Author Topic: Windows 10  (Read 3901 times)

Offline Snork

• Copper Member
Re: Windows 10
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2015, 11:26:34 AM »
I upgraded. Everything ok except CH Pro pedals. They show as being connected in Windows settings but no functions work in the game and I haven't found a test within windows. Logitech 3D pro is fine.

Just changed to a different USB port and it works fine. All's well now. Good Job!
Flying as Noser

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2015, 12:53:19 PM »
Okay, Maxed out anti-aliasing. Works like a charm now.

What does anti-aliasing do?  Please type real simple like...  I seriously don't know what it is...

Thanks!
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline mikev

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2015, 02:21:30 PM »
up graded to windows 10 went back to windows 7 . only reason i went back was making videos using windows movie maker . when i capture using fraps i get error code ERROR 0xC946002c telling me its corrupt or codec error in movie maker.
1 Of these days you will regret shooting me down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R4qb6_RPUc

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2015, 03:36:54 PM »
What does anti-aliasing do?  Please type real simple like...  I seriously don't know what it is...

Thanks!

Pixels are squares, so if you try to make a cured line with pixels you get a jagged/sawtooth line. Adding anti-aliasing draws the line/curve and overlays them off set a bit. So in stead of having this big step from pixel to pixel the over lays create and bunch of little steps. More anti-aliasing means more steps to cover the same area. The reason it takes more horse power to add anti-aliasing is because the video must draw more over lapping pictures for each frame.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2015, 04:13:31 PM »
up graded to windows 10 went back to windows 7 . only reason i went back was making videos using windows movie maker . when i capture using fraps i get error code ERROR 0xC946002c telling me its corrupt or codec error in movie maker.

You might try something like VSDC, which is also free. I use Premiere so I can't really rate/review VSDC, but I know people claim it is similar to professional editing programs. It's not without issues, but might get you beyond the update.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2015, 04:59:23 PM »
You might try something like VSDC, which is also free. I use Premiere so I can't really rate/review VSDC, but I know people claim it is similar to professional editing programs. It's not without issues, but might get you beyond the update.

+1 For Premiere

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2015, 07:27:42 PM »
Just FYI.  This is an update and in the history of Microsoft they have never shipped an update for an operating system which has not caused problems.

Free or not, there is no way I am doing this.

25 years in the IT business speaking here folks, and Skuzzy is right on target.  Instead of jumping onto the "bleeding edge" do yourselves a favor and wait.  Give the developers and drivers makers time to figure out the bugs so you don't have to. 

I tend to wait until the first service pack is released (although usually in MS land stability is ultimately achieved in the 3rd service pack). 

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2015, 07:55:44 PM »
. . .

I tend to wait until the first service pack is released (although usually in MS land stability is ultimately achieved in the Enterprise level products).

Fixed.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2015, 01:27:08 AM »
I upgraded to Windows 10 a few days ago.  I did the upgrade onto Windows 7, then did a clean install after testing for a while.
I'm really liking it so far.  All of my games play as good as ever.  No degradation of any kind that I see.
I like the fact that we can change the size of the quick-start menu icons.

Ok, I'm off to see if I can get Cortana to say some bad words.   :bolt:

Coogan

From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2015, 04:58:19 AM »
From reading at MS, this upgrade is the only way to get it for free against your current qualifying license. And the only way to get a full install CD is to first upgrade and then run the full install DVD maker app. If you don't take this free upgrade now, later do we have to pay for a full install CD?

So if I want the free upgrade I have to go through this so I will be able to create an install CD, then have to format and reinstall Win7...really dumb Microsoft...just really frikkin dumb.

And If I go this route to get the free upgrade to create the full install CD, will my later on install of Win10 say around the time sp1 is released accept my current valid Win7 license?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2015, 05:13:44 AM »
I suppose the only safe way to test the 10 upgrade and run the full install DVD maker app would be to get another hard disk and clone the entire system on it. That would ensure that if something goes wrong there'd always be an unmodified version of the current system on the other disk.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline mikev

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2015, 10:31:54 AM »
  for all of you who cant wait to try windows 10. here is a way you can get it in both versions
http://www.cnet.com/how-to/clean-install-windows-10/?ftag=CAD32c237d
1 Of these days you will regret shooting me down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R4qb6_RPUc

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2015, 11:07:37 AM »
  for all of you who cant wait to try windows 10. here is a way you can get it in both versions
http://www.cnet.com/how-to/clean-install-windows-10/?ftag=CAD32c237d

Odds are pretty good they will have screwed up Win11 and be releasing Win12 by the time Im ready to "upgrade". :P

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2015, 12:18:54 PM »
Win10 works great (took the risk to migrate from a charged Win7 installation) except that I had to spend an hour to fix a privilege problem with the start menu, until I find the right hotfix to install.

Other than that both my sound cards have no drivers out just yet, and the windows drivers do not deliver a good sound. I'll have to use a USB logitech G35 headset which doesn't work for now, but does have a driver lol

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2015, 02:55:17 PM »
So are we praising Win10 because with all of it's buggyness it's easy to fix for a minority of computer users or because it's new?

I thought Microsoft's whole point of this version was real ease of installation and use at last. This is sounding like all of the past MS new and improved promises of this OS is the OS of all OS because we have gotten it right this time. And all I'm reading in here and on the Internet is about problems and everyone's personal work arounds. So far, Win7 was less problematical.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.