Author Topic: Windows 10, 70 processes running  (Read 701 times)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
Windows 10, 70 processes running
« on: August 30, 2015, 09:21:38 PM »
I jumped on for a bit and found much lag. So I ran a virus check, good there.

Then I went to task manager and there were 70 processes running. A big chunk was the new AVG program Called Zen and the auto tune program from same. I deleted them and went to the default Windows defender. Prior to that I was using 2.5 ghz of memory at desk top. 31%. Now it's down to 1.6 ghz or 16%. That still seems like an awful amount of resource usage at desk top. I thought the goal rate was 1%.

I looked some more and a windows shell program was a big one and the search feature on the desk top another. Creative labs control panel was huge too.

Is there a program or a list of programs that you stop or set up to stop?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Windows 10, 70 processes running
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 05:15:55 AM »
Mine is 64 3rd party processes, 28 Windows processes, with 1% CPU and 8% memory with IE open. With the game running in the background it jumps to 5% CPU and 10% memory (game minimized).

I used to use AlacrityPC to trim back the processes, but it has not been updated in a long time and may not ever have a W10 version out.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.