Author Topic: framerates  (Read 773 times)

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: framerates
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2015, 03:31:31 PM »
CAP1, the main reason for the drop in your frame rates is that your card, the GTX9800, has been told to be as the minimum for the new version. AH3 will likely be much more dependent on the video card than AH2, whereas the load on the processor will diminish. I have an E8500 (overclocked to 3.8) with a newer video card and my frame rate is fairly good even in the Alpha. Bus as has been said, your experience with your current setup is what counts the most. The alpha is a work in progress, so anything can still happen. Don't rush! Except for installing SP2 to your Vista.

As for the vid mem output, it apparently still doesn't show any correct numbers due to Microsoft.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2015, 03:43:40 PM »
The video memory numbers, in the Alpha, are correct, but they only show what the Alpha is using and not what other software may have allocated from video memory.

The total available memory should be the physical amount of RAM the video card has.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2015, 03:52:40 PM »
This is a free application.

Download GPU-Z and run it while you play the game. Click on the sensors tab before starting the game. After you have the game up, tab out and look at the sensor for "Memory Usage (dynamic)". That amount is not being used in the game. This is the reason you are not seeing 512 for the full amount of video memory detected. You will get a better outcome with a GDDR5 card.

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

You can set this to log to a file.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2015, 07:04:20 AM »
It doesn't seem to be an upgrade at gtx740  Edit:  There are 2 separate and very different GTX 740 cards. Green highlight in attached image is DDR5 and is indeed an upgrade, whereas the red highlight shows the DDR3 "superclocked card that is not an upgrade (for AH3), but still about the same pricing. Note specifications 400 watt PSU required.

A few more dollars and he might find an entire systems with OS included.

Sorry, just shows how important it is to check things out thoroughly.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 07:06:07 AM by Chilli »

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2015, 06:34:23 PM »
this is why i came here before deciding on a plan. from the tiny bit i saw in offline, this may just get my skinny lazy bellybutton back into the game. but i gotta upgrade first, lol
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)