wide generally but flying with a wide view for maneuvering and SA, and zooming in to see and shoot, seems like the best use of commander mode and zoom.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2015, 10:39:08 PM »
I'm trying to catch up on the Terrain Editor so I can help with that. As you know, it wasn't available for review when I called a few months ago, so I'm behind the curve by a lot.

Easy
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline dmdchief

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2015, 11:43:53 PM »
I can't seem to see anything different on the new mouse control and the one from the last patch, It all works the same for me.
I had a glitch when I selected to join a mission I was hung up in mid air not able to go anywhere and then when I bailed it took me back to the tower couldn't get parachute to deploy.  This was immediately on entering the arena, went out and came back and everything was normal.

my card temp went down on this patch about 15 degrees

salute
ab8aac

1 other thing in fov152 it drastically change all my colors to green tint.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 12:08:21 AM by dmdchief »
HAVE THE COURAGE TO STEP UP AND LEAD AND THE PUBLIC WILL FOLLOW

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2015, 12:53:39 AM »
Did anyone notice with the new mouse commander if you hit the A or D key that you get a full rudder deflection and the green commander ring turns red?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2015, 03:23:49 AM »
Firing the tankgun causes a loss of up to 10 fps. Average loss is 8 fps with a minimum of 6.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.