Author Topic: Test Goal FOV 152  (Read 422 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Test Goal FOV 152
« on: July 29, 2015, 11:56:46 AM »
First anomaly happens on hitting F3 on the runway. I get to look at the old under world ocean. At least I didn't fall through like last year. You should have put some sharks down there.....
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Test Goal FOV 152
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 12:19:09 PM »
Finished through the 109 family.

F3 first time hitting button, looking up from under world ocean is still there. Hit zoom it goes away.

Shadowing on all props so far in F3 have a series of lines 90 degrees to the prop line like streeks of soot or paint.

FOV of 152, hit zoom and zoom default is to FOV 80. Interesting.....Oh and mapping mouse pan is a very fast way to look around for anomalies. Mapped it to the mouse right button.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 12:23:56 PM »
The newest generation of art like the C200\205 do not have the shadow streeking on the props.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 12:49:18 PM »
F4u-All and F6f

In F3, in front on the runway, looking up from the runway at the radial engine jugs. They reflect sunlight as a flat plain, like a circle of glass.

F4f and FM2

Almost, not enough there for a reflection but, you can tell no 3D rendering.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 01:15:12 PM »
F4u 152 FOV none zoom, tree anomalies at distance, jugs reflecting like glass plate.

Hurri 152 FOV none zoom, tree anomalies at distance.

I16 152 FOV zoomed and none zoomed. Tree anomalies. Flapairons and split flaps.

NOTE: No I16 had both flapairons and split flaps. Flapairons were replaced with split flaps with the introduction of the Type 10. Flapairons were replaced with split flaps because they killed pilots. Both are instant death.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 01:21:20 PM »
Ki43 FOV 152 pilot head too far back. Cuts into head rest.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 01:33:23 PM »
Me410 FOV 152 non-zoomed, shadow anomalies on runway.

Shadow anoamalies seem to happen with everything at that angle to the sun.

N1K2 FOV 152 non-zoomed, shadow anomalies on runway.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 01:40:36 PM by bustr »
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2015, 01:48:19 PM »
P38L FOV 152 un-zoomed. Grid lines running up to P38.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2015, 02:48:25 PM »
First, it's been several updates since my last report. All updates ran with no issues through the game.

Went through fighters from A6M2 to 110G-2. 

A couple of things in common: The sea shows as a striped blue line covering 20-25% of the bottom of the screen. At a certain angle I could see the waves to identify it as the sea. See image.

Another common feature also seen in AH2: When getting close enough either from front or rear the fuselage disappears. That doesn't happen from the sides. See image.

On A6M2, 109G-6, 109K-4 the canopy beam gets cut at an angle when looking back from the side (arrow left/right maxxed). On 110G-2 it does the same in front view. See image.

Looking back in K-4 with arrow Up cuts the rear frame. See image

In K-4 below rear wings there's unpainted plates on either side. Emergency patches?

Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2015, 02:55:00 PM »
Tu2 box, 152vFOV,  no-zoom. Distortion in size.

I'm done, been through all the planes. It's someone elses turn...waaaaaaa.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing