Author Topic: Graphic anomolies  (Read 2290 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: Graphic anomolies
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2015, 08:00:28 PM »
Havent as of yet been able to reproduce the treeline anomaly

However. Without doing anything with my drivers yet I was screwing around with the settings and in the Nvidia control panel I changed the "Set PhysX configuration from auto select  to just the video card and I was able to get this (see attached screenshot). Which I found interesting.

While over certain areas I would have some dropout in framerates into the 20's which I kinda expected. But for the most part it held steady only rarely dropping out of the low 30's and getting even as much as 50 FPS.
Once I changed arenas however.The preciously posted block type images returned and stayed no matter how much I reduced things.

That also seems to be a common theme. When I do get settings that work. They only work until I change arenas.

I'll try again to reproduce the tree enomoly then if unsuccessful I'll do a driver sweep and install new drivers.

Ill also be ordering Windows 7 by the end of the week. So if there is anything else you want me to look into while still using this particular setup let me know.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2015, 08:35:19 PM »
This may be an up down issue. I.e arena change.
It would explain why I do not see it.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2015, 10:08:06 PM »
Update

Updated graphics driver seems to like the game even less then the old one.

The best description regardless of driver is inconstant. I can sometimes get the game running  even with full graphics options and highest texture settings. And sometimes not. In the steal the flag arena When I get things running right I can often leave and enter the area with no changes. But not always. Largest problem seems to be in the mission arena. But only with the water. All other graphics appear normal at all times with the occasional flickering dancing tree shadows

Also
This machine Seems to hate the Steal the sheep arena no matter what drivers are installed with a flickering best described as a strobe light effect in the tower.

Another note.
Game doesnt always seem to save (in game) graphic settings when leaving an arena and going to another. Or when leaving an arena and then re entering.
At first I thought this might be tied to the video settings which would seem to make sense. Then I noticed it happen simply from changing an arena without leaving the game. Ive tried unsuccessfully to  find a way to intentionally replicate it so I could point to "if I do this. that happens" But it seems to be very random

Thinking I may have an "AHA!" moment in trying to get the graphics consistent. I took to checking the settings upon entering the arena. Results have been the same though.

Im including a video of what was supposed to be the tower view in the steal the sheep arena hoping ot shot the flickering tower. But it just seems to show water. Dunno why. I have noticed the black blocks in that water I have been experiencing. Dont know what if anything you can garner from that. But figured I'd throw it out there.

Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2015, 10:27:26 PM »
Longer view of the blackwater effect caught on film as well as the lack of any ill effects over ground.

Hope this helps. Hadnt thought of this before. But if it were drivers or a card problem it shouldnt show up on film. No?

Thats intended to be a question. Not an accusation
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2015, 04:47:48 AM »
While you're looking at water, and sorry if this has been reported, anomalies at P14. Looks like two textures fighting each other at three places. Here's one seen from the tower in external view.
My video settings are at the default: 1920 x 1080, 4096 Max Texture Size, no Anti-aliasing.
The in-game graphics settings show in the jpg.

Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2015, 09:55:10 AM »
The film plays fine for us.

Here is what we would like you to try.

Make sure you have not forced any graphic options in the NVidia control panel.  Use the defaults.  Very important.

2)  Next, try disabling "Post Lighting" and setting the "Maximum Texture Size" to 1024.  Then test it.  If the problems go away, then let us know.

3)  While in the game looking at the water (use CM eye to position yourself), minimize, then maximize to see if the water issues clear.  If the problems go away, then let us know.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2015, 02:37:32 PM »
I am getting the same thing....
this is with post lighting off...

when I turn on "post lighting" the plane cockpit is now behind the graphics glitches...maybe this will help finding issue :headscratch:

shadows on or off give me very little change in FR....

also I am getting the canopy to disappear when changing details...go into F3 they come back.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2015, 07:39:54 PM »
hmm. While trying to figure out how to work the CM (Ive never used it before) and still seeing the blocks I tabbed out to Windows and then back in again. and something interesting s happening.

BRB Im going back in game to check again
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2015, 07:51:17 PM »
Trying one more thing to confirm my findings
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2015, 08:35:01 PM »
Nope. Back to inconsistant

Tried all Skuzzy said with no difference. Though I never ran the card at anything but default settings to my recollection. I did reset it all to default just in case I missed something

Then I thought I found something interesting.
I tabbed out to windows while in flight to reread the instructions on how CM works. When I tabbed back in again the blackwater was gone. Was able to repeat this several times.

Tried bumping the graphic settings with the same positive results.

Then tried upping the textures figuring I'd put it though a full test. First it seemed tabbing back out then back in again causes "some" improvement. Then it just all went bad again and even reduced texture size and lower graphics seemed to make any difference.

Then the game itself crashed twice.

Just for giggles I am going to try redownloading and reinstalling the game just in case for some reason there was a bad install.

It couldnt hoit
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2015, 08:36:34 PM »
The apt tab is good info to me

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2015, 08:58:25 PM »
Sounds like it could be similar to what I had with the black screen... would comeback running in window, but crashed full screen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk