Author Topic: Anyone Getting Results On This One?  (Read 555 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Anyone Getting Results On This One?
« on: July 29, 2015, 11:51:25 AM »
From Hitech for Patch 68:

Test goals:
------------------
With a change we made to the LOD system, many planes could have minor display issues.

Set your default Field of view to 152 and in the graphics options set your detail level to fastest, I.E. Left.
This set the system to it's lowest detail level.

Then jump into every plane and look for missing parts. Things like gun turrets could be missing.

WE HAVE HAD ALMOST ZERO FEED BACK ON OUR PREVIOUS TEST GOALS. Please try and report on the following.

Test the mouse commander mode, simply unplug your stick before starting the game.  The commander mode has been further refined for this release.  Feedback would be welcome.

Also try out the Head Angle saving of the forward view. To set it, enter mouse view (Shift H) move your head to desired angle and position, and press F10.

To set it back Press HOME then F10
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Re: Anyone Getting Results On This One?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 11:59:04 AM »
I have tested and reported on the mouse control and head tilt setting.  I have done a quick review of the P-38L in the 152FOV setting.  Will do more fov 152 plane reviews this afternoon. 

It would be good for everyone to review their favorite planes first.  Probably should start a list of planes reviewed.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 04:26:57 PM »
Checked all 3 of the Zeke's didn't notice any graphic issues.

While checking the 109's I noticed a substantial delay in response to Rudder Pedal input. After looking at the scaling in the options menu and checking response between the raw and scaled, what is shown in the cockpit is noticeable slower. May not mean any thing, but if someone is trying to determine why they are not turning as they should, that indication could be misleading, if it is a correct indication of input/output response.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 08:50:21 PM »
Checked all 3 of the Zeke's didn't notice any graphic issues.

While checking the 109's I noticed a substantial delay in response to Rudder Pedal input. After looking at the scaling in the options menu and checking response between the raw and scaled, what is shown in the cockpit is noticeable slower. May not mean any thing, but if someone is trying to determine why they are not turning as they should, that indication could be misleading, if it is a correct indication of input/output response.

The rudder is the same in AH. It's full deflection is delayed even sitting on the runway,  presumably due to air pressure.

Offline Nosara

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 10:03:06 PM »
I set up the P38L and have not had any issues with head positions.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 01:07:09 AM »
The rudder is the same in AH. It's full deflection is delayed even sitting on the runway,  presumably due to air pressure.

Thanks FLS, didn't know if that was normal or not. :D
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76