Author Topic: CH peds causing GV braking??  (Read 521 times)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
CH peds causing GV braking??
« on: August 05, 2015, 08:21:10 AM »
My CH j-stick .throttle & peds are powered via USB hub. Had to relocate the computer and unplugged all cords. Plugged everything back to the hub tho the inputs may be in new slots vs previous placement. Since the change, any GV I select seems to have the brakes applied to a degree. The W,A,S,D controls are mapped to a 4 way hat on the throttle. The only way I can achieve full forward motion involves depressing and sliding the peds back & forth. The only assignment I have set for peds is the yaw axis. Sorry if this sounds confusing  :bhead

How do I get rid of the braking motion, which seems somehow related to the peds? I did recalibrate everything in-game and via the control manager.

Thanks in advance.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: CH peds causing GV braking??
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 08:29:19 AM »
Add a little  dead band to the pedal  axis. The game sees a bit of a turn and so won't accelerate. 

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 08:34:09 AM »
I'll give that a try but I use absolutely no pedal input while GV'n...only the WASD on my throttle hat.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 11:07:14 AM »
If the pots are a little dirty the game could see that as input. That's most likely  why it clears up when you do wiggle them around.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 11:09:42 AM »
Adding deadband seems to have cleared it up. No doubt the pots need cleaning....the setup is 10 yrs old.  :salute

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 12:38:48 PM »
I had to give up my ch pedals because the spikes caused that worthless error message, don't move your joystick so much.